Build 2 of Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated! Build 2 brings with it a new car, track, VR and plenty of improvements too...

Pretty much every sim racing fan who lives in a world of internet connection and passing interest in our hobby will be aware that Assetto Corsa Competizione is a thing, and by the same token I'm sure they probably know that today is patch day. With that in mind, and following an unbelievably strange day that kept me from the laptop (and the ACC update) until almost midnight, let's have a look at the update notes and see what's new.

Oh, and sorry for the late posting... :)

ACC Screenshot 0.2  (11).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (13).png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 2 Build Notes:
  • Fixed “No VR no buy”
  • New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
  • New Misano Circuit
  • Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
  • Setup UI and logic changes to accomodate a big number of damper clicks
  • Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
  • Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
  • Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
  • Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
  • Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
  • Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
  • Fine tuning on preset setups
  • Setup name now shown on top screen title
  • Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed.
  • UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
  • Setup protection against out of limits values
  • Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
  • Setup navigation fixes
  • Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
  • Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
  • FFB option screen new sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
  • controls.json extra FFB values. minDamper, damperGain
  • Stability control is now using different logic
  • Reworked driver steering animation
  • Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Added driver assets for the teams featured
  • Adjusted water spray effects in the night
  • Nurburgring fixes and improvements
  • Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
  • Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
  • Added sharpness option to video settings
  • Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
  • Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
  • Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
  • Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
  • Track selection page navigation fixes
  • Fixed bug when loading the last gamemode settings
  • Added auto engine start
  • Added auto pitlimiter
  • Fixed Pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
  • Added multiple starting lights logic
  • Added pitstop logic (basic) for humam and AI
  • Added Sprint race weekend system
  • Practice and Qualify Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
  • Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can’t be set as advanced
  • Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
  • Fixed wrong weather key on json
  • Fixed weather selection on UI not reset after a special event
  • Added New camera sequence for Full formation lap
  • Tweaked Marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
  • Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flag)
  • Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
  • Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
  • Added base version of end session highlights
  • Fixed music still on after cliking drive or restarting
  • Audio engine optimizations
  • Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
  • Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
  • Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound on dry and wet conditions
  • Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
  • Fixed pit alarm sound for Nürburgring
  • Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
  • Fixed announcer voice stops after some minutes
  • Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
  • Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
  • Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
  • Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
  • Slow Motion now affects the entire world
  • Fixed slow motion pause state for replay hud
  • Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (14).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (17a.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the new build? Happy with the latest ACC update? Does VR work well for you? What do you most like from the new change log? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I tried Botteneck site. You might (or not) be interested in this result:
Graphic card and processor will work great together
Core i7-3770 (Clock speed at 100%) with GeForce GTX 1060 5GB (Clock speed at 100%) x1 will produce only 0.07% of bottleneck.

My combination is Core i5_6500 with GeForce GTX 1060 6B = 8.44% (but its under 10% so I received a pass mark).

I am not suggesting you downgrade to GTX 1060 6B but I found it interesting. Good news that it runs perfectly well in ACC.
Most people have their gpu and cpu overclocked have you check in advanced tab to change the settings if you have an overclock

Well, as I said, the game runs perfectly on my rig and with the second release things only got better.
R5 1600X/1060/16GB and 2560x1080 - I tried everything on epic, and with 20 opponents on field fps counter never goes under 50. I get 50-60 fps.
The FFB was good for me but it got better either.
Now about the content:
1. For me the Bentley is a BIG love. :) I love it. The sound, the handling, everything is fantastic.
2. Misano is beautiful. The track has great atmosphere.
Tricky corners I am to learn yet but it has good rythm.

And finally a rather interesting experience I had.
Weekend sprint race on Nurburgring with the new beauty, the Continental GT3, full grid in a small rain.
In the third or fourth lap I lost power and the engine stopped, when someone runs out of fuel. I knew it couldn't be the case and after 2-3 s power came back, and the engine started spontainously.
No, I did not hit any button by mistake. It was interesting.

To make the story short, I really love this game. :)

Last edited:
But now the OSD in race is messed up, with messages appearing incorrectly in the right eye and moving around with me, quite unpleasant.

Same here. Makes it unplayable on Oculus with the image following in the upper right corner of my left eye. I wish I could disable that graphic. Hopefully there is a fix.

Maybe cause of less shadows in heavy rain as compared to sunny. I had a horrible VR experience, 1060 6gb and was getting under 45 :(

Sorry to hear man... I am playing in Geforce 1080 here, its ok. My main concern about VR is when kunos talked about VR they said "well, its something already build in Unreal Engine. We are not doing things specifically to that". I dont know if they will spend some work polishing VR and, if they dont, it will not becomes much better. Graphics are blurry. The way it is now, its years from iRacing VR.

