Automobilista V1.0 to Release Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS V1 Release.jpg

Reiza Studios have confirmed that after a long period of Early Access, Automobilista will be available as a full Version One release from Wednesday 24th August on the Steam Network.

In preparation for the full release, the Brazilian team have released a new promotion trailer for the game and produced several impressive visual content lists (see foot of article) detailing what will be included in the package. It is worth noting that version One will include the much sought after 1967 and 1969 Formula Vintage series, a popular piece of content already enjoyed by beta backers that replicates 1960's era Formula One cars.

Some further important info regarding Version One:
  • A new player profile is strongly recommended.
  • Replays from v0.9.8 and earlier may not be compatible with v1.0
  • Virtual Xperience leaderboards will be reset in light of several physics updates;
  • Mods might need to be updated - specially mods that are in the REIZA28 - REIZA35 range as those slots have been reserved for official content as well (mods in that range won´t show up in menu).
AMS Version 1 Release Trailer:

Reiza have confirmed that to reflect the full version release, prices for the game will increase to US$ 39.99. Prices will remain discounted until Sunday 29th for the full Reiza Membership Package (base game + all DLCs + beta access) @ US$ 54.99, and Membership upgrade (all DLCs + beta access for those that already own the game) for US$ 24.99.

A range of post V1 release DLC items will be available to purchase in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news when it is available.

AMS 1.jpg

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment, the place to go for mods, discussions, news and of course our epic club racing scene.

AMS Historic Track List.jpg AMS V1 Track List.jpg AMS V1 Track List 2.jpg AMS V1 Track List 3.jpg AMS V1 Dirt Track List.jpg AMS V1 Kart Track List.jpg AMS V1 Car List.jpg AMS V1 Car List 2.jpg

Looking forward to V1? Are you satisfied with AMS so far? Do you think it has proven to be a worthwhile standalone release, rather than upgrade to GSCE? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ok please stop you all this VR debate...is useless...
Reiza stated many times they set VR as low priority because after indiegogo campaign, when they started to working on it, Oculus removed official support for dx9...
Other devs studios were able to implement it but for Reiza was time consuming (especially if you have tons of feature and content to bring to your bakers) and very difficult to master (you need to learn how to code it properly)...

It found funny some statements like "I bought the sim because of vr support"...
A sim should be bought because is a good sim, vr should be a plus not the main reason, there are a lot of titles to testing your new vr toy!
Even if they will implement it at last, at the end of all, who cares?
Why the hell vr should arrive first than tyre flex or dynamic track???
Because we need to support the new toy on the market used by 1/3 of simracers insthead to have a proper simulator for all of them?
So please, stop!
This is a big day for Reiza studio, they are very gentle with their customers, they have always been sincere and clean with us and with all the vr users...so why can't we just be happy for them and for us as players?
Guys, the sim word is so noisy and boring sometimes...a post about a sim update or release can't survive the first forum page wich starts to be a moaning wall of text...(like mine now, lol)

Sorry if I sound harsh, I don't want to make offense to someone specific, mine is a generic post. Eng isn't my native language and I am just trying to comunicate my opinion, because of this I can sound harsh but I am not, really...

Very much looking forward to 1.0. The awesome and often exclusive tracks in AMS alone are reason enough to buy this sim, even if it wasn't voodoo good with the feel and immersion, which it is. Throw in graphics which are pleasing and very easy on the eyes (my favorite by far actually), decent FPS performance and feature after feature after feature the community has been begging for from sims for ages and it's a no-brainer.

Thanks everyone for your the kind words - AMS has gone longer than we hoped for in Early Access, and while even after v1.0 release it will still have plenty of tangible room for improvement, we´re very happy with the progress that has been made in this time, and hope that tomorrow you find it has been worth the wait too :)

Regarding the debate about VR, Szymon is correct in his recollection that we did initially propose support for VR towards the end of last year´s crowdfunding campaign - it was then, and is now a matter of when rather than if we´ll support it.

Unfortunately a few months after the campaign wrapped, circumstances developed both in the VR front (namely, DX9 no longer being officially supported) as well as our own (a developer leaving the team), which forced us to put this specific development on hold. When this happened though we openly discussed it in Reiza 51 - the forum specially conceived for interaction with campaign backers, while it was still here in RD - and gave an ample window (months, not just weeks) for backers who had entered the campaign with the specific goal of seeing VR supported to get a refund for their investment. So while the disappointment from those looking for VR is perfectly appropriate, the suggestion we were anything but absolutely clear about this change of plan seems a bit unfair.

