CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
I really hope the dev or someone can help me coz I love this app for it's spline function.

The issue I have is that when I enable the cam, the fps drops 50% and the GPU usage with 20%. First thought is that the app is written poorly and does not use multithreading or something. It is really annoying to get frame drops up do 20 when my gpu is chilling at 60%.

Please help :((

Hello,

You can try my fix: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/camtool-2-extension-perf-fix-and-more-features.41614/

But anyway, the app is already kind of hacking assetto functions to get it working. So it doesn't seem we can do that much.

Hello,

You can try my fix: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/camtool-2-extension-perf-fix-and-more-features.41614/

But anyway, the app is already kind of hacking assetto functions to get it working. So it doesn't seem we can do that much.
hey thx for your reply and work on the project!! good job. Unfortunately this made zero difference in my case but I did found the issue. The problem in my case is that I use a dronecamera app to record the spline. Well.. it doesn't like it at all, so your idea of implementing a drone camera option is gold. For now I am going to try other drone camera apps to see if its only a problem with the camtool2 + IS drone came combo

Last edited:
hey thx for your reply and work on the project!! good job. Unfortunately this made zero difference in my case but I did found the issue. The problem in my case is that I use a dronecamera app to record the spline. Well.. it doesn't like it at all, so your idea of implementing a drone camera option is gold. For now I am going to try other drone camera apps to see if its only a problem with the camtool2 + IS drone came combo
arf :( ok good luck then!

Is there a decent guide on this, or maybe a Discord channel? I've watched so many of these very basic quick tutorials on youtube where people don't really talk to explain the steps properly. I'm having a hell of a time understanding the keyframe when trying to track several cars from a fixed position. All I want to do is track car 1 past a fixed camera position then pickup and track the 2nd car from the same position but when I keyframe that 2nd car it keeps resetting the 1st car camera keyframe because the point on the track has already been set. It's so confusing this. A great tool but I feel the instructions on creating the desired camera tracking is only great if you only want to track one car rather than several. Can someone please help me. Thanks.

And also, awesome tool. Why does free mouse look set itself to 300m?? So for instance, if I'm tracking a car with autofocus enabled, if I then press ALT key to go into free mouselook the camera defaults itself to 300m. Obviously unless the target is 300m away everything is blurry.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why when I add my 6 or 7th new camera position for trackside, when trying to add different camera tracking and FOV keyframe to that 6 or 7th camera position, the FOV slider does not work after the 1st keyfame??

Does anyone know why when I add my 6 or 7th new camera position for trackside, when trying to add different camera tracking and FOV keyframe to that 6 or 7th camera position, the FOV slider does not work after the 1st keyfame??
I do not have the answer but I would like to mention I also stumbled upon this issue, after I added some set of cameras and key frames, Camtool doesn't take into account FOV settings when there are several key frames for a camera, it just uses FOV from 1st key frame and uses it for all others for the same camera. I can't figure out yet if there is any kind of pattern for this behavior.
Any ideas and hints are welcome.

It looks like tool has unpredictable problems with keyframes. At one moment I can manage/edit multiple keyframes for one camera and at later moment it works like there is single keyframe for that camera.
People mention reinstalling tool although it doesn't seem why it would make a difference.
Any experiences with reinstallation fixing any problem with tool?

For some reason I can't manually focus on a point like I used to by holding CTRL and LMB clicking on a location. Autofocus is turned off but it's still not working, it wont manually allow me to focus to get that close up FOV and DOF in the background. Only way I can do it now is to track my car and chose the Autofocus which is a bit blurry to be honest. Any ideas?

Last edited:
For some reason I can't manually focus on a point like I used to by holding CTRL and LMB clicking on a location. Autofocus is turned off but it's still not working, it wont manually allow me to focus to get that close up FOV and DOF in the background. Only way I can do it now is to track my car and chose the Autofocus which is a bit blurry to be honest. Any ideas?
Save your camera session, if you want to keep it.
Then start new session and see how it behaves then.

So far, I think I found sort of bug in the tool.
When I build my camera scenario, add more cameras with multiple keyframes, because it matters, at some point, for a new camera with multiple keyframes, tool just ignores keyframes after the 1st one for the camera.
I have no other solution but to save my session and create new one from that location on track to be able to cover whole track.
From programming point of view, it seems that tool is not properly reading data for a camera and its keyframes, looks like same-camera keyframe parameters are just inherited from 1st one and this is it.

You can read my conclusions for this issue.
Make several sessions to cover whole event.
P.S. For Nordschleife it is very frustrating.

Last edited:
It's the way it is.
Anyone is welcome to join to make it better.
The problem is that we are on our own.
Unless you know people familar with managing cameras and stuff in apps.

This app truly deserves a proper update. Most important app and already so so good if you learn to live with the bugs. Would pay money for update, great app 5/5 I use it in every stream and video, could not do many things without it. Wish I knew someone to continue development

Last edited:
This app truly deserves a proper update. Most important app and already so so good if you learn to live with the bugs. Would pay money for update, great app 5/5 I use it in every stream and video, could not do many things without it. Wish I knew someone to continue development
I have made available the source code on github with the authorization of the author
Now, no excuse, the community can also contribute and help to fix and add more feature to this great app. I have already done some work (see my mod), but other people can help. Mister D is also trying to help, but it's a difficult task, the more we are to work on it, the better it is. You can reach us on Discord or propose pull request on Github if you want. Every one is welcome to help.

Any reason why I wouldn't be able to get this app to show up in my CM app list to enable it? Do I need to turn on developer mode or something like that. I have tried manually installing it and also placing it in the MOD folder and enabling it from there. Neither way gets it to show in the app list. Thanks for any suggestions...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 124 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 50 34.5%