ACC British GT Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
accCLUBBGT copy.jpg

Join us from 27/01/2022 for the challenge of racing the full 2022 British GT Calendar!

Unlike our rookie series, this series is aimed at anyone wanting that next level of challenge.
  • Follows the 2022 track calendar
  • GT3 only
  • Points on offer from 1st - 10th
  • 1 hour races with mandatory pit stop for tyre change
  • Top 3 each race get success ballast applied for the next race
    P1 = 70kg / P2 = 50kg / P3 = 30kg
  • Entries limited to 35 to ensure sensible grid sizes - grab your spot now!

Rules and event info

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Assetto Corsa Competizione voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and synchronize your premium account.

Timetable
  1. 27/01/2022 - Oulton Park
  2. 03/02/2022 - Silverstone
  3. 10/02/2022 - Donington Park
  4. 17/02/2022 - Snetterton
  5. 24/02/2022 - Spa
  6. 03/03/2022 - Brands Hatch
  7. 10/03/2022 - Donington Park
Practice: 20:00 UTC / 21:00 CET (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC / 21:15 CET (15 minutes)
Race: 20:30 UTC / 21:30 CET (60 minutes)

We use the SGP site to manage sign ups and show server information.

Click on the day you want above, select a car then enter the sign up password rdclub

Alternatively check out the series homepage HERE then select the event tab.

Any questions just PM me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Virtual Driver's Briefing

Joining the server
After you have registered for the event you don't need to do anything until the server goes live.
At around 20:02 on the day of the event the server will be visible in the ACC multiplayer lobby browser. If it isn't just keep refreshing and trying.

You can find the server a few different ways.
  • use the copy button at the end of the server name on SGP then paste in to the ACC server browser
  • search for RaceDepartment
  • search the # code at the end of the server name
1.JPG

If the server doesn't show just check you have the filter set to "All" at the top and not something like GT4.

The password to join is listed on the SGP event page under "server password". Click the Eye icon to show it (circled in the screenshot below)
Capture.JPG

If you can't make the event please remember to cancel your registration on SGP

Rules and etiquette
Please ensure you are familiar with the club rules here

Quick recap of the big rules (but please read the main club rules above)
  • Please don't use the in game chat during qualifying or the race. Wait for everyone to finish the race before chatting.
  • If you knock someone off, pull over somewhere safe and let them back in front. If this rule is ignored you won't be able to race with us for 30 days
  • No streaming or making public recordings of the event
Pit Stops
  • 10 Minute pit stop window half way in to the race
  • Mandatory tyre change - If you don't change tyres the pit stop won't be valid
  • Refuelling is allowed
Weather
Weather for each event can differ so it's best to check what the forecast is. Visit the event page on SGP and click the event configuration tab then scroll down to weather. With ACC this is just a rough idea what the weather will be doing, it usually differs a little.
CaptureW.JPG

A bit about me
I'm a volunteer and run the ACC club by myself. I will be admin on the server but don't forget I'm on there to race too. I'll be trying to keep an eye on driving standards during Practice and Quali but in the race I'll be concentrating on my own race.
If you have contact and feel it was malicious please follow the guide here on how to deal with it.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday :thumbsup:

Chris, it says 600 seconds pit window. So 10 min. Will we know before the race when? And will there be a full warm-up lap? Maybe I am missing it somewhere?

Yep, 10min pit stop window in the middle of the race (see the Pit Stops section in the driver briefing above)

The game will tell you when the pit window is live.

Short formation which starts before the last corner, not a full warm up.

Last edited:
I wont be on voice discord tonight chaps but you can still get me via PM during practice if needed either on here or discord.

I really enjoyed this one. One of my favourite tracks. First 30min were going very well. No mistakes for 19 laps (first ever since I got into sim racing a couple of months ago). I was at a lonely 4th but when starting preparing for pits I crashed big time. Lost 40 seconds incl repair. Then another big chase for Baez but when I reached him I spun in the chicane.

2 mistakes., still very happy. Looking forward to driving the Ginetta on this track.

Last edited:
My apologies to @Barnabas for the tap during the lapping in the last couple of laps, hope it didn't cause too much damage.

PS: please don't destroy the breaking point marks, it took me 15 minutes to figure it out a new mark for the last corner :D

PS: please don't destroy the breaking point marks, it took me 15 minutes to figure it out a new mark for the last corner :D
Haha can't agree more, when I noticed the 50m board destroyed heading down to turn 10 at Hislops (I think) I don't think I could push the brake in any harder in panic, made the corner though... Just:D

Avoided the issues at the first corner which would have been a mare for those involved.

Overall, pretty happy I just have to work on my lines more to get the time down I guess. Some of you guys are flying machines lol

Last edited:
Quite a lot going on in that one!

First off, Oulton Park - Great to drive...terrible to race on.
It's tight, bumpy, the kerbs like to kill tyres and it takes all your effort just to stay on the track. Add all that together then try and race with people at the same time and it's going to bring problems.

I made a couple of mistakes in combat myself and will apologise to the other driver.

I watched the replay and saw people going off on the last corner on the formation run, how did that even happen? The pile up out of the first corner looked to be a mistake that shot a driver back in front of the pack - it happens, in fact it happens A LOT at Oulton in real life so just one of those things

I've had numerous complaints about one thing - PLEASE REJOIN THE TRACK SAFELY. I've seen some really bad re-joins so we need to get this sorted please.

This was my first organized/club/league race since 2014 and I'm thrilled! Thank you guys! Now I really remember why I love this. I sold my old G27 in 2015 and bought a G29 only a few months ago. Was practicing alone and racing on public servers to get back to speed, but racing with RD is another level fun.

About the race: First of all, at the start there was some contact with other cars as we were 3-wide on T1 and I apologise if I did something wrong. I don't know If ACC automatically saves replay automatically (I'm from Race07 era), so if anyone could share the replay so I can rewatch it, I appreciate.

At the first 15 minutes, I was following Sebastian and Dahlgren closely, even being a bit quicker for a few moments, but could not overtake. Really hard to overtake on this track when cars have similar pace. I tried to follow wating for a mistake, but they were very consistent. Dahlgren's only mistake I saw was 4 minutes for the end, and I was not so close (around 3.5s behind) so I could not take advantage of it. Anyway, it was a great race-long chase and I congratulate them of the great driving. Hope I can beat them next week =)

Congrats to all those who survived and especially to the first 3 who where on a league of their own.

See you next week!

I've had numerous complaints about one thing - PLEASE REJOIN THE TRACK SAFELY. I've seen some really bad re-joins so we need to get this sorted please.
like the one that nearly took me and you out on lap 20 just after t1?! :O_o:

it was good fun overall but a difficult race for me (Ferrari's dont like bumps and curbs so oulton is always a battle), i got caught up in the mess at t1 on first lap and picked up a bit of aero damage (12 secs) which left me a bit understeery for the first half of the race, managed to claw my way up to 17th from last at that point so was happy with that until i had a big crash with about 15 minutes left, so another 1:28 in the pits to repair put me down in 22nd.

Maybe I can't join tonight's Ginetta cup.. Just turned on my pc and no game recognizes my wheel.
Fanatec control panel does recognize it. No idea how I am going to solve it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back