Automobilista 2 | Update 1.1.3.5 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Automobilista 2, Reiza Studios have deployed build 1.1.3.5 of the simulation - with plenty of fixes included and a new historic F1 Lotus!
  • New update adds Lotus 79.
  • A further complementary update to follow.
  • Significant physics developments.

One year on from release into Early Access, Automobilista 2 has been updated yet again as Reiza Studios continue to work hard to bring the simulation up to the level its obvious potential deserves. In this latest build release, the studio have brought together a new officially licenced historic Formula One car in the form of the legendary Lotus 79, alongside their own fictional F1 machine, plus have laid the groundwork for further substantial improvements to the title going forward, as Renato Simioni from Reiza Studios explains:

This release comes exactly one year since our initial Early Access release on March 31 2020, and we have been pushing hard as we have through this whole year to celebrate the occasion with another major update!

Unfortunately some of the new features and core developments we had hopes to wrap in time for this update didn´t quite make it in time, but the work obviously isn´t lost - while this update isn´t quite the beefed up step we had hoped to deliver, our users can still look forward to these valuable developments making into the game in the coming weeks and months.

Our March update still packs a good punch with another sizeable list of improvements & fixes, additional layouts for the Historic Jacarepagua circuit, and a new historical class - the Formula Retro Generation 2, featuring the iconic Lotus 79!

The most significant physics development in this update is the substantial reduction of driveline friction levels, resulting improved functionality in LSD cars, better driveability and slightly higher top speeds. The default preload and ramp angles have been adjusted for most cars, so setup resets on cars with LSD is recommended.

Championship Mode has also received an important update in preparation for the Custom Championship feature, as now players are able to have up to four championship seasons in progress. A batch of new championship options will be added in an complementary update before the weekend. Custom championship itself is still under development for additional features and has been pushed to May.

We´ll share a bit more details about the ongoing developments in this update and upcoming ones in our upcoming Development Update.

S 2 Middle.jpg

CONTENT
  • Added F-Retro Gen2 Series (featuring Lotus 79 & generic F-Retro Gen2 Model1)
  • Added more Jacarepagua Historical layouts (2005, Oval, Sul, Stock Car Roval)

GENERAL
  • Reduced Multiplayer safe join buffer time in practice / qualifying from 180 to 90 seconds
  • Added option to set maximum limit on the number of AI in official championships
  • Fixed GT1 Championship lap length race sessions incorrectly treated as timed sessions

UI & HUD
  • Updated HUD (will reset customizations): Restyled car info and added vehicle damage widget; Restyled tacho unit
  • Added hints and tips to loading screens.
  • Added warning to opponent settings screen when the number of opponents is grater than the number of available liveries
  • Fixed championship AI aggression input not clamping to correct range
  • Increased loading screen tip refresh time to 20s
  • Added 'Wheel Only' option to 'Display Cockpit And Driver' setting
  • Added extra vehicle info to Vehicle Selection screen informing availability of tire compounds, DRS, boost, adjustable turbo, adjustable onboard brake bias & roll bars, head lights, pit limiter on the currently selected vehicle (accuracy of current info pending further revisions)
  • Restyled Race and Test Day settings screens
  • Fixed untranslated 'Opponent Aggression' label on opponent settings screens

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Fixed FFB pulling to the left under braking or to the right on power (FWD vehicles only)
  • Substantial reduction of friction levels for various wheel bearing models for reduced overall driveline losses, improved functionality in LSD cars, better handling entering & exiting corners, better driveability under traction and slightly higher top speeds
  • Adjusted default preload and ramp angles in most LSD cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Updated engine torque / power curves to suit new wheel bearing values
  • GT / Stock / Proto / wet tire wear adjustments
  • Adjusted F-Retro, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-V12, V-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate tire carcass inflation shape
  • Slightly steeper engine compression curve for Cosworth 1974 engine in F-Retros
  • Slightly higher wear rate for soft compound in GT3 / P1
  • Minor rear wing efficiency adjustment for F-Retros
  • Revised aero drag in formula cars
  • Added customized values for tire pre-conditioning per car (replacing old global function)
  • Increased damage rate for grinding & clutchless shifts in manual boxes
  • Adjusted StockV8 2020/2021, Montana, F-Retro, Omega StockCar, Mini UK aero yaw sensitivity
  • Disabled onboard roll bars in GT5, GT4, GT3, F-Retro Gen1, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
  • Disabled redundant turbo range in Hot Cars / Copa Classic cars
  • Lowered Opala CoG height; stiffened suspension rates to minimise issues with lifting inside wheels
  • Minor adjustments to H-pattern gearbox syncro parameters

