Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

In all seriousness yes i just did :) screenshot on activity feed

ps watching this replay back i did cut alot on the final chicane but the lap wasn't invalidated. what rules are we taking with that one, i know online there is a point where it does count as a cut and gives you a 5 sec engine stoppage

Railer? Kind of depends on the replays. Can't be caught if you don't record it, but you can take quite a big cut. normally spaces like that are for runoff (i.e. safety) as long as you don't pass other cars. But I would think repeated and egregious cutting or gaining a place while cutting would get a penalty, at least IRL.

Just a few of quick questions that I’ve been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting.

1) Tyre’s on exit from pits. Does anyone know why sometimes I exit the pits and I have cold tyres (blue indicators at the bottom left of the screen) and yet other times.. most often actually, the tyre indicators are green so I assume this means they are already at a decent temperature.

2) Track records. When in the Free Practice screen the bottom right panel shows the current track record and also supposedly your own record at that track. Am I correct in assuming that this is taken from the Time Trial Leaderboard?

3) Engine and oil temps. What are the optimum temps for these and at what point are you in danger of causing damage? I don’t seem to be having any issues so far but as I start tinkering I would like to have some idea here of the ranges.

1. I think this depends on the series. For instance, Formula Rookie cars don't have tire warmers, but F1 cars do. Tires that are green are still a little cold but not much. Blue tires are very dangerous. Another thing I like about IndyCar.

2. Yes.

3. I try to stay in the 90-100 range. 120 is pushing it and 140 is a blown engine.

1. I think this depends on the series. For instance, Formula Rookie cars don't have tire warmers, but F1 cars do. Tires that are green are still a little cold but not much. Blue tires are very dangerous. Another thing I like about IndyCar.

2. Yes.

3. I try to stay in the 90-100 range. 120 is pushing it and 140 is a blown engine.
Cheers Robert, regarding the tyres this is happening with the GT3 cars we are driving... Sometimes blue on exiting the pits, sometimes green.

I thought you said "yep" to practice. If that's the case, it makes sense. Are you coming out on blue in qualy or race?
Sorry, i didn't make that clear... Sometimes they are blue, sometimes green. Surely you should come out of the pits with fresh tyres at the same temperature each time, slight variance depending on time of day I guess. I'm finding sometimes they are green and sometimes blue. I thought they should always be cold (blue) coming out of the garage.

Sorry, i didn't make that clear... Sometimes they are blue, sometimes green. Surely you should come out of the pits with fresh tyres at the same temperature each time, slight variance depending on time of day I guess. I'm finding sometimes they are green and sometimes blue. I thought they should always be cold (blue) coming out of the garage.

Not if the series has tire warmers. British GT apparently does. NASCAR does not. But some of the discrepancy is because of the whacked out pitting pressures that you basically have to guess at. I've come out with the wrong strategy and been at 210 immediately. But I assume you are talking about exiting your stall. In that case, something is definitely not right if blue tires happen intermittently during the race and qualifying. I have not seen that, so afraid I'm not much help. But nothing surprises me with this game and bugs. The next patch is massive...and the XBO specific stuff is now published.

If I can make it I'll be in the #14. No Guarantees...its the 4th of July..
...also I haven't run any faster than a 1:21 there so I think thats pretty slow.

Would be great to have you and Boothy. I think 1:21 is respectable if you are talking full fuel. In any case, it will be the offs that usually decide this. It's such a deceptively fast track. I've grown to absolutely love it. It's my European Road Atlanta.

My views is that it is a chicane and therefore don't cut. Yes it means slower entry into the chicane. I know someone will destroy the bollards by lap 2 but would be nice to see them standing after the race. Unfortunately it doesn't penalize you when you cut the corner unless your car is over car length wide.

Reactions: Rob
Unfortunately it can't be enforced until the next patch when they "address some of the track limitations" When I was qualifying for my GT4 race at Zolder we were supposed to keep 2 tires on the track, Before I even got out of the garage the bollards were all gone, LoL. And those Chicanes are brutal. I slow down quite a bit to make the one at Nurburg, and there are consiquinces if you cut it too much or hit it just wrong trying to push the limits. I'm taking it safe even if it means I am not a threat for the pole. I'll be running this race fairly conservative.

Reactions: Rob
Corner cutting seems to be something they all struggle with unfortunately. It's been a problem at certain tracks in the F1 games from the start and the same chicanes at Montreal, Monza, etc. have never been improved in that respect. I would be surprised if SMS manage to fix it but live in hope :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back