CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions

Skins CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions 0.9.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
chrisi2174 updated CART Skins F-USA Gen2 16-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

Custom AI file fixed and I reworked the Player's skins

I reworked the Player's skins:
Dark blue stripes on the sidepods, Player lettering on the sidepods and the engine cover, and a little bit on the stripes in the front.
I think it is so something better.

Custom AI file fixed
"Jr" deleted from the names of Al Unser and Michel Jourdain, so you will see them in the HUD as Unser and Jourdain instead of just Jr and furthermore the crew chief can then pronounce their names.
Thank...

Read the rest of this update entry...

not a huge thing but
all skins are 4096x4096 but the car #26 (Paul Tracy) is 4096x6144 pixels
Okay thanks! I will fix that with the next update.
With the last update I have also the latest version of the Player's Forsythe forgotten to pack with purely

here is a comparison, i had the rear stripe on the side boxes to the rear wheel still matched to the 1998 car paint job!
old version in 0.6.6.1

ss164756.jpg

new version in the next update
ss221948.jpg

Just had a thought. In 1999, Penske switched from the PC27B to the Lola for much of the season. You might be able to use photos from that time for reference. The easiest way to identify the Lola in road course trim is it doesn't have the raised nose like the Penske chassis.

I think a Google image search for "1999 penske lola" should yield some decent results.

may-1999-al-unser-jrof-the-usa-who-drives-a-mercedes-lola-t9900-for-picture-id72525541

1018487756-LAT-19990711-99_CART_R10RoadAmerica_25.jpg

gonzalo-rodriguez-of-uruguay-drives-the-marlboro-team-penske-lola-picture-id731614487

Thank you for your fantastic work!
Sorry had not seen your post because here was already the second page with comments started I had not even looked at the first. I think with the last version of the Penske skin I am not so far away from reality? Or what do you think?

Sorry had not seen your post because here was already the second page with comments started I had not even looked at the first. I think with the last version of the Penske skin I am not so far away from reality? Or what do you think?
No need to be sorry, sir. I'll look at them more closely the next time I am in AMS2.

I haven't looked, but does anyone know if we could change those vehicles to being a Lola/Mercedes-Benz from Lola/Ford by modifying or swapping some files?

No need to be sorry, sir. I'll look at them more closely the next time I am in AMS2.

I haven't looked, but does anyone know if we could change those vehicles to being a Lola/Mercedes-Benz from Lola/Ford by modifying or swapping some files?
I don't think you can change the cars from Lola/Ford to Lola/Mercedes-Benz so easily, and if you do it will be complicated and interfere with the game itself.

I don't think you can change the cars from Lola/Ford to Lola/Mercedes-Benz so easily, and if you do it will be complicated and interfere with the game itself.
Makes sense. I'll take a looky-loo later. Did a quick visual comparison. I think what you have right now is really great. The only minor feedback I have is perhaps the #3 should be wider and I don't know if the vertical slats under the front of the sidepods can be painted. If they can, they should be white with the word MODINE on it in black text. Let me know if you need help finding reference photos. Thank you again!

Makes sense. I'll take a looky-loo later. Did a quick visual comparison. I think what you have right now is really great. The only minor feedback I have is perhaps the #3 should be wider and I don't know if the vertical slats under the front of the sidepods can be painted. If they can, they should be white with the word MODINE on it in black text. Let me know if you need help finding reference photos. Thank you again!
I just tried it you can't make the slats white on the Lola unfortunately.

So I've not had a look at the folders or files as I'm not by my computer this week, is there anyway of creating helmets for the drivers? I'd be interested in doing some if we are able to edit this files.

chrisi2174 updated CART Skins F-USA Gen2 18-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

prepared the Custom Driver AI and the Custom Liveries Overrides and new Previews

I have prepared the Custom Driver AI and the Custom Liveries Overrides so far. All you have to do is move the finished dds file (skin or skin preview) into the skin folder.
Then I plan to make only one skin of Payton Coyne Racing with Michel Jourdain Jr and the free space for Walker Racing with Gil de Ferran. As shown in the pictures below!
Walker Racing had a Honda engine but I think the skin is worth ignoring.
Should I use Ford logos for the skin or Honda logos as in the original? But then...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea