Automobilista 2 | Early Access Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today deployed the first official Early Access build for their new Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

It's here folks! A new build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2, now publicly available in Steam Early Access has landed!

Release announcement in full:

Automobilista 2 is finally here! We are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time.

Please note that as an Early Access release the game is not yet complete - Time Trial & Championship mode are currently disabled but should become available over the first few weeks of Early Access.

Below are some further known common issues and limitations of:this initial release:
  • UI & HUD are still deep in development, and currently feature the essentials for all game modes to work - this will be expanded with new options & features over the course of EA, with same pages being completely redesigned.
  • Early Access is exclusively in English for the time being; Localization to other languages should only be added in time for the full Release.
  • Driver names, suits and helmets are generic for all series as the whole system is being reestructured (also part of requirements for a revamped Opponents settings and the Custom Championship Tool);
  • All 3D driver animations are still placeholders and may not fully fit the car yet;
  • Other Car-related 3D animations have not been exported which mean suspension arms are graphically static, damage is very limited and wiper are not operational
  • Some series still have WIP or placeholder liveries - these will be updated or expanded over the course of Early Access

The are many other substantial updates to every front of the game planned for Automobilista 2 throughout Early Access and beyond - we´ll be posting regular updates to inform what´s coming up the pipeline as we progress.

AMS 2 EA Release.jpg

FORCE FEEDBACK

Default FFB settings are designed for Logitech G2X series - if you have wheels with stronger motors you should scale those settings down to avoid clipping.

A more detailed guide for FFB settings will follow up soon.

AMS 2 EA Release 2.jpg

FOR THOSE WITH AMS2 BETA INSTALLED

Upon this release AMS2 BETA owners will have two AMS2 apps in their Steam library - the Beta and this Main Release.

Both apps will be the same as of tonight and for the next few days until the next AMS2 Beta update (which may or may not be also deployed to AMS2 Main depending on the importance of the updates).

If you are an exclusively offline racer there is no reason to install the Main Release of AMS2 - you may continue using exclusively AMS2 Beta. If however you plan to race online or run Time Trial mode when it becomes available with non-Beta users, you must install the Main Release.

If you have further questions about AMS2, please make sure to check on our AMS2 FAQ here

Remember folks, although the simulation has moved from closed beta status, the title is still very much in Early Access state. Don't load up expecting a fully realised and finished title just yet, but I'm sure you will agree with me that the road to V1 status is going to be an exciting journey...

AMS 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

Having trouble with the game? Post a new thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and our exceptional community will help you out!

Last edited:
People who have issues with brakes should probably indeed try installing SimHub if they're not using it already and look at how their inputs look in game and how the sensitivity affects it.

Here's my pedal input widget if you don't want to make one:

Its not some people, its a known issue. AMS2 EA is the only sim that does this. Brake pedal outside of AMS is %100 linear from 0-100 (just to test the travel and this issue).

Right now. at this stage, applying slow pressure then right around %70 its instant lock up. There is no even way of creeping up on lockup. Thats why every car I've driven you have to set brake pressure to 80%. %82, there comes that instant lock. There is no 'middle'.

They'll fix it, its not 1.0

It is "some people". Not everyone has this problem. It's an issue for "some" people. Martin was spot on. There are those that don't seem to have the problem, myself included. But I agree, it will get sorted out. I know exactly what my braking pressure is and can feel when I'm getting close to the threshold of locking up. It's gradual. Feels really good, and my braking points are repeatable. CSL V3's.

...possibly adding to that, I find pumping my 'Brake' pedal 3 - 4 times on the Grid before race starts helps...seriously :thumbsdown:....or it could be my Brake potentiometer wearing out.
I don't have AMS2 yet but I can clearly remember that I had to do the same pumping with my brake pedal in iRacing quite a few years ago. So people who have this issue might seriously give it a try - as stupid as it sound it might actually help.

Perhaps I’m missing something, but at the moment are we limited to telemetry access only by software running on the same machine as the game itself? I’m not seeing anything within the game or within any of its folder/file content where you can set a destination IP address to send the telemetry data to.

