Automobilista 2 | Online Racing Now At RaceDepartment

What is your favorite day to race AMS2?

• Total voters
I know its still early doors for the AMS2 club but - for me - the events I'm looking forward to the most will be playing more to AMS2's strength, which is contents difference compared to other platforms.

2 modern Touring Car and 1 modern GT4 event round tracks that are in most/lots of other games? OK, get people in, bums on seats, I get that, but the more maverick combinations that could be put together given whats available, especially adding Random weather slots, will give this a lift.

2 modern Touring Car and 1 modern GT4 event round tracks that are in most/lots of other games?
Since when are Stock Car Brasil, Ginetta G55s and Super V8's in most other current sims? Also, while some may have the time, energy and money to use every sim at once, most don't. So AMS 2 events are not going to be influenced by the content of other sims. They're going to be based on what's fun and what produces the best racing.

I wouldn't hold your breath for weather either to be honest, because the performance impact makes that unlikely without further optimisation by Reiza. Making our racing accessible also means making sure it runs ok on mid-range PCs.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I'm going to have to partially disagree with you. Most of us have other sims, most of those sims have current touring cars and/or GTs. I was more hoping for the less generic (F Vees, F3s, Copa Classic / Fusca / Uno, Old Stocks, Trucks, Sprint Cars, ARCs) to maybe get a run out. Just my own view, though - I know balancing a Club's schedule must be tricky as it has to be about the masses, not the few.

I wasn't aware that weather caused a performance hit, my pc is pretty average, and it hasn't juddered to a halt at any point, but I'll take your word on it. I know Staff research these things when they put events together.

Are there any plans to start running RD AMS2 racing events again? I know the last few were cancelled due to lack of interest, but the recent updates and content really have transformed this sim.

A multiclass GT3/GT4 event around Long Beach or a Group C/Porsche 911 multiclass round Daytona would be fantastic.

Maybe the answer would be to just run an RD casual night of AMS2 racing one evening? Short races, no qualy, random tracks and cars?

UPDATE: Tuesday night's AMS2 races are now official RD club races. :)
Starting on the 4th of January, I'll be hosting weekly races focusing on classics and any other car/track combinations that get the best out of this cracking sim.
Tonight, (Wednesday 29th December) though, there will be one last casual hitout on the public servers. RV Old Bangers @ 8pm UTC.

On Tuesday nights, myself and a few fellow RD racers throw up a server for a couple of hours to have a bit of low key race action.
We usually race older cars or less gizmo enhanced ones for a bit of fun - as we are mostly active in the RD Rf2 Historics on Thursday club, we tend to favour the oldies. 10 lap races, often changeable conditions, all aids off, great stuff!
The server will be up around 8pm GMT (UK time) and will have RD in the title, (though it is in no way an official RD race or server, just an ID). We use the RD rF2 discord channel on the night as it is free at the moment.
All welcome

ams2bmw.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good! Been looking for some ams2 racing after the updates this fall has made the sim feel much better (imho :) ).

Last edited:
That was a good night of races. A pity that the M1 @ Montreal race server crashed, but there is always next week. Will turn the rain off for the next ones or at least make it light rain for a few races. We'll see.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back