CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions

Skins CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions 0.9.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Seeing as the rules have now changed regarding the wheels in the xml file, and that these liveries don't work any more, do you think you would be able to update the file to include the correct wheels for the particular car, be it Black, Silver or Gold, so that the liveries will work again? Thanks. Keep up the fantastic work that helps bring AMS2 truly alive.
The 98 skins still work in my game. Are you talking about a new beta?

I seem to be having a problem with these skins. I have moved the two files, the user data and the Vehicles folder to my main AMS 2 folder. when I am in game and pick one of the gen 2 cars from the list, I can see the different skin for each of the cars but when it loads in the garage ready to start, all the cars are red. It doesn't matter which team I pick, they are all in red, when I say red I mean pure red nothing else, no other graphics, sponsors just plain red also when you look at the car in the showroom, its just red. Have I missed something. are these skins compatible for the beta version, the normal version or both? I am using the beta version. Is this the reason why?

Please excuse the pics as I took them with my S7

Attachments

• 20220220_003405.jpg
    20220220_003405.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220220_003442.jpg
    20220220_003442.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220220_004025.jpg
    20220220_004025.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I seem to be having a problem with these skins. I have moved the two files, the user data and the Vehicles folder to my main AMS 2 folder. when I am in game and pick one of the gen 2 cars from the list, I can see the different skin for each of the cars but when it loads in the garage ready to start, all the cars are red. It doesn't matter which team I pick, they are all in red, when I say red I mean pure red nothing else, no other graphics, sponsors just plain red also when you look at the car in the showroom, its just red. Have I missed something. are these skins compatible for the beta version, the normal version or both? I am using the beta version. Is this the reason why?

The recent beta update made the current version of these skins incompatible. They still work correctly in the public version.

You have to change part of a line in each of the .xml files in the four 1998 Cart folders and in the Swift folder as well. They are in the Automobilista2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides Folder. Have to change the line where it says BASELIVERY="Default" to BASELIVERY="BlackWheels" or "GoldWheels" or "SilverWheels" Worked for me. Good luck.

Reactions: F_B
You have to change part of a line in each of the .xml files in the four 1998 Cart folders and in the Swift folder as well. They are in the Automobilista2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides Folder. Have to change the line where it says BASELIVERY="Default" to BASELIVERY="BlackWheels" or "GoldWheels" or "SilverWheels" Worked for me. Good luck.
Ok thanks, I will give it a go and see if I can do it

Wow, thanks again, just done all files and all is good now. Thanks for your help mate

Last edited:
thanks for including my AI mate
appreciate ! :thumbsup:

to all of you who will race with AI with this mod:
please test it and tell me what you like and what don't with AI, we can improve it together !
I tested it thoroughly, mostly on Laguna, Cleveland, Long Beach and a bit at Rio oval but you know...
although I love doing AI and play with numbers - more testers can only help.

thanks and enjoy guys ;)

I have loaded the new skins and I can see them in my vehicel selection screen and livery selection...but when I launch the race all car's are red cars with no team livery..any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks Mike

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.