Automobilista 2 | Update 1.1.3.5 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Automobilista 2, Reiza Studios have deployed build 1.1.3.5 of the simulation - with plenty of fixes included and a new historic F1 Lotus!
  • New update adds Lotus 79.
  • A further complementary update to follow.
  • Significant physics developments.

One year on from release into Early Access, Automobilista 2 has been updated yet again as Reiza Studios continue to work hard to bring the simulation up to the level its obvious potential deserves. In this latest build release, the studio have brought together a new officially licenced historic Formula One car in the form of the legendary Lotus 79, alongside their own fictional F1 machine, plus have laid the groundwork for further substantial improvements to the title going forward, as Renato Simioni from Reiza Studios explains:

This release comes exactly one year since our initial Early Access release on March 31 2020, and we have been pushing hard as we have through this whole year to celebrate the occasion with another major update!

Unfortunately some of the new features and core developments we had hopes to wrap in time for this update didn´t quite make it in time, but the work obviously isn´t lost - while this update isn´t quite the beefed up step we had hoped to deliver, our users can still look forward to these valuable developments making into the game in the coming weeks and months.

Our March update still packs a good punch with another sizeable list of improvements & fixes, additional layouts for the Historic Jacarepagua circuit, and a new historical class - the Formula Retro Generation 2, featuring the iconic Lotus 79!

The most significant physics development in this update is the substantial reduction of driveline friction levels, resulting improved functionality in LSD cars, better driveability and slightly higher top speeds. The default preload and ramp angles have been adjusted for most cars, so setup resets on cars with LSD is recommended.

Championship Mode has also received an important update in preparation for the Custom Championship feature, as now players are able to have up to four championship seasons in progress. A batch of new championship options will be added in an complementary update before the weekend. Custom championship itself is still under development for additional features and has been pushed to May.

We´ll share a bit more details about the ongoing developments in this update and upcoming ones in our upcoming Development Update.

S 2 Middle.jpg

CONTENT
  • Added F-Retro Gen2 Series (featuring Lotus 79 & generic F-Retro Gen2 Model1)
  • Added more Jacarepagua Historical layouts (2005, Oval, Sul, Stock Car Roval)

GENERAL
  • Reduced Multiplayer safe join buffer time in practice / qualifying from 180 to 90 seconds
  • Added option to set maximum limit on the number of AI in official championships
  • Fixed GT1 Championship lap length race sessions incorrectly treated as timed sessions

UI & HUD
  • Updated HUD (will reset customizations): Restyled car info and added vehicle damage widget; Restyled tacho unit
  • Added hints and tips to loading screens.
  • Added warning to opponent settings screen when the number of opponents is grater than the number of available liveries
  • Fixed championship AI aggression input not clamping to correct range
  • Increased loading screen tip refresh time to 20s
  • Added 'Wheel Only' option to 'Display Cockpit And Driver' setting
  • Added extra vehicle info to Vehicle Selection screen informing availability of tire compounds, DRS, boost, adjustable turbo, adjustable onboard brake bias & roll bars, head lights, pit limiter on the currently selected vehicle (accuracy of current info pending further revisions)
  • Restyled Race and Test Day settings screens
  • Fixed untranslated 'Opponent Aggression' label on opponent settings screens

PHYSICS & FFB
  • Fixed FFB pulling to the left under braking or to the right on power (FWD vehicles only)
  • Substantial reduction of friction levels for various wheel bearing models for reduced overall driveline losses, improved functionality in LSD cars, better handling entering & exiting corners, better driveability under traction and slightly higher top speeds
  • Adjusted default preload and ramp angles in most LSD cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Updated engine torque / power curves to suit new wheel bearing values
  • GT / Stock / Proto / wet tire wear adjustments
  • Adjusted F-Retro, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-V12, V-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate tire carcass inflation shape
  • Slightly steeper engine compression curve for Cosworth 1974 engine in F-Retros
  • Slightly higher wear rate for soft compound in GT3 / P1
  • Minor rear wing efficiency adjustment for F-Retros
  • Revised aero drag in formula cars
  • Added customized values for tire pre-conditioning per car (replacing old global function)
  • Increased damage rate for grinding & clutchless shifts in manual boxes
  • Adjusted StockV8 2020/2021, Montana, F-Retro, Omega StockCar, Mini UK aero yaw sensitivity
  • Disabled onboard roll bars in GT5, GT4, GT3, F-Retro Gen1, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
  • Disabled redundant turbo range in Hot Cars / Copa Classic cars
  • Lowered Opala CoG height; stiffened suspension rates to minimise issues with lifting inside wheels
  • Minor adjustments to H-pattern gearbox syncro parameters