AI
  • Increased range of AI performance & some initial customization per series
  • AI Callibration pass to account for new AI range parameters & new driveline physics update
  • Slightly increased AI prudence against human drivers
  • AI aggression is now scaled down during in/out laps of practice & qualifying sessions
  • Fixed issue with AI skill range at extreme ends of the scale and effective lower cap of 84% in multiplayer
  • Fixed bug where the AI skill from personality wouldn't load properly in first session (leading to reduced spread of performance)

TRACKS
  • Weather, climate & HDR revisions for more consistency across the daytime and weather variants
  • Minor adjustments to weather and climates for clouds & HDR behaviour
  • Increased maximum render distance for far terrain at higher graphics settings
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Fixed bad bumps at the outside run-off of Pouhon and Fagnes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Jacarepagua Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor art & optimization pass
  • Interlagos Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Increased poly density for outer link road
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise for all Historic layouts
  • Cascais: Fixed fix flipped armco at T9
  • Goiania: Updated trackside data
  • Revised default date for all tracks
  • Added VR cams for Campo Grande, Cascavel, Snetterton, Curitiba, Londrina
  • Minor art pass to Hockenheim Historic layouts
  • Minor art passes to Jacarepagua and Spielberg

VEHICLES
  • Adjusted LOD settings for wheel and tires in open wheel cars to avoid gaps between transitions at lower detail levels
  • Fixed dark external mirrors in several formula cars
  • Corrected suspension animation to account for camber settings in F-Vintage cars, F-Classic Gen3, F-V10 Gen2
  • Sigma P1: Fixed glitch on cockpit front end
  • F-Trainer and F-Trainer Advanced: Fixed suspension artifacts on cockpit view; Added missing chassi parts to cockpit view; Fixed chassi parts misplacement in LodA.
  • F-Vintage: Fixed engine damage issue
  • Chevette: Fixed cockpit red paint issue

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum today to get engaged with your fellow Automobilista 2 fans!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Its all set to the standard settings at the moment for logitech and ams2, couldn't see much in ams apart from the gain?
Ingame for G27 starting point (i use a CSW 2.5 mainly, but also have a G27 here) try 75 gain, 15-25 Low Force Boost (matter of taste anyway and also can increase the rumble if too high), FX by preference (too much here can also add odd rumble), damping is just for faster accelerating wheels starting with CSW 2.5 and DDs, to calm faster movements.
(Saying, the damping system applies just for faster movements of the wheel, but will adapt to not take action on slower movement, so maybe it is a way to kill rattling, what the Gs are notorious for, but i wouldn't recommend it for fidelity)

Last edited:
I guess here's where we get into opinions, but I had to turn ACC's saturation up. I think the default color is far too washed out. I've never seen so little color irl.

Just realized you wrote AC, but I stand by want I said.

As the saying goes, "There's no accounting for tastes"... so, an option to choose among several
graphics settings would be a perfect solution for different tastes.

Have a look at this AC video with post processing filter. To me these colours look very realistic,
though I may like saturated colours too depending on the track and time of day:

As the saying goes, "There's no accounting for tastes"... so, an option to choose among several

Have a look at this AC video with post processing filter. To me these colours look very realistic,

Maybe a bit "undersaturated" and "underexposed" (are these even words?) for my taste, but WOW, this video actually looks amazing!

Last edited:
Ingame for G27 starting point (i use a CSW 2.5 mainly, but also have a G27 here) try 75 gain, 15-25 Low Force Boost (matter of taste anyway and also can increase the rumble if too high), FX by preference (too much here can also add odd rumble), damping is just for faster accelerating wheels starting with CSW 2.5 and DDs, to calm faster movements.
(Saying, the damping system applies just for faster movements of the wheel, but will adapt to not take action on slower movement, so maybe it is a way to kill rattling, what the Gs are notorious for, but i wouldn't recommend it for fidelity)

Thanks will give them a go, would you change the last one too? Menu spring strength still at 40?

This does a great job of bringing out the colors without being too warm. My biggest problem with most filters I see is everytime someone says "it adds color", they just turn up the yellow. It feels like games are either too warm/yellow or too washed out. That video has a nice blue/natural feel (see also battlefield 4) and lots of vibrance.

Yes, but AMS 2 could look much more realistic if Reiza could add a graphical setting option with
filters like AC has, to tone down the colours, which to me look cartoony. It'd be great if they
could add different colours filters, like Natural, Cinema, and all those. Gray colours look much
more realistic than a predominant basic colour palette with too much green, blue and red.

