BLM Car

Apps BLM Car 1.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
it may also be sol_weather app, you got this option on (it's off by default) ?
upload_2019-9-25_14-23-3.png

Hey @Blamer, how do I completely remove BLM Car from my system?
Don't panic, I just want to do a clean reinstallation of it because it won't hide in my HUD (needs removing at the start of every session) and I don't think it's ever been installed 100% correctly, as the BLM Car icon doesn't appear next to 'BLM Car' in the CM Apps list. It never has.

blm.PNG

I think we might have had dialogue about this before with no success at my end.
Thanks bud.

Hey @Blamer, how do I completely remove BLM Car from my system?
Don't panic, I just want to do a clean reinstallation of it because it won't hide in my HUD (needs removing at the start of every session) and I don't think it's ever been installed 100% correctly, as the BLM Car icon doesn't appear next to 'BLM Car' in the CM Apps list. It never has.

View attachment 336592

I think we might have had dialogue about this before with no success at my end.
Thanks bud.

Before going through the pains of troubleshooting and uninstalling - one question (ask me how I know to ask):

did you check by any chance if the BLMCar app is listed in your CM app profile as one of the app that is loaded with the current app profile?
Apps that are ticked to be loaded in a given chosen app profile will be loaded automatically EVERY time when you start a new session, no matter whatever you do to the app itself while you are in the session (move it around or close it, etc).

Familiarize yourself with the extensive app profile features in CM - they are super powerful.
I have actually built several profiles for different types of cars to be able to load only the very minimum number of apps for particular cars that need them so I do not have the need to fiddle around with apps in session.
The beauty about the CM app profiler is also that it lets you save the exact screen position for each app for super precise positioning on screen - no more moving apps around on screen in session ;-)

Check also for any "app auto start" ticks you may have active in the different app setting screens in CM - if there is one for BLM Car it might be active, hence auto loading for you ;-)

Before going through the pains of troubleshooting and uninstalling - one question (ask me how I know to ask):

did you check by any chance if the BLMCar app is listed in your CM app profile as one of the app that is loaded with the current app profile?
Apps that are ticked to be loaded in a given chosen app profile will be loaded automatically EVERY time when you start a new session, no matter whatever you do to the app itself while you are in the session (move it around or close it, etc).

Familiarize yourself with the extensive app profile features in CM - they are super powerful.
I have actually built several profiles for different types of cars to be able to load only the very minimum number of apps for particular cars that need them so I do not have the need to fiddle around with apps in session.
The beauty about the CM app profiler is also that it lets you save the exact screen position for each app for super precise positioning on screen - no more moving apps around on screen in session ;-)

Check also for any "app auto start" ticks you may have active in the different app setting screens in CM - if there is one for BLM Car it might be active, hence auto loading for you ;-)
Thanks for the advice - I'll take a look.
I've never had the BLM Car icon next to 'BLM Car' in the apps list though, which has always made me think that there's a small issue somewhere.

I make sure BLM Car is unticked in preset slot 4 on the CM app profile page (which I want to be completely HUD-free), I even save this as a preset. I start a race with preset slot 4 active and BLM Car - and no other apps - appears by itself, ignoring the instruction not to appear. It's incredibly annoying.

I make sure BLM Car is unticked in preset slot 4 on the CM app profile page (which I want to be completely HUD-free), I even save this as a preset. I start a race with preset slot 4 active and BLM Car - and no other apps - appears by itself, ignoring the instruction not to appear. It's incredibly annoying.

hey Mascot,
uncheck the 'auto start' option in the app's settings.
I regret having built it that way... but now it's the way it is, sorry

Blamer updated BLM Car with a new update entry:

option to disable rain and wipers controls, removed autostart app option

In order to use the app you MUST have installed CSP, Custom Shaders Patch by Ilja
  • ver. 1.7
    • as per @Bruno32600 request, I added the option to enable/disable the rain & wipers controls, in case you want to coltrol them with something else
  • image.png
    • I removed the option to autostart the app, so it can be enabled per screen...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Mascot I'm removing that option (auto start app) in next update
Thanks - that seems to have done the trick :)

In CM/settings/APPS I still don't get an icon next to BLM Car (as highlighted below). Any ideas?

1574957834913.png

That's why I was interested in completely purging BLM Car from my system and doing an absolutely fresh installation.
How do I go about this?
And what is the absolute best way to install BLM Car?
Cheers!

Thanks - that seems to have done the trick :)

In CM/settings/APPS I still don't get an icon next to BLM Car (as highlighted below). Any ideas?

View attachment 336628

That's why I was interested in completely purging BLM Car from my system and doing an absolutely fresh installation.
How do I go about this?
And what is the absolute best way to install BLM Car?
Cheers!

to remove it, delete it from the AC apps\python folder
I would also close AC, CM and delete [BLMCAR] from Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\python.ini to make a clean install. I don't know if CM keeps tracks of the apps you installed and if it could have some problem with the icon it doesn't show up...

To install the app just extract it in the apps folder and enable it (via CM is always enough for me)

to remove it, delete it from the AC apps\python folder
I would also close AC, CM and delete [BLMCAR] from Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\python.ini to make a clean install. I don't know if CM keeps tracks of the apps you installed and if it could have some problem with the icon it doesn't show up...

To install the app just extract it in the apps folder and enable it (via CM is always enough for me)
Yep, done all of that - again, lol. The icon still won't appear next to BLM Car. Must be a CM quirk.
Weird!
Thanks for your help, BLM Car now hides in the HUD when told.

Love this app been using it for a while but since this update the arrows and + - are not showing up. If i click the empty space the app still works but hard to know exactly where to click. Any ideas? Thanks

Blamer updated BLM Car with a new update entry:

option to disable rain and wipers controls, removed autostart app option and fix for 1.7

In order to use the app you MUST have installed CSP, Custom Shaders Patch by Ilja
  • ver. 1.7.1
    • fix for 1.7, forgot to include new dds files
  • ver. 1.7
    • as per @Bruno32600 request, I added the option to enable/disable the rain & wipers controls, in case you wanted to control them with something else
  • image.png

• I removed the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way to scale the app the way that the kunos apps are scalable.
Or can it be increased by way of an .ini file.
I'm running a 4K monitor and the buttons are so tiny.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back