Build 2 of Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated! Build 2 brings with it a new car, track, VR and plenty of improvements too...

Pretty much every sim racing fan who lives in a world of internet connection and passing interest in our hobby will be aware that Assetto Corsa Competizione is a thing, and by the same token I'm sure they probably know that today is patch day. With that in mind, and following an unbelievably strange day that kept me from the laptop (and the ACC update) until almost midnight, let's have a look at the update notes and see what's new.

Oh, and sorry for the late posting... :)

ACC Screenshot 0.2  (11).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (13).png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 2 Build Notes:
  • Fixed “No VR no buy”
  • New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
  • New Misano Circuit
  • Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
  • Setup UI and logic changes to accomodate a big number of damper clicks
  • Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
  • Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
  • Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
  • Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
  • Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
  • Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
  • Fine tuning on preset setups
  • Setup name now shown on top screen title
  • Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed.
  • UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
  • Setup protection against out of limits values
  • Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
  • Setup navigation fixes
  • Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
  • Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
  • FFB option screen new sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
  • controls.json extra FFB values. minDamper, damperGain
  • Stability control is now using different logic
  • Reworked driver steering animation
  • Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Added driver assets for the teams featured
  • Adjusted water spray effects in the night
  • Nurburgring fixes and improvements
  • Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
  • Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
  • Added sharpness option to video settings
  • Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
  • Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
  • Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
  • Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
  • Track selection page navigation fixes
  • Fixed bug when loading the last gamemode settings
  • Added auto engine start
  • Added auto pitlimiter
  • Fixed Pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
  • Added multiple starting lights logic
  • Added pitstop logic (basic) for humam and AI
  • Added Sprint race weekend system
  • Practice and Qualify Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
  • Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can’t be set as advanced
  • Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
  • Fixed wrong weather key on json
  • Fixed weather selection on UI not reset after a special event
  • Added New camera sequence for Full formation lap
  • Tweaked Marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
  • Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flag)
  • Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
  • Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
  • Added base version of end session highlights
  • Fixed music still on after cliking drive or restarting
  • Audio engine optimizations
  • Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
  • Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
  • Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound on dry and wet conditions
  • Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
  • Fixed pit alarm sound for Nürburgring
  • Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
  • Fixed announcer voice stops after some minutes
  • Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
  • Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
  • Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
  • Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
  • Slow Motion now affects the entire world
  • Fixed slow motion pause state for replay hud
  • Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (14).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (17a.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the new build? Happy with the latest ACC update? Does VR work well for you? What do you most like from the new change log? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Very grateful to have VR so early in the Early Access. Also glad I entered EA in first release it left the chance to map my wheel button before today which has been handy since mapped button on wheel is the only way to navigate the UI in VR. :D
The VR has some minor glitch but basically works very well, smooth on my combo.
Physic and FFB are stellar, sound is amazing, now with VR it makes driving in ACC a very enjoyable experience and bode very well to the future of this SIM.

Just did some laps. Man... VR needs a lot of improvement. A lot. I really cant compare it to iRacing. Yes, I know, theres a lot of work to come but I just hope they pay special atention to this.

The good thing is, dude, the load screen is very fast and I works very well here with all maximum settings + VR. And the rain is very good. Actually, VR is better in heavy rain, this is curious.

I buyed this game to play only in VR. Im am in doubt if it will becomes the iRacing replacement (talking about graphics and polishment in VR). Theres a long long road to ACC becomes the simracing vr pattern and I am not sure if Kunos will put the amount of work necessary in it.

Finally got to try 0.2 release and loving it so far. Had no complaints about FFB on 0.1 but the damper and road effects sliders did improve it even more.
Thankfully I'm on a single screen so don't have to deal with the VR issues some people are having and the game is still running well on my PC.
All i can say is I can't wait for full release to begin my Career :)

For some reason my position in VR is way to high, it's kind of strange to navigate the menu looking down to your feet :).