The situation now is simple - we´re no longer in "wait and see" mode regarding VR, but openly intent on supporting it already with AMS, and we are looking for developers to join us for this specific task - we haven´t achieved this yet though, and until we do and have had the chance to assess it, it´s impossible to make any reliable estimate as to if and when it might actually come for AMS.

So while we need no convincing regarding the relevance of VR for simracing at this stage, there´s this unfortunate gap between wanting something and getting it done, and right now we just can´t precise how long it will take us to cover it.

When this happened though we openly discussed it in Reiza 51 - the forum specially conceived for interaction with campaign backers, while it was still here in RD - and gave an ample window (months, not just weeks) for backers who had entered the campaign with the specific goal of seeing VR supported to get a refund for their investment. So while the disappointment from those looking for VR is perfectly appropriate, the suggestion we were anything but absolutely clear about this change of plan seems a bit unfair.
Thank you for mentioning that! I haven't been to your official forums for a while now, so I must have missed that. I fully accept the blame for that. ;) In my defence, right now I follow the development of AMS, rf2 and AC so sometimes those little bits of information slip through the cracks.It's especially easy when you guys are developing at such a great pace, the amount of work you have done over last 6 months is incredible.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experience. Hopefully, it will be solved sooner than later and not gonna hurt you in a long run.

Great news.. and my couple of days off is well-timed to enjoy it.
Question, though: I had GSCE (bought GSC 2012, I think, and it transferred over), and I qualified for the AMS beta at no extra charge. I only ever had up to V. 0.9.8 however, so not with the 60s Formula 1 cars. Was there some reason why some people would have had the 60s cars in the beta and not others?

Also, if I understand correctly, I will be able to buy V. 1.0 for $25 US?

Thanks all, and thank you Reiza for one of my most enjoyable sims.

Great news.. and my couple of days off is well-timed to enjoy it.
Question, though: I had GSCE (bought GSC 2012, I think, and it transferred over), and I qualified for the AMS beta at no extra charge. I only ever had up to V. 0.9.8 however, so not with the 60s Formula 1 cars. Was there some reason why some people would have had the 60s cars in the beta and not others?

Also, if I understand correctly, I will be able to buy V. 1.0 for $25 US?

Thanks all, and thank you Reiza for one of my most enjoyable sims.

If you had GSCE back then you will get AMS 1.0 for nothing. You only got beta access via the crowdfunding campaign so what you have had is the Early Access version not the beta. Your version should upgrade to 1.0 when it is released.

I've been doing league races on RF2 and AC I haven't had much chance to enjoy AMS recently.

Reiza have done a superb job with this piece of software and it continues to impress, not only because of the content but also the constant stream of updates and extras which improve what's an already impressive package.

I love that fact it has South American tracks we've never heard of. Craig and I did a F3 league quite some time ago and the little F3 car and the tracks supplied with the game were seriously good fun.

Although I'm looking at going VR at some point (would make my life easier for space more than anything) it's not a deal breaker for me at all. Good racing is good racing :)

Well done Reiza and thanks for all your hard work:thumbsup:

This + EEC GT3 Mod + Patrick's tracks = a happy @Metalogic

Looking forward to the British tracks too and some of the other upcoming DLC, so I will probably buy the DLC package now

BTW I love R3E and AC too, they're all good in different ways, we're spoilt for choice, just wish R3E and AC were as relatively feature complete as AMS.

Which is almost nothing compared to what rF2 can do that AMS can't... I repeat that I love Reiza and in fact AMS is my favourite sim, but objectively speaking rF2 has progressed far more (also had more time).

Well, you mentioned " in what way", so there you are.
Yes it's seems small, but people can exploit this by cutting in many parts of the track, with no or minimum penalty.
I have. Yes there is less grip but when tyres recatch tarmac, no worries you will carry on.
So in my mind it's not that small.
Don't get me wrong, I know that rf2 is more advanced, but reiza had added some stuff that are missing.
Actually even being less advanced, it feels more complete as a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%