Automobilista V1.0 to Release Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS V1 Release.jpg

Reiza Studios have confirmed that after a long period of Early Access, Automobilista will be available as a full Version One release from Wednesday 24th August on the Steam Network.

In preparation for the full release, the Brazilian team have released a new promotion trailer for the game and produced several impressive visual content lists (see foot of article) detailing what will be included in the package. It is worth noting that version One will include the much sought after 1967 and 1969 Formula Vintage series, a popular piece of content already enjoyed by beta backers that replicates 1960's era Formula One cars.

Some further important info regarding Version One:
  • A new player profile is strongly recommended.
  • Replays from v0.9.8 and earlier may not be compatible with v1.0
  • Virtual Xperience leaderboards will be reset in light of several physics updates;
  • Mods might need to be updated - specially mods that are in the REIZA28 - REIZA35 range as those slots have been reserved for official content as well (mods in that range won´t show up in menu).
AMS Version 1 Release Trailer:

Reiza have confirmed that to reflect the full version release, prices for the game will increase to US$ 39.99. Prices will remain discounted until Sunday 29th for the full Reiza Membership Package (base game + all DLCs + beta access) @ US$ 54.99, and Membership upgrade (all DLCs + beta access for those that already own the game) for US$ 24.99.

A range of post V1 release DLC items will be available to purchase in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news when it is available.

AMS 1.jpg

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment, the place to go for mods, discussions, news and of course our epic club racing scene.

AMS Historic Track List.jpg AMS V1 Track List.jpg AMS V1 Track List 2.jpg AMS V1 Track List 3.jpg AMS V1 Dirt Track List.jpg AMS V1 Kart Track List.jpg AMS V1 Car List.jpg AMS V1 Car List 2.jpg

Looking forward to V1? Are you satisfied with AMS so far? Do you think it has proven to be a worthwhile standalone release, rather than upgrade to GSCE? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Which is almost nothing compared to what rF2 can do that AMS can't... I repeat that I love Reiza and in fact AMS is my favourite sim, but objectively speaking rF2 has progressed far more (also had more time).
For sure, I prefer AMS over rF2 any day (tho if EEC moved to rF2 I'd be 100% for it), but rF2 is so much more advanced. People should take a look at the hdv alone to see some of the stuff present in rF2 (or read ISI physics blog)
I wish Reiza licensed isi 2.5 for their next sim instead of the 2.0, imagine some night rain and that tire flex with some UE4... oh boy!

So happy to see there are no dreaded achievements; achievements have no place in a track racing sim' ; they belong in simcade and arcade games, where they can be enjoyed for sure... In a sim' they just detract from the racing format.
AMS, as it stands now, is the best out there...thanks guy's.

AMS has also been advertised as having them for over half a year now. Claiming they detract from the racing format makes as much sense as complaining the game has menu music. Like FeltHat says above they're incredibly easy to ignore if you don't like'em.

I'm pretty sure they are quietly disregarding their commitment to VR as well. I could havens worn their indiegogo campaign page included promise of VR couple of months ago, but the last time I checked it was gone.

I definitely don't want to hang VR or achievements over their head, especially considering how much progress they did since January (seriously, they transformed gsce into a different product, compare that to ISI, which added bloody fuel mixtures in the same time...), but I would expect clearer communication regarding those issues.

I'm pretty sure they are quietly disregarding their commitment to VR as well.
Well they've openly stated its a low priority feature so there's no reason to consider that statement inconsistent with the development track. There are other things they've pledged to do that aren't likely coming with 1.0. Until they declare their development fully feature complete and VR isn't here there's no way to parse whether they're quietly dropping it or merely being consistent with their avowed priorities.

Whats more given Reiza's track record I have nothing historical in their behavior to judge them as the kind who'd try to manipulate their own promises into oblivion like that. They've been pretty much rock solid on promises so that would be a major change for them.

VR would be cool and is as always a hot topic with the sims that currently does not support it, however unlike the Cheevos it's not something the game advertises as a feature. I'm not saying it's a deal breaker or anything, I already backed the Indiegogo campaign back when it was about GSCE and that sure didn't have Cheevos nor was it part of the scope of the project. I just think it's a bit annoying it's advertised as having it on the store page when it does in fact, not.

View attachment 149595
Reiza Studios have confirmed that after a long period of Early Access, Automobilista will be available as a full Version One release from Wednesday 24th August on the Steam Network.

In preparation for the full release, the Brazilian team have released a new promotion trailer for the game and produced several impressive visual content lists (see foot of article) detailing what will be included in the package. It is worth noting that version One will include the much sought after 1967 and 1969 Formula Vintage series, a popular piece of content already enjoyed by beta backers that replicates 1960's era Formula One cars.

