ACC British GT Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Yea I'm joking, high chance it'll be me being lapped... I tried a night drive the other day as a test and I've lost a couple of seconds on my lap times and I don't have much time to lose:roflmao:
I meant it in the same way, I’ll probably ended been lapped as well… I just want to test the flash button on my wheel

A few little tips for anyone new to day - night - day races.

The temperature will plummet during the night phase. I'd imagine start track temps around 18 degrees C but will go down as low as 13. Your pressures towards the end of the first stint will be low and you'll need to be careful.

Bump up the TC setting if you start to suffer with the tyres.

Don't fall in to the trap of raising your tyre pressure too much in the pit stop - remember the track will warm up again come daylight.

Oh and obviously make sure you have the lights mapped to a button :D

First of all i have to apologize to @Tim Snikkenburg for hitting him from behind. My fault, i'm really sorry...

Congrats to the winner @SwannyUK and the podium.
Thanks also for organizing, very nice event!!!

For me a lala race. A bad first stint, no rhythm and fell for the car, the stupid contact to Tom and just mäh driving.
The second half was better, better feel and more consisten driving. Hopefully something to build from

Great race all!

Had a fantastic battle with Andrew. We were team mates in the Aston for the ACCSS 24 hours of Spa so we know the car and track combo really well which made for a great race!

I couldn't find any sniff of an overtake during the first stint but got lucky with a good pit stop which gave me the lead. I had to push like mad to keep the lead but try to keep the tyres from cooking themselves too much at the end.

Thanks for coming, the day-night-day was good fun.

Car #12 collides with car #41, last lap of the race at bus stop chicane for an incident review if anyone wants. I'm faster having to back off through blanchimont, but gain again approaching bus stop. He forces me wide, fair and defensive racing. I make sure to leave space as we both enter the chicane, I'm a little wide but can get back on and make the corner if they leave me space. I'm along side enough that I feel they should have left me space, instead they closed my line off resulting in a collision and they retained their position that they would have otherwise lost. The sausage curb also threw me towards them which certainly didn't help. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Good, enjoyable, race overall :)

Car #12 collides with car #41, last lap of the race at bus stop chicane for an incident review if anyone wants. I'm faster having to back off through blanchimont, but gain again approaching bus stop. He forces me wide, fair and defensive racing. I make sure to leave space as we both enter the chicane, I'm a little wide but can get back on and make the corner if they leave me space. I'm along side enough that I feel they should have left me space, instead they closed my line off resulting in a collision and they retained their position that they would have otherwise lost. The sausage curb also threw me towards them which certainly didn't help. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Good, enjoyable, race overall :)

Did you go off the track? If you did, then there is no onus on the other car to give you space when coming back. In fact, it sounds like an unsafe rejoin if you did leave then came back on and hit the other car. I'd need to see replay though.

Can't see it on the replay as mine ends before that too so can't really say either way unfortunately.

Oh, thank you Andre for giving me space on the first lap when I went around the outside of you. I looked at the replay and I should have left more room on the inside for you. Luckily no contact as you kept the tight line.

Last edited:
Did you go off the track? If you did, then there is no onus on the other car to give you space when coming back. In fact, it sounds like an unsafe rejoin if you did leave then came back on and hit the other car. I'd need to see replay though.
Thanks for the input, that's great to know. Looking at the replay, all four of my wheels do go over the white line for a brief moment but never leave the rumble strip. I think I'd have to argue that this would actually be an unsafe rejoin on my behalf. Lesson learned, and apologies to #12 for potentially causing them a loss of position.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed today's race. Finally got some nice results with a bit of luck after pulling the short straw the last 4 races. But on serious note, I would never achieve P3 on pace alone.

Overall it was by far the calmest race so far this season, made quite a few smallish mistakes on the track but I think my consistency over 60 minutes is improving slowly. Couple of months ago I struggled to keep focus over the whole 20 minutes. What particularly stood out for me were the 15 minutes before the pit stop in the middle of the night, where I really got in the flow. The car felt planted and magnificently balanced in the chillier enviroment (pressures just above 27 psi). Not even trying hard but the lap times were still a tenth or two off of my PB tonight. Coupled with the night environment it just felt kinda relaxing and mesmerizing. Night driving really suits Spa!

I won't be attending the race at Brands due to traveling. See ya in Donington again!

Not sure how I managed 4th as David Baez was all over me at the start and I just can't take the chicane correctly that leads up to the finish line.

I think I lose around half a second trying to get around it, my McLaren at that point feels like a bus! Any pointers are appreciated :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was a tricky race that. With the fast time transition and therefore big variation of temps, the track was changing lap by lap. I got caught out a few times by missed braking zones with random lack of grip at times, then some horrible understeer moments.

I was sitting on 3 track warnings with 10 to go, was sure a DT was heading my way which is just torture at Spa.

Congratulations again to Chris, nailed his pitstop, got the jump on me and didn’t look back!

Last edited:
Not sure how I managed 4th as David Baez was all over me at the start and I just can't take the chicane correctly that leads up to the finish line.

I think I lose around half a second trying to get around it, my McLaren at that point feels like a bus! Any pointers are appreciated :thumbsup:

Absolutely terrible illustration (on my phone, give me a break!) but try and stay as far left as possible on approach, late turn in and apex, then keep the car as far right to straighten up the next turn and get a better drive of the corner onto the straight.

EDIT: My ‘drawing’ looks like you miss the apex on exit, you don’t, still aim for it!
52413599-8959-4ED0-933E-1E2764627398.jpeg

Last edited:
Cheers Seb, I think for the whole hour I was breaking and turning in too early then :whistling:. My car was too far left for the second corner and applying power meant I was sliding outwards... Annoyingly.

Although my lines probably aren't great for the rest of the track that chicane always felt my worse :thumbsdown: lol

Last edited:

Great Race mate! I only managed to get close within 2.3s the whole race. To be honest I was waiting for a mistake on your side, sadly for me it never arrived.... ;) Even with full beam lights on your rear mirror. I must say that the McLaren had great speed. Looking forward to Brands Hatch on Thursday!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back