At least in the car recentering with shift-space works fine and I was kind of surprised beeing able to drive at least with one car on the track quite well, athough I'm currently only running a measly 980m.

After turning down graphic options to pretty much basic options framerate at least was acceptable, although I get heavy reprojection in tight corners with fast direction changes.

And I like the FFB changes, especially after turning on the road effects.

Oh, and my input lag is almost gone. I still don't know what caused that, on the rig of a friend who has the same wheel, same firmware, same driver it was perfect for him and not so good for me. But now I'm happy beeing able to hit the curbs and really control the response of the car, I'm really looking forward enjoying the game with a better pc.

Basically I'm quite happy with the progress, even though it's clearly not a finished state, navigating the menus with the wheel button is not the easy for example as I hoped.

• Deleted member 205301

...strange thing is to have different FOV on different car (use single 27' screen, so, for me it's 32fov on the bentley, as in AC1, and still 40 in the lambo...) A bit sad that the last "bumper" (don't know the word in english) in Nurburgring is not fixed (a lot of rattling, too much i'd say)
...but it's a good improvement (I think the first release disapointed some of us)...now need to re-work properly A.I, wich is braking like in AC1 (this horrible braking in 2 times...)
@++

FFB still needs work, sadly - if they'd port the LUT support in from AC it'd probably be perfect ( I did suggest on the official forums a while back just to have it there ) but I still have a floaty deadzone.

However - wow, the tyres are so much nicer on the edge now, no snap breakaway. Misano is not a track I enjoy but I ended up doing 25 laps or so in the Bentley anyway because it was really rewarding, even with things still needing fixing ( incidentally I notice the Nurburgring got new kerbs, and I can ride the chicane in the Bentley without being launched onto the Nordschleife... ). Boy that Bentley really deserves it's Boatley nickname though, brakes are awful :p

The cockpit sound in the Bentley down the Nurburgring main straight, oh my.

For me FFB is spot on.
The Bentley is so much more fun to drive, you can control mid corner thanks his torque, even if the drift a little it’s still manageable.
And misanon, at first I was like, uh I don’t know this track, where’s the visual reference?
Bentley and Misano a great combo.

...strange thing is to have different FOV on different car (use single 27' screen, so, for me it's 32fov on the bentley, as in AC1, and still 40 in the lambo...)
Yes, absolutely agree, having inconsistent cockpit views in different cars is kind of annoying (a small pet peeve of mine...lol)...as this happens in most others Sims also I have noticed.
But never the less I am still enjoying the ACC experience so far.

And it run well on mys old 970GTX i5 4690k, 16 gneu ram, SSD just motion blur off (I don’t like it), shadow low and almost everything else at epic / high
It’s run at 70+ FPS solo, to 45 mini in wet race.

Implementation of gamepad-configuration, even as a wheel, is completely unusable. I would prefer to have the core basics like controls implemented instead of having the VR stuff.

Happy chappy here. No problems at all (phew). Love the new release. Although Bentley may not be my favorite car, I am happy to have it.

Also, a BIG thank you to Kunos - Rumble/Vibration on my XBox One Controller now works.....Yay!!:thumbsup::D

Last edited:
Impressive VR implementation, for the first go it's rather nice and smooth (at least on my build)
It gets a little stuttery when having all the settings on epic, it still looks decent in high, some even in mid.
Bit blurry, but there seems to be an ue-engine command to counter that, have to find out more about that.

The button mapping did not work (TM TS-PC Sparco Racer Wheel) - fortunately had most the buttons mapped before (was not able to change anything in the mapping settings...)
Second annoyance I had, could not drive a 30 min race to the finish, it fataled errored two times short of reaching the 30min mark, but I'm sure this gets sorted.

Starting a 30min quick race at 7 in morning will give you a nice sunrise, with some clouds and a fire red comet rising up over the last corner, looks very nice!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back