AI
  • Increased range of AI performance & some initial customization per series
  • AI Callibration pass to account for new AI range parameters & new driveline physics update
  • Slightly increased AI prudence against human drivers
  • AI aggression is now scaled down during in/out laps of practice & qualifying sessions
  • Fixed issue with AI skill range at extreme ends of the scale and effective lower cap of 84% in multiplayer
  • Fixed bug where the AI skill from personality wouldn't load properly in first session (leading to reduced spread of performance)

TRACKS
  • Weather, climate & HDR revisions for more consistency across the daytime and weather variants
  • Minor adjustments to weather and climates for clouds & HDR behaviour
  • Increased maximum render distance for far terrain at higher graphics settings
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Fixed bad bumps at the outside run-off of Pouhon and Fagnes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Jacarepagua Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor art & optimization pass
  • Interlagos Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Increased poly density for outer link road
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise for all Historic layouts
  • Cascais: Fixed fix flipped armco at T9
  • Goiania: Updated trackside data
  • Revised default date for all tracks
  • Added VR cams for Campo Grande, Cascavel, Snetterton, Curitiba, Londrina
  • Minor art pass to Hockenheim Historic layouts
  • Minor art passes to Jacarepagua and Spielberg

VEHICLES
  • Adjusted LOD settings for wheel and tires in open wheel cars to avoid gaps between transitions at lower detail levels
  • Fixed dark external mirrors in several formula cars
  • Corrected suspension animation to account for camber settings in F-Vintage cars, F-Classic Gen3, F-V10 Gen2
  • Sigma P1: Fixed glitch on cockpit front end
  • F-Trainer and F-Trainer Advanced: Fixed suspension artifacts on cockpit view; Added missing chassi parts to cockpit view; Fixed chassi parts misplacement in LodA.
  • F-Vintage: Fixed engine damage issue
  • Chevette: Fixed cockpit red paint issue

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum today to get engaged with your fellow Automobilista 2 fans!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, Formula Vintage Gen 1, the car has no downforce and older brake tech.... it should be hardest to pull up
Could you perhaps share a video while you do this ?
Just tried this and have a hard time believing that .
Curious to see how you do this.

I Just tried it and couldnt stand more than a couple of laps in that.
Could you brake at 280 at 100 meters ??
I actualy quit like that that car , drove the lotus 49 a lot in in ac and don't think reiza's version is bad at al

Last edited:

Jason Chamberlain

Mobile Chicane
Premium
I've recommended Reiza to hire Scott Mansell as a handling advisor, who was driving 15 historic F1-cars on the limit apart from Caterham, Radical, Formula Ford etc. and I still think it's a good idea.

That would be outstanding. Much like how Codemasters got a real rally driver to advise on Dirt Rally 2.0. I'm sure that there are questions of time and money involved, but it would be fabulous to see that happen.

Could you brake at 280 at 100 meters ??
I actualy quit like that that car , drove the lotus 49 a lot in in ac and don't think reiza's version is bad at al

I didn’t get up to that speed actually, but the braking felt roughly what I imagined it might do in such a car, I just am not a fan of driving the historical cars, I don’t enjoy the handling of the old cars. (Not to imply they are done wrong, I just don’t like them)

I didn’t get up to that speed actually, but the braking felt roughly what I imagined it might do in such a car, I just am not a fan of driving the historical cars, I don’t enjoy the handling of the old cars. (Not to imply they are done wrong, I just don’t like them)
interesting statement in view on your avatar ;)

interesting statement in view on your avatar ;)
The car in his avatar is the Williams FW14, Mansells championship car. It's maybe "vintage" or "classic" and indeed historical of course, but it's arguably the most high-tech F1 car, ever built. Aero by Adrian Newey, filled with technological/electronical features on all fronts and even an active suspension, that can be mapped for a track. Todays F1 cars are actually more raw and manual in comparison in many ways (besides the obvious stuff, of course), not kidding. :D So F-Vintage would be indeed a VERY different experience.

