CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions

Skins CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions 0.9.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a question about the logos of the tyre manufacturers on the cars. Would you rather have the original logos that were on the cars back then or just Firestone logos because unfortunately we only have Firestone tyres here?
I could go either way. Firestone logos on all are fine because that's all that is available in the game. Seeing yellow Goodyear logos on the 1998 Goodyear cars could add to the immersion, though. Perhaps you could ask for permission to use the textures that are in the AMS1 CART Extreme mod if you decide to show Goodyear logos.

I could go either way. Firestone logos on all are fine because that's all that is available in the game. Seeing yellow Goodyear logos on the 1998 Goodyear cars could add to the immersion, though. Perhaps you could ask for permission to use the textures that are in the AMS1 CART Extreme mod if you decide to show Goodyear logos.
I must have expressed myself wrongly, sorry!
In the Cart 98 DLC, only the Firestone is available and no other can be selected (probably due to the licence) and you can't edit them (yet), hence my question.

I must have expressed myself wrongly, sorry!
In the Cart 98 DLC, only the Firestone is available and no other can be selected (probably due to the licence) and you can't edit them (yet), hence my question.
I don't think you asked wrongly at all. I probably took it too far. In terms of changing the logos on the skins only, I think it would look goofy having Goodyear logos with Firestone tires. I'm okay with Goodyear cars having Firestone logos as they are right now.

I would say something also on that matter but you won't read it anyway so it's pointless... :rolleyes:

however, I think it's silly that you made skins without cooperation with other modders too.
I mean... @iksmean made perfectly fine skins for two teams already and you made those again ??? :alien:
as a matter a fact, his work imho looks even better than yours:

previewcart36-jpg.526981

previewcart98-jpg.526982

vs yours:

aar-jpg.526962

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dunno but that looks like a wasting of resources to me...

Great work dude. Thanks.
I'm loving these cars and I really hope, we get more Cart tracks like Houston, Toronto, Vancouver, Detroit, Denver or something like that.
Don't forget Portland and MidOhio!
They were always great races,
or in other sims always great to drive there myself!

My OCD would like to kiss you for those new previews!

And the pack as a whole is fantastic! Thanks to all involved.
There you have to thank Rob Fitness he has made these great previews, I always wanted to make them so but did not have the time and also never get the camera angle on all cars in the same position, he has found a way a thank you to him!

Hey Chrisi, There was a photographer named Peter Burke who was quite prolific in shooting CART races back in the era we have represented in the game. I just discovered that he has kept his site online and seems to have most of his old images there to view. The site is [speedcenter][com]. To get right to the relevant images, follow the site’s menus to Old Speedcenter > Photo Gallery. You’ll then see a choice of years.

A lot of the images are of people or on the “artsy” side so I don’t know how thorough the galleries will be as reference material for you. After seeing that you were having to rely on the CART Extreme skins and models as a reference in some cases, I thought it couldn’t hurt to make you aware of some more images from the real series.

Hey Chrisi, There was a photographer named Peter Burke who was quite prolific in shooting CART races back in the era we have represented in the game. I just discovered that he has kept his site online and seems to have most of his old images there to view. The site is [speedcenter][com]. To get right to the relevant images, follow the site’s menus to Old Speedcenter > Photo Gallery. You’ll then see a choice of years.

A lot of the images are of people or on the “artsy” side so I don’t know how thorough the galleries will be as reference material for you. After seeing that you were having to rely on the CART Extreme skins and models as a reference in some cases, I thought it couldn’t hurt to make you aware of some more images from the real series.
Thank you there are few 1998 but they have a good resolution! Thank you!

chrisi2174 updated CART Skins F-USA Gen2 23-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

New Previews + Iksmean Skin-previews

Big Thanks for the great tip, Rob Fitness,
for how to always get the same camera setting to create the previews yourself !!!!

The thumbnails for Iksmeans skins are all in the extra folder, so they all look the same! The skinpack previews are also new again because I have a slightly different camera position than Rob Fitness, so they would look different. I'm guessing it's a different screen resolution or whatever affects the position...

Read the rest of this update entry...

thanks for the latest updates :thumbsup:

sorry for my last outburst :D :x3:
thanks for doing previews for iksmean skins
looks like you two are fine. that's great.

and here's some sneak previews....

sorry for hijacking your thread :x3:

Attachments

• AMS2AVX_2021_12_26_03_42_33_200b.png
    AMS2AVX_2021_12_26_03_42_33_200b.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 81
  • AMS2AVX_2021_12_26_03_46_01_542b.png
    AMS2AVX_2021_12_26_03_46_01_542b.png
    352.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Great job on the skins pack... but the Walker Is reynard/Honda not reynard/Ford...So its on wrong folder. Keep up the great work.
We hope that Reiza will still give a few places for Reynard-Honda and Reynard-Mercedes.
and manyicht still the option to select the Rims BBS or OZ. And also the color of the Rims. Reiza has some of this planned, we can only hope that they can make it possible.

It is what it is. We play with cards that are given to us (by Reiza) :unsure:
I plan to publish Tony Kanaan livery - as a Swift chassis and I'm perfectly aware it's actually Reynard.
We have only one slot free and since Kanaan was the highest ranked driver from that year and he
doesn't have published livery by now, I choose to make it. Not to mention the livery is also beautiful :)

If I'm right these are the drivers that drove full or almost full season that are missing for now:

Tony Kanaan (RY) 09-92 (rookie of the year, 9th place on final standings!, 92 points)
Hélio Castroneves (R) 17-36
JJ Lehto (R) 20-25
Dennis Vitolo 33-00

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I followed the instructions as stated but I have no new skins. In fact, some of the original ones from the game itself are now missing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This would be much appreciated. TIA.

-Jason

Hello everyone,

I followed the instructions as stated but I have no new skins. In fact, some of the original ones from the game itself are now missing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This would be much appreciated. TIA.

-Jason

skins go in:
(YOUR) Automobilista 2 folder\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides
(you must see a question that you will overwrite skins that are already there,
just say "yes" and they must be there once you enter the game)

and the AI files go in:
(YOUR) Automobilista 2 folder\UserData\CustomAIDrivers
(you probably don't have another here you you won't be asked to overwrite, but if you were, say yes once again :))

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.4%