Automobilista 2: More News Dropping Tomorrow...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 News Tomorrow.. .jpg

Reiza Studios have teased some more news is heading our way about the upcoming Automobilista 2 racing simulation...

I suspect it is pretty fair to say that the announcement of AMS 2 and change of engine to MADNESS has stirred up the community somewhat, dividing opinion and causing various levels of excitement within pretty much everyone with even a passing interest in the world of virtual motorsport.

With something of an impressive track record in our little niche hobby, I'm sure I'm speaking for the majority here when I say how hungry we are for new news on the title.. and that hunger looks set to be fed tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Automobilista 2 will release for PC December 2019.

For the latest Automobilista 2 news and discussions, head over to the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Breaking news! Tomorrow on the news there will be news. Tomorrow's news of news is today's news!

*edit, fully aware I'm late to the party and this joke is yesterday's old news which in sim racing logic means today is exciting because its news day! News news news they hyped it so it better be good news, love a bit of news. NEWS!

Last edited:
Were F1 cars really so simple back in the grooved tyres era? That front wing looks so basic! Times change. But talking of basic - the skins. Clearly Reiza have had their fingers burnt in the past with F1 liveries but am I the only one who's not really that impressed?

Were F1 cars really so simple back in the grooved tyres era? That front wing looks so basic! Times change. But talking of basic - the skins. Clearly Reiza have had their fingers burnt in the past with F1 liveries but am I the only one who's not really that impressed?
As you said making a mock livery that resembles the actual cars on the grid has stung them in the past, so of course they are steering clear of that...

Still they could add some "sponsors" to make the things cooler.

Preferably simracing names, an RD team and livery would be cool right?

There might be a chance that AMS 2 is very very similar to Pcars 2. So similar that some might be a little upset.

Exactly and why should it not be, every single sim racing title, that used the rFactor 1, ISI Motor Engine felt & looked similar to rFactor 1 or carried flaws from rFactor 1 to their own products, I find it amusing reading all the brown nosing going on here on RD about Reiza, all the praise that it's going to be better than Project CARS2.
Their head of studio has already said the Madness Engine physics & Tyre model are more advanced than the old wooden Tyre model that was in AMS 1, the Steam stats paint a whole different picture, during its life cycle, 391 users all time peak, when it was released on steam March 2016, and from then, the player count as been heading south, tells me it was never ever popular in the niche sim racing community & none sim racing community ie Steam, despite all the praise it gets here on RD only.
In its current form AMS as never interested me, but AMS2 I'm all for it, purely because of the engine it is being produced on, I will defo be buying it for that reason, but users need to give them time to get use to the engine, they did not work wonders with AMS 1 or their previous titles over night, it took them Years, people are only passionate about it because they have financially invested in it. Me! I'll stay neutral & wait until the product is finished and then purchase the base product plus all the dlc, I have faith in the Madness engine. Not just the one person using Microsoft spreadsheet to input numbers into it.

No actual mod support will mean no full car or track mods??

There are car mods for PC2, though with over 200 cars in PC2, I've never felt the need to try the mods. These are no track mods for PC2 as far as I'm aware. Again, with 60 tracks in the game its not the end of the world, though I appreciate AMS2 won't have this number of tracks.

The support for custom skins is limited in PC2. This hasn't bothered me as the supplied skins are pretty good. But if Reiza can open AMS2 to wider use of custom skins it could be of benefit.

Breaking news! Tomorrow on the news there will be news. Tomorrow's news of news is today's news!

*edit, fully aware I'm late to the party and this joke is yesterday's old news which in sim racing logic means today is exciting because its news day! News news news they hyped it so it better be good news, love a bit of news. NEWS!

Old news is still new news if you haven't heard the news until now. Then tomorrow the new news can be old news. Until you find someone who hasn't heard the news & then old news can be both old news & new news at the same time!

Old news is still new news if you haven't heard the news until now. Then tomorrow the new news can be old news. Until you find someone who hasn't heard the news & then old news can be both old news & new news at the same time!
We are from the era that you had to buy newspapers to get the latest news. ;)
And if you were in another country your local newspapers were at least two days old.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back