EDIT: Man i thought about it a bit more...it's so hard to realize, that even some GT3 cars can be considered "historical" already today. It's so strange. :cautious:

Last edited:
And your opinion is obviously biased towards AMS2. Which is fine, just don't tell these 'obvious' things as facts. I assume none of us (including you) have ever driven a real Lotus 79, so what's we left with is comparisons with other sims. No matter how much you dislike other sims, if the majority has something common in their handling characteristic, then probably the one sim with different handling is flawed.

I'm not saying that the Lotus 79 in AMS2 is absolutely wrong. In fact I've got the same problem with it as with all the other cars in the game: the driveline modelling doesn't make sense to me. Not even after this update.

What bugs me the most is its selective nature, I mean there are corners where the car is a pig and doesn't want to rotate, and there are other corners where the cars magically drive themselves. At some point there is no on-throttle oversteer, at another (same car, same track) there's tons of on-throttle oversteer. It feels almost like if I was controlling scripts with my right foot, and not a simulation of a mechanical driveline. I know many AMS2 fans are mad at GamerMuscle about him saying that there's no lift off oversteer in the game, but let's face it: it's true. I simply cannot react to certain situations the way I react in every other sims, so I guess it's not my driving skills... But of course I could say things like "those who don't feel these flaws have no skills". But I won't. The problem remains: this is the only sim in which I feel this awkward behaviour of the driveline.

In spite of this issue, I enjoy my offline races in AMS2 and it certainly goes in the right direction.

I feel the same, just try out the Formula Vee in AMS1 and RF2. Then try it in AMS2.

The cars in AMS2 lack the lift off oversteer totally. I know not every car has lift off oversteer, but most cars with the motor in the back or in the middle has. And some really fun to drive hatchbacks..

Vilmos Vas

Premium
I feel the same, just try out the Formula Vee in AMS1 and RF2. Then try it in AMS2.

The cars in AMS2 lack the lift off oversteer totally. I know not every car has lift off oversteer, but most cars with the motor in the back or in the middle has. And some really fun to drive hatchbacks..

True, but I must admit, I'm having a great time in the Formula Trainer in AMS2. It's huge fun! The stock cars are also quite nice to drive, and I've tried the Academy version of the Caterhams, which was immense fun too.

I've tested a few more car/track combos in the last few days and other than the strange behaviour of the LSD diff cars (even if they've improved with this build), I just pinpointed my main problem with car handling in AMS2: what I wrote about those corners, in which cars tend to "drive themselves", it's actually like driving through ruts in real life. The track is apparently smooth, but it still behaves like if there was a massive rut which drives the car almost like railtracks do trains. It has something to do with the meshes of the tracks I guess, and the way the physics/FFB react to them. There are certain point, where the steering wheel starts to pull to one direction, even for one whole second and I can't do anything against it. Every time I hit that part on the track, the car does the same, even at lower speeds. I must tell, my T300 is in mint condition, and this is the only title where it behaves like this, so this problem is not hardware related. Interestingly, these weird spots are mostly at the edge of the road, mostly at the most outside line of a turn, but sometimes even in the straights. It feels to me, that probably the road mesh is lower resolution there, I don't know? But it's definitely strange. One more thing: this phenomenon usually gets more apparent after 4-5 laps. Is it related to tyre temperatures and grip?

Anyways, I do enjoy AMS2 so currently I can get over it, and enjoy it for what it is. There's great potential in this sim!

OK, one final note: I was really happy when Reiza announced the GT3 and GT4 cars. Not because I can't live without these classes, but because they are part of the Imperio Endurance Brasil championship. After releasing these cars, my biggest problem was that there were not enough "slots" in offline multiclass racing, to include all the classes present in the real life series. After this latest update, Reiza raised the number of classes from 4 to 8, so that's great! Now, my biggest problem is that we don't have official real life liveries for the GT3 and GT4 cars. @Renato Simioni : are there any plans including real life Brazilian liveries in these classes?

bgil66

@Simberia
I just did some laps after the Easter weekend beer-a-thon and it feels great, but still IMO some of the cars dont, which is fine as it will take time of course, there are loads of cars to sort out.