Sorry to hear man... I am playing in Geforce 1080 here, its ok. My main concern about VR is when kunos talked about VR they said "well, its something already build in Unreal Engine. We are not doing things specifically to that". I dont know if they will spend some work polishing VR and, if they dont, it will not becomes much better. Graphics are blurry. The way it is now, its years from iRacing VR.
If you're using Temporal AA, try switching over to FXAA, or no AA but increased resolution scale. TXAA is usually the #1 reason for blur and artifacts.

I am enjoying quite well ACC.
Not having a top hardware, I'm able to run it without big issues, even with 20 cars in rain at Misano.
FPS between 40 and 60.
However, can someone explain me why on my pace info, I only have TR 56? I do not have PC, CC and CN values. Did I miss something? :O_o:

Guys, please, anyone can tell the differences between Rf2 and this one in terms of pure simulation?
I heart sim racers calling "Falseto corsa" the AC in terms of realism and FFB and I wonder what's better in ACC.

I thought the Bentley behaves well, too well that it doesn't trip off and catch you off guard and crash. Well because it drives like a tank. I'm 3 seconds faster in the Huracan both at Misano and Nurburgring. But there maybe issues with me never driving a right hand drive vehicle ever even in sims so It could also be me. I find it a turn off, I mean driving on the right side. It's for passengers. I read a lot of rants on Steam and the official forums. I agree both sides, there are bugs and it's EA, so cancelling my rant and staying quiet. Better GPU utilization this build and getting better FPS but steering wheel is still lagging a bit VS AC1, which is stellar and still the best to date. Hoping for better build next time when they raise the price and hopefully the bar on quality. So far It's just worth as the price that I payed for it, so no rants. It's a break even.

Guys, please, anyone can tell the differences between Rf2 and this one in terms of pure simulation?
I heart sim racers calling "Falseto corsa" the AC in terms of realism and FFB and I wonder what's better in ACC.
rF2 is said to be the best consumer racing simulation software overall. However, I think in ACC they will be able to replicate this certain set of cars (GT3s) better, since they only have to focus on them. If you also seek a more true-to-life experience with the cars themselves, ACC seeks to reproduce every detail of the cars. To give an example ,the dashboard (DDU, MoteC, however we call it) is the same as in the real car, with all the pages and overlays, while rF2 can't even get the right fonts, which is a big deal for me personally. Feel free to download the rF2 demo though, so you can experience it from a driving perspective. I think they have the McLaren MP4/8 in the demo, it's a truly excellent car to drive in rF2. (Ummm, Forza Ferrari).

It wasn't simracers calling AC "Falseto Corsa", it was elitists calling it that. Elitists who cannot comprehend every sim is just an approximation of the real thing. Elitists who cannot accept the preferences of others, and have the urge to bash what they don't like instead of moving on. Don't listen to them.

Every developer has their set of priorities that they consider the most important and work on them the best they can. Every sim has aspects where they shine, and aspects where they don't deliver. 1:1 simulation is VERY far away, if ever possible.

Is it any good?

At least with VR it seems the results are mixed, some have good results and some have bad. On my Rift CV1 it worked pretty well and I had no real complaints, there is room for improvement in the VR department but I presume those will come and for now it's very serviceable on my system. FFB felt pretty nice to me too, not exactly like AC but familiar. I'd not really played the game before yesterday so I can't say if anything has improved or not but from what I experienced last night I'm pleased and looking forward to the full game.

Last edited:

You're opening a can of worms if we start comparing with other sims :roflmao: but since rF2 is my main (and lately only) sim, i'll give it a go.
Short reply, in terms of pure simulation I think they're very similar and if you like rF2, you'll like ACC.

I've driven the Bentley in rF2 and drove the Bentley yesterday in ACC and both felt very similar and how you'd expect them to. FFB is somewhat different and still like rF2's tyre model better but in both sims you can understand what the car is doing at all times, feel weight transfer, braking, etc...and control it.

I don't wanna go into more specifics :laugh: but imo ACC feels more like rF2 than AC, which to me is a good thing

ACC is 12.7 % more pure simulation when it comes to the way the raindrops reflect the light, especially around sunset, while rF2 is 16.32 % more pure simulation when it comes to the effect the sweat on the drivers brow has on car handling.

You're opening a can of worms if we start comparing with other sims :roflmao: but since rF2 is my main (and lately only) sim, i'll give it a go.
Short reply, in terms of pure simulation I think they're very similar and if you like rF2, you'll like ACC.

I've driven the Bentley in rF2 and drove the Bentley yesterday in ACC and both felt very similar and how you'd expect them to. FFB is somewhat different and still like rF2's tyre model better but in both sims you can understand what the car is doing at all times, feel weight transfer, braking, etc...and control it.

I don't wanna go into more specifics :laugh: but imo ACC feels more like rF2 than AC, which to me is a good thing
I couldn't disagree more bud. I don't see how this feels anything like RF2. This is somewhere between AC and nowhere right now.

Disappointing build. Runs even slower now.
Car and track are boring.

Graphics remain the same, but great graphics never sold an average sim.

Optimisation has to be the next priority or they are seriously limiting their potential sales.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back