Some further important info regarding Version One:
  • A new player profile is strongly recommended.
  • Replays from v0.9.8 and earlier may not be compatible with v1.0
  • Virtual Xperience leaderboards will be reset in light of several physics updates;
  • Mods might need to be updated - specially mods that are in the REIZA28 - REIZA35 range as those slots have been reserved for official content as well (mods in that range won´t show up in menu).
AMS Version 1 Release Trailer:

Reiza have confirmed that to reflect the full version release, prices for the game will increase to US$ 39.99. Prices will remain discounted until Sunday 29th for the full Reiza Membership Package (base game + all DLCs + beta access) @ US$ 54.99, and Membership upgrade (all DLCs + beta access for those that already own the game) for US$ 24.99.

A range of post V1 release DLC items will be available to purchase in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news when it is available.

View attachment 149596

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment, the place to go for mods, discussions, news and of course our epic club racing scene.

View attachment 149585 View attachment 149590 View attachment 149591 View attachment 149592 View attachment 149588 View attachment 149589 View attachment 149586 View attachment 149587

Looking forward to V1? Are you satisfied with AMS so far? Do you think it has proven to be a worthwhile standalone release, rather than upgrade to GSCE? Let us know in the comments section below!

Hello!
When we have an update that brings new skins of cars Copa Petrobrás de Marcas and Stock Car? In stock car Chevrolet Sonic was replaced by the new Cruze, and Copa Petrobrás de Marcas have the new Corolla, Focus and Cruze.

Looking forward, thank you!

• ronniej

Great news, their hard work will be appreciated. This and AC 1.8 will do nicely!!

I suppose I should delete the game files and allow a fresh install...:geek:

@P*Funk trust me, it hurts no one as much as me, but I am sure that Oculus/VR support was one of the goals at 80% from their indiegogo campaign. If you google 'reiza simracing bonanza' and 'virtual reality' you will find multiple sources claiming the same thing. I am not sure if I can link to other forums here, but if you have any doubts, I can send you a link via PM, it's a quotation of the whole page, which clearly states that at 80% funding they will implement VR (including DK2 support).

Now, I remember when Automobilista was released on Early Access and Reiza opened their own forums shortly after. A couple of people asked (in a rather aggressive manner) about the state of VR and the answers were a bit vague to say the least, although guys over at reiza said they would aim to implement VR, but it would take a long time as in, everything else first, then - at the end of year or so - VR implementation. That said the removal of even mention virtual reality from their indiegogo page reflects pretty poorly on them. I fully understand the difficulties of implementing VR when you are a small team made up of a few guys (and they also have to deal with retarded brazilian taxes on tech imports, I am sure buying a VR headset, even DK2, must be ridiculously expensive in Brazil), but their communication on the matter has been extremely dissapointing.

Great news, their hard work will be appreciated. This and AC 1.8 will do nicely!!

I suppose I should delete the game files and allow a fresh install...:geek:
i just renamed the Automobilista folder to 'Automobilista 0.98 Early Access' then tested the link from within STEAM.........as expected it couldn't find the executable, so job done.

that said the removal of even mention virtual reality from their indiegogo page reflects pretty poorly on them.

Well if you can find a reference to VR on the campaign page from the wayback machine you might have a strong case for a deliberate edit. I can't find the reference in the original from when it wasn't even funded.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015071...o.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/story

Even so, if the reference fell from the official page doesn't necessitate we infer this was done in a malicious manner in order to deceive people.

EDIT. And here we have the original thread on RD for the crowdfunding where we get an explicit breakdown of the promised goals including the 80% VR promise.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...eriod-now-closing.107775/page-27#post-2054776

It seems to me the most likely scenario is that VR was never a headline feature, maybe I remember them adding it as a last minute goal that wasn't part of the original pitch, maybe that's me failing to properly recollect. So they eventually had the campaign finish, re-edited the post to exclude the now defunct goal by funding level outline, and since VR was never in the original headline of pitched features it slipped through the cracks and disappeared from the indiegogo page purely innocently. Of course I can't find the funding level information in the wayback machine either so there's no physical evidence to help this conclusion but I think its reasonable.

I am invoking Occam on this one. To me it seems rather strong to use such things to try and argue for what would amount to mild fraud of a community they've never been fraudulent with and they rely on to make them successful.

Now if you have other evidence, or perhaps a better analysis of the available information I could be swayed to reconsider.

Last edited:
...just watched the video again....do not know why the Chimpanzee with hands over the eyes Photo at 1.55 was flashed on there...do I win a prize or something for spotting that...LOL
....anyway really looking forward to what the future holds with Reiza Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%