Does Project Cars or Project Cars 2 have this ability? It would seem very strange to make use of a network protocol for your telemetry data but then provide no way to send that data outside the local machine.
In Project CARS 2, the UDP feed is broadcasted to the whole network. This can cause issues if your router can't handle all the traffic. Unfortunately, there is no way to set a destination IP.

I get your frustration. I never got PC2 to work for me until recently. While others were having a blast. It was so frustrating. Not every setup is experiencing this anomaly. You can't just dismiss those who's experiences with the game differs from yours.

There's no Imaginary cars in AMS 2. Only the liveries

My opinion has changed a little. Yesterday I bought the game, I will leave my message on S3 forum.

"So, im got a couple of hours of play last night.
I like it:
1. Graphics - 10/10 (for my eyes PC2 has always been the best in terms of graphics, shadows, weather).
2. FFB - 8/10. I don't like that the rear tire is "rocking", but not like in RF2.
3. Interface is 7/10. It's not bad, but sometimes it's not clear. For example, change weather in practice and qualifications hidden in the menu is not intuitive.
4. AI - 6/10. I like the crazy AI, not the ACC train. But his madness has to be contained by logic that he doesn't have yet.
5. HUD, 9/10. It's obviously going to change, but for now, I like minimalism very much.
6. Content is 7/10. That's a personal opinion and it won't be objective. I like Stock car, V8(its Holden?) and Fromula V12/10. I'm not interested in anything else, just waiting for DTM. Stock Car is very nice.
7. The price is 10/10. For my country, that's 7$.
8. Optimization - 10/10. It's nice to see a game that uses not only 1/2 cores.

Season Pass bought after that little test. Reiza became synonymous with quality for me after Reiza TrackPack for RF2 was released. For EA, everything works very well. Reiza is doing great.

And, yes, it's not PC2.5. "

On the whole, it reminds me of the ACC release. At the time, I unfortunately was one of the few people who didn't hate the game and were understanding it. I will keep the same opinion about AMS2 - dev are not blind and will make changes in the game. I think everything will be fine in the summer.

Last edited:
Most of us are experienced and have most racing simulators available, and so I can say that this is not quite how it should be.
So are you an elitist? How much experience does it take to know you can't brake correctly? Of course it isn't how it should be.....for some. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't matter what kind of rig you have. It doesn't take a Schumacher to know when the brakes aren't behaving correctly. I mean the software.
It's like me saying everyone on this forum is named fred, because my name is fred (it isn't). And don't tell me I'm wrong, for I have a lot of experince being fred. Get my meaning, Fred?

I do not think that this is a problem only for some people. Today I even wrote down how it looks and I don’t think it should be like this (ABS high):

sorry for the quality :rolleyes:

Hey you stayed on track, not so bad, friction was kind for you. Next time, in case it is available in setup, use harder differential settings, maybe more rear aero, perhaps stiffer front suspension, maybe softer rear rebound. ABS with or without has little to do with this, though high abs is probably more likely to lead to such effect.

Most of us are experienced and have most racing simulators available, and so I can say that this is not quite how it should be.
I think you're missing the point somewhat. Nobody is saying that there isn't an issue for some. The point we're trying to make is that not everyone is having issues. You can't tell people they are having problems when they clearly are not. Normally you'd be more than welcome to come over here and test AMS 2 on my rig with my settings, but with the world lockdown that isn't possible right now. So you'll just have to take our word for it.

Although I am loving it overall so far, I too am having issues with the braking in AMS 2. Reducing the brake sensitivity to 20% does seem to have helped somewhat.

Clearly there are quite a number of us experiencing this, BUT.... as Ross says, clearly many others are not - it is not a universal issue.

Regardless, I have every confidence that Reiza will sort this and the other issues in-game - they are obviously aware of them and the game is only just started EA after all.

From my perspective, all the issues I have found are small compared to the many positives in the game and the big grins it has caused me to have...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back