BMW M8 GTE Coming to iRacing This March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing BMW M8 GTE 3.jpg

iRacing have released images of the upcoming new BMW M8 GTE that is set to hit the sim very soon indeed..

Expected as part of the major March build release update, the wonderfully purposeful looking BMW M8 GTE is set to become yet another welcome edition to the endurance racing car set within the online racing simulation that is iRacing.

Joining such brands as Ford, Porsche and Ferrari in the GTE ranks of the simulation, the new and admittedly beautiful M8 is a nice change of pace from the more recent content additions to the title, and continues to expand a very nicely growing collection of GTE and GT3 machines within the simulation.

So while we await the March update, why not check these beauties out...

iRacing BMW M8 GTE 1.jpg
iRacing BMW M8 GTE 2.jpg

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

For those who keep saying iracing is such wreckfest, could you please tell me where you find cleaner competitive public online races out of the box?

I would be very interested to test those as so far SRS has been just casual sunday drivers, Raceroom total mess and so on... Have I just been unlucky or impatient with those or is there some hidden gem I have missed out?

No you're assuming I'm assuming the amount of cars is what cause the bugs. I don't know what the problem is and don't need to know either. It happened and ruined all the time spent practicing for these events. That pushed my team and i to iR because it's one less thing to worry about.
Read your own post again, you made the link between the 2. I didn't assume anything, you made it very clear. Maybe a language barrier since I'm not a native english speaker but the way you wrote make it look like for you both are connected.

Read your own post again, you made the link between the 2. I didn't assume anything, you made it very clear. Maybe a language barrier since I'm not a native english speaker but the way you wrote make it look like for you both are connected.

I'll take less cars and 100% stable any day of the week.

When i used this line i'm not inferring that it's 100% stable because its uses less cars, i'm prioritising stability in spite of only being able to use less cars.

So as an example if another sim came out that only allowed 5 while iRacing is now allowing 7 but the online stability was even better i would consider switching but i wouldnt say it performs better cause of less cars

For those who keep saying iracing is such wreckfest, could you please tell me where you find cleaner competitive public online races out of the box?

I would be very interested to test those as so far SRS has been just casual sunday drivers, Raceroom total mess and so on... Have I just been unlucky or impatient with those or is there some hidden gem I have missed out?

They are probably still in rookies. At C level is where the racing us smoother.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.