You'll have unsaturated colors when seasonal foliage is available and you can set the event date to a date in Winter. It will then look more grey and depressing, even with in sunny condition. Hopefully soon.
For depressing and serious looking lighting smelling petrol, there's also rF2.

Last edited:
I agree, it would be more accurate.
If steamdb is in any way accurate it's around 200K owners with 332 average daily peak.

Just realized EA was released a year ago, Happy Anniversary AMS2.

Get a room maybe? :giggle:
Nooo, why? Let's watch, how this will develop! @RinusDirtRally You don't mind, if i observe this further?
1617478066598.png

:coffee:

If steamdb is in any way accurate it's around 200K owners with 332 average daily peak.
Slight upwards trend, stable numbers overall. Good reviews in majority. Nothing to worry about for a niche game in a niche.^^

Last edited:

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict

I never knew we could see estimated owners number, but estimated is the key word
as for AMS 2 it can be around 60K (playtratcker) or 200K (steamspy) it gives (total owners/average daily peak) .0016 adp (average daily player)

comparing to RF2 190K (playtratcker) or 500K (steamspy) so about double and an average daily peak of 1.046, .002 adp

or AC 2400K (playtratcker) or 2000K (steamspy) 7541 average daily peak, .0037 adp

even taking into account that their is less owners of AMS2, it still lag behing other SIM also from small studio, even though it is the more recent, but the gap is much smaller than just looking at average daily peak, very close to RF2 and about half of AC.

Interesting in many ways and AMS2 is (relatively) more played by their owners than I thought.

Last edited:
I never knew we could see estimated owners number, but estimated is the key word
as for AMS 2 it can be around 60K (playtratcker) or 200K (steamspy) it gives (total owners/average daily peak) .0016 adp (average daily player)

comparing to RF2 190K (playtratcker) or 500K (steamspy) so about double and an average daily peak of 1.046, .002 adp

or AC 2400K (playtratcker) or 2000K (steamspy) 7541 average daily peak, .0037 adp

even taking into account that their is less owners of AMS2, it still lag behing other SIM also from small studio, even though it is the more recent, but the gap is much smaller than just looking at average daily peak, very close to RF2 and about half of AC.

Interesting in many ways and AMS2 is (relatively) more played by their owners than I thought.
Looking at all the statistics for the main sims, I feel that AMS2 is pretty much where you would expect it to be in terms of concurrent users compared to owners of the game - not amazing, but not bad either.

Where AMS2 seems to perform extremely well is on the average total play-time for users. If you take into account the length of time each Sim has been available (AMS2 being by far the most recent), the only one that beats it by this metric is (if my memory serves me correctly) ACC.

Overall, it does seem from Steamdb that owners of AMS2 spend more time in the sim than owners of other sims (ACC aside).

By far the worst performing is Raceroom (which I happen to love) but I suspect that is because many have it in their game library, including non sim-racers, because it has free content.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious, those are horrible numbers.
As someone else has posted, AMS2 is a niche title in a niche genre.

That being said, with regards to overall sales which is where AMS2 suffers compared to other Sims, it doesn't surprise me and probably doesn't surprise Reiza that AMS2 is something of a slow-burner. If you recall, AMS1 also started slowly and grew very gradually before eventually becoming recognised by the Sim Community as a benchmark sim. I would guess that AMS2 will follow a similar path given the amount of work going into it and the rate of improvement it has had.

Even the forum activity related to AMS2 has dropped to a trickle both here and at their own forums. I think that says quite a lot too tbh. I think the title is only just starting to show its real promise but too many people have moved on and won't bother even trying it again.

It didn't help that you had some serious "white Knighting" going on in the early days that shouted down any criticism for flaws that were blindingly obvious.

Its a pity, because it is now starting to really shape up I think now they decided to tackle some of the basic fundamentals (Drivetrain). But who really knows where its headed? Which cars do they think now perform the way they should? Is a car I like today going to be completely different again tomorrow? Who knows!? I don't find the Dev road maps particularly informative on that front.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
and probably doesn't surprise Reiza that AMS2 is something of a slow-burner

I have read many post from Renato that they are happy with where they are at this time and that they have reached their objective. No issue on their side. We all need to be patient, AMS2 will probably develop to be quite a success.

It didn't help that you had some serious "white Knighting" going on in the early days that shouted down any criticism for flaws that were blindingly obvious.

The die hard defenders are the worst enemy of any sim they decide to protect as if their life depended on it. All sim have issues, let’s appreciate what can be appreciated and stay lucid on what still need to be improved.

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%