BMW M8 GTE Coming to iRacing This March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing BMW M8 GTE 3.jpg

iRacing have released images of the upcoming new BMW M8 GTE that is set to hit the sim very soon indeed..

Expected as part of the major March build release update, the wonderfully purposeful looking BMW M8 GTE is set to become yet another welcome edition to the endurance racing car set within the online racing simulation that is iRacing.

Joining such brands as Ford, Porsche and Ferrari in the GTE ranks of the simulation, the new and admittedly beautiful M8 is a nice change of pace from the more recent content additions to the title, and continues to expand a very nicely growing collection of GTE and GT3 machines within the simulation.

So while we await the March update, why not check these beauties out...

iRacing BMW M8 GTE 1.jpg
iRacing BMW M8 GTE 2.jpg

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I often wonder where these complaints about bad drivers in Iracing come from. Yes, if you’re in the bottom splits/rookie races the driving might not be good.
I think the issue is that it's very quick and easy to get up the ranks in terms of class licences, which are the only thing preventing people from racing the faster classes. I myself started this season in C class and have now been in A class for two or three weeks, and believe me when I say I have no business being there being able to drive F1 and LMP1 cars with my measly 1400 iRating, because I'm safe but much too slow. If there aren't enough players to split the field the 1500 iRating racers go up against the 3000 iRating racers, which may lead to chaos and salt :)

I think some balancing in regards to classes and promotions should be done to work on that. Empty Box two opinion pieces on that issue a while back actually.

Man I tried to get back into iRacing the last few weeks... got taken out from behind in about 70% of the races...

I'll stick to RF2 offline for a while!

hello,

I think (it remains a personal opinion that I made myself during my hundreds of hours of play on iracing) that many players think they are "pros" and are, indeed, really not bad on a lap time " pure "but ...
the problem is that these same players get pretty bad in group or when they follow a person who has braking points or lines of curves different from their ...
they do not adapt their driving to the conditions they encounter, so that most of the time, they enter the rear of the car they follow if it does not have the same braking as them. ..
their goal is to go as fast as possible, forgetting to take into account the "safety margin"
how many times do I remember talking in the race with the next player saying: "be careful, I see in my mirrors that when you brake you get closer and closer to my shock, the slightest loss of grip and you will put me in the ditch "and unfortunately it often ended like that lol ...
I remember during the mazda cup (in class C if I remember correctly) which allowed to win the driving course and the race in real laguna seca, I wanted to do it seriously and I finished 24 th on About 3000, but for this result I do not count the number of times I had to let "pass" crazy that would put me in the embankment and out of the race with their driving without any margin of safety.
and I'm not even talking about the oval where the trucks looked more like derby destruction than nascar: D

for fans : I do not criticize the game iracing itself (do not fall on me: D) I just say that the players "100% clean" in their conduct and the respect of the opponent (as i am) can sometimes be disappointed in the driving behavior of opponents ^^

Strange that GPL could run 7 different cars way back in 1998 and ISIMotor2 sims had no specific limit in 2005. Somehow our Pentiums and Athlons coped.
Yeah I can only imagine something is very wrong with iR code base then.
I mean, I can run rF2 with 40 cars and different models with an i3 2100 and a R7 360 lol this is bellow entry level toaster
Unfortunately the little card died before the release of the new pack, but mixing different cars were never an issue, and I'm talking about the king of bugs rF2 :roflmao:

I think the issue is that it's very quick and easy to get up the ranks in terms of class licences, which are the only thing preventing people from racing the faster classes. I myself started this season in C class and have now been in A class for two or three weeks, and believe me when I say I have no business being there being able to drive F1 and LMP1 cars with my measly 1400 iRating, because I'm safe but much too slow. If there aren't enough players to split the field the 1500 iRating racers go up against the 3000 iRating racers, which may lead to chaos and salt :)

I think some balancing in regards to classes and promotions should be done to work on that. Empty Box two opinion pieces on that issue a while back actually.

I agree that it’s too easy to climb up the license ladder. :coffee:
Doesn’t matter if you’re a 1000-1500 Irating guy mixed with 2000+ guys…as long as you drive safe it’s all good. Just don’t be a hazard and f*** everyones race up. That’s what many at Iracing get wrong: they try to be faster than they’re able to and thus make mistakes.

race 24H!! 1st lap... yeah, really clean drivers... "ir average 3500" :roflmao: :whistling:

What is the purpose of your post?

I could get a clip of a crash from any title and claim the driving standard is poor in XXX sim.

The majority of RL races have a crash in the opening laps.
So if pro drivers can screw up, I am not sure why one would think a bunch of amateur gamers could do better?

Happens in every sim....read the strawberries from Mr. C RDMC review.

"bad, bad racing behavior in division one and poor attendance in division two"

The biggest issue I find in iracing is that people come into iracing and do time trials or start in the pits to fast track there license/irating than focus on that number.
What racing experience are you gaining from this?

They than enter a higher class event and quickly find out they are not as good as they thought, rating drops and the frustration and complaining starts.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of your post?

I could get a clip of a crash from any title and claim the driving standard is poor in XXX sim.

The majority of RL races have a crash in the opening laps.
So if pro drivers can screw up, I am not sure why one would think a bunch of amateur gamers could do better?