I love merc GT3 in this sim.

Just did some laps on Nurburgring on AC then AMS2, same car etc, AMS2 has it for me on that combo, but then on others AC has it.

Which is fine, i can just switch between them.

Hope for the future would be the race day experience that ACC gives you, they have that in the bag currently imo.
Yup the Merc GT3 is great just had a go at Snetterton

The Vee has too low tyre pressures by default, increase them to 1.5-1.6 bar and it becomes much more lively. It's an open differential car so has plenty of lift-off oversteer.

Every Car has lift off --> more tendence to oversteer, because "mass transfer".

A Rear-Engine model - typical more than a mid-engine.
Front Engine models also, the behavior is to optimize about setup.
In the Game AMS2 its seems "wolftree" - to increase the tyre pressure - Formula Vee model

First of all, thank you Raiza, Obrigado !!!!
But....
Please don't forget about virtual reality, it's still not possible to adjust the mirrors and it's boring.
When I am sitting in my car, the exterior mirrors show me the road but too low. To see my opponents I have to bow my head to see where they are.
With the graphics engine of Project Cars 2 (the physics engine has nothing to do, for those who still believe in it) with the graphics engine therefore, which is the same as Automobilista 2, it was possible to adjust the mirrors in reality Virtual.
This is the only area where PC2 is better than AMS2.
I'm addicted to your sim, please fix this serious problem.

blot

Premium
I love my Ftruck! They are too bouncy in AMS2 and the engine audio is so sub par compared to FTruck 2013! I just keep going back to the latter to get my Ftruck fix! I don't give a hoot about the graphics, I love the FFB and the audio! The engine sound is so much more bassey and purposeful in Ftruck 2013! It really pumps me up! :roflmao:

Last edited:
Well driving has become so good in this patch, provided you get your setup right, maybe use an online video source for such things, I have turned on full impacting damage. And it remains relatively non-tedious to drive and race...yes if you don't get back on the race line when over taking they will throw you off lol - same as in rfactor 2 - guess it has to be that way for exploits.

Nord and porsche gt3r, merc gt1 imola, bathurst, you name it, this game got really good.

Not perfect, but look - if one takes audi r8 to Road America in Rfactor2 then you can floor it, brake hard and just try to get the slip angles right at the turns. Sure it races great - and at fast speeds and skill levels that keep you on the good lines long enough to turn in good laps, the game seems designed to floor it hard and brake hard. 'Bobs your uncle' as the saying goes. Badda bing badda boom.

In AMS2 you have to be more nuanced I think. Its maybe not quite as fun but it seems they have more 'room' to play with on the spectrum/physics of the simulation. Maybe some will say its still too slipery not sure, but this is a leap in the right direction irrespective [when you change literally every single value in setup]. I think it will wind up being just that little bit better overall. 2 patches ago I needed to make braking 100%, now it can be 85-90 in order to go fast, so the control is there and there seems to be more speed ability - i.e Raceroom and Rf2 0-100. ... like a colour spectrum...

in AMS 2 its speed ability is -25 to +120.... for example. So you get to manage the throttle more, or maybe they will get rid of that, not sure. Its potentially way better this engine. Certainly feels better I guess, having more definition in there/but naturally it is more work to get to the limit of grip I am supposing for those who are especially good at each track. Maybe thats intended.

- One thing I wonder about and this is especially at Nords... the AI takes a couple of seconds to floor it when leaving the pits. And if you do not jump the lights almost [on any track] you won't catch up to the AI until their slow first turn. I see that being intended but damn it makes starting races well tricky and maybe less than it should be, as its more thrilling to be amongst them... and tricky regarding practice as to the former. Its basically the same for any title though.

- also a positive then, the sound from the helmet cam just got SO much better lately. Put the helmet on and take the gt3 r porsche to nord and get out there, the sound was a lot better than ever before I can remember. like its outside and inside the car at same time/a blend, really good.

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%