BMW M8 GTE Coming to iRacing This March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing BMW M8 GTE 3.jpg

iRacing have released images of the upcoming new BMW M8 GTE that is set to hit the sim very soon indeed..

Expected as part of the major March build release update, the wonderfully purposeful looking BMW M8 GTE is set to become yet another welcome edition to the endurance racing car set within the online racing simulation that is iRacing.

Joining such brands as Ford, Porsche and Ferrari in the GTE ranks of the simulation, the new and admittedly beautiful M8 is a nice change of pace from the more recent content additions to the title, and continues to expand a very nicely growing collection of GTE and GT3 machines within the simulation.

So while we await the March update, why not check these beauties out...

iRacing BMW M8 GTE 1.jpg
iRacing BMW M8 GTE 2.jpg

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

...Well : not excpected ...not really excited (i uses GTE only on test, never did a race with), maybe more BoP'anger... But that's a nice news...
Was hopping for a GT4 serie (with BMW M4, Cayman and Mustang or Audi/AMG) ..still not on their project...
For sure I'll get this car, will try it, and maybe one day will run it, but for me the greatest news is that we now could have 7 different cars on server (until now it was only 6), great for multi-class :)
@++

No much sense if they keep that ridiculous model limit on track at the same time. Impossible to do a proper IMSA league with that.
Wonder if their code base is so bad that they cant allow this to be free? Heck rF2 is full of bugs but keeping many different models on track at the same time is no problem, why cant iR do that when they are a much more stable platform?

No much sense if they keep that ridiculous model limit on track at the same time. Impossible to do a proper IMSA league with that.
Wonder if their code base is so bad that they cant allow this to be free? Heck rF2 is full of bugs but keeping many different models on track at the same time is no problem, why cant iR do that when they are a much more stable platform?
Maybe if you actually did some research you'd see that they are upping the limit.

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer

Their engine is 10 years old. They need to update badly. We have been bringing this up for 6 years now. They do not care one bit. The forum was supposed to be updated 2 years ago.

...Well : not excpected ...not really excited (i uses GTE only on test, never did a race with), maybe more BoP'anger... But that's a nice news...
Was hopping for a GT4 serie (with BMW M4, Cayman and Mustang or Audi/AMG) ..still not on their project...
For sure I'll get this car, will try it, and maybe one day will run it, but for me the greatest news is that we now could have 7 different cars on server (until now it was only 6), great for multi-class :)
@++
I doubt we'll see GT4 come to iRacing, especially since GT3 is more popular and they're pretty similar overall, there's no real place for it in iRacing and it'll just lead to more clutter in whatever class it'll go to. Believe me I'd love to see something like the KTM X-Bow GT4 or the McLaren 570S GT4 in game but there's simply no place for it in iRacing at the moment.

Last edited:
I dont have a sim to call mine, sorry, these products are just products to me. Reason why I'm looking at iR :) but some stupid stuff like car limit and lack of colision in pits is making me think twice
There are collisions in the fast lane of pits, but not in the stopped lane for obvious reasons, also there is not a single series in iRacing where there is more than 7 cars that currently run in the real life equivelent, not sure why or what scenario that limit would be an issue

Maybe if you actually did some research you'd see that they are upping the limit.
Yeah i like to celebrate on that because yay i'll have 4x GTE + 2x GT3 +DPI to choose from in imsa , not even one of the new GT3 like ferrari some of us have bought , at that time Ferrari 488 GT3 was in IMSA (this is why, again , some of us have bought it) until porsche RSR arrived , so they removed ferrari 488 GT3 to be able to have a extra GTE , so we have only AMG GT3 and Audi GT3 in imsa . (fyi my complain is not just because i have bought ferrari and now it's gone from imsa and i wanna cry lol, i have the other GT cars too)
adding only one extra slot to the 7car limit is still a laughable limitation especially if it is again to add a extra GTE (to sell a new car and maybe again remove it from one of its series like imsa to add a - lets say lmp2- in the future, like they ditched ferrari from imsa and send it to only 2 series that one of them is a fixed-setup Ferrari GT3-only and another is a GT3-only race after a little time after a good number of purchases, sure i have to celebrate with the research results:D) not adding a GT3 back to imsa

*i'm not trying to be rude , just my english is not good enough ,so maybe some of my choices (words or even grammar lol) seem bad

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%