Happens in every sim....read the strawberries from Mr. C RDMC review.

"bad, bad racing behavior in division one and poor attendance in division two"

The biggest issue I find in iracing is that people come into iracing and do time trials or start in the pits to fast track there license/irating than focus on that number.
What racing experience are you gaining from this?

They than enter a higher class event and quickly find out they are not as good as they thought, rating drops and the frustration and complaining starts.
in response to the famous "the cleanest races of all sim ...."
perso I did some endurance on IR and RF2 "league SRC" I never saw a general crash at the 1st turn on a 24h race except on iracing...(it can happen but I've never seen) no matter what samprince053 who disapproves my post which is just a truth among others nothing more...disapproving of a picture is very strong, man!:p

You are assuming the amount of cars is what cause the bugs in rF2 but you got no proof of that and everything investigated till now shows there is no relation to that especially because the same stupid bugs that never get fixed happens with everyone running the same model too, rF2 has other bugs but amount of cars is not one of them.

The first part of your comment is rather funny. I drive other sims with colision in pits and have 0 issues (I organized GT3 leagues using FCY for accidents and had a lot of guys pitting under yellow and grids of 30 cars with no problem), then in iR with the so promoted superior experience this becomes a issue, what the heck...
No you're assuming I'm assuming the amount of cars is what cause the bugs. I don't know what the problem is and don't need to know either. It happened and ruined all the time spent practicing for these events. That pushed my team and i to iR because it's one less thing to worry about.

iR is a superior online experience, you've just picked on a minor negative. Just so you're aware I agree and would like to see it but TBH collision in pits isn't exactly on the top of my "wish iRacing would..." list. I could think of way more pressing matters than pit collision.

Well some of us like immersion, something all sims lack considering how things were done ages ago in games like GP4. Then with that fact some decide to remove something as basic as collision, like I said may as well turn it off completely if what you advertise is not totally true.
I guess my time in simracing wont go more than this year if nothing changes in rF2 or iR. Their loss :D

Wasn't there footage of an early version of iracing and the pit stop pile up that occurred? I agree that ghosting on the stalls is not the best, however given the nature of the title, the rating system and the fact that a skilled high IR driver can end up in an event with a total newb I think it's for the best. As it is lapping anyone can be a risky endeavour.

7 cars isn't a lot, but it's another step in the right direction. Also out of all the sims, it's easy to set up, easy to change graphical settings in session and runs like a peach on my machine.

Sims like rf2 dont have any problems at running over 10 different car-types.The guys at iRacing should do something about it before adding more and more cars...
Thats because stuff in sims like RF2 is done differently, its not as easy as that with iRacing, the models and physics demand a HUGE amount of ram per car due to the complexity and collision system to be as accurate as possible, therefore its not as easy as just adding another car

Their engine is 10 years old. They need to update badly. We have been bringing this up for 6 years now. They do not care one bit. The forum was supposed to be updated 2 years ago.
Look at the amount of updates, every season. Software is modular, you can rewrite pieces of code all the time. Very few pieces of software are made from scratch. Name me one modern simrace game that is programmed from scratch.

hello,

I think (it remains a personal opinion that I made myself during my hundreds of hours of play on iracing) that many players think they are "pros" and are, indeed, really not bad on a lap time " pure "but ...
the problem is that these same players get pretty bad in group or when they follow a person who has braking points or lines of curves different from their ...
they do not adapt their driving to the conditions they encounter, so that most of the time, they enter the rear of the car they follow if it does not have the same braking as them. ..
their goal is to go as fast as possible, forgetting to take into account the "safety margin"

yeah pretty much... I just don't understand the "go for a gap anywhere I can" mentality.. they may have some speed over a lap but no racecraft or patience...

And the iRating thing only really works with large numbers for races... most of the races I run are single split so you've got guys from 5000 down to 500... and some of the 1200-1500 guys can be quick... but you can predict what's going to happen when they qualify 3rd... they are usually 10th or in the pits by the end of the first lap...

I keep giving it a try every few months but it's always the same... have a few good races.. then a bunch of races where i get wrecked - I just don't need the aggro...! At least when some AI jerk takes me out I can restart!

So after reading through this thread and taking my own comments into consideration I jumped into anothe Skip Barber race this morning.

Top Split race..

Was Car Number 6.. qualified 8th I think..

Good start.. car in front of me spun on 2nd corner ...slowed down to avoid him... BANG.. I get smashed from behind.. Car that hit me had a good half second to see what was happening and slow down... but no.. straight into me.. 4x

So start driving back through the field... end of first lap.. go to over take last place into final corner.. he gets a bit distracted by this and spins.. coming back on the track and hits me... damaging the rear of my car... 8x

Black flag for damage.

This is just a typical race for me..

haha... it's just a joke!

You're going to have good races and bad, but I have yet to find a better multiplayer or even sim experience than iRacing. I had a race this morning, guy spun in front of us the guy in front of me didn't see me on his left and took us both out. It happens. No big deal.

I rather deal with these types of incidents than massive netcode issues i've had in other sims or guys just t-boning you intentionally on the last lap to win a race. I've even seen cheaters with either a boost or DRS style power up added to their car for online racing so they always win.

iRacing hands down has the most complete package right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back