Automobilista 2 | Early Access Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today deployed the first official Early Access build for their new Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

It's here folks! A new build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2, now publicly available in Steam Early Access has landed!

Release announcement in full:

Automobilista 2 is finally here! We are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time.

Please note that as an Early Access release the game is not yet complete - Time Trial & Championship mode are currently disabled but should become available over the first few weeks of Early Access.

Below are some further known common issues and limitations of:this initial release:
  • UI & HUD are still deep in development, and currently feature the essentials for all game modes to work - this will be expanded with new options & features over the course of EA, with same pages being completely redesigned.
  • Early Access is exclusively in English for the time being; Localization to other languages should only be added in time for the full Release.
  • Driver names, suits and helmets are generic for all series as the whole system is being reestructured (also part of requirements for a revamped Opponents settings and the Custom Championship Tool);
  • All 3D driver animations are still placeholders and may not fully fit the car yet;
  • Other Car-related 3D animations have not been exported which mean suspension arms are graphically static, damage is very limited and wiper are not operational
  • Some series still have WIP or placeholder liveries - these will be updated or expanded over the course of Early Access

The are many other substantial updates to every front of the game planned for Automobilista 2 throughout Early Access and beyond - we´ll be posting regular updates to inform what´s coming up the pipeline as we progress.

AMS 2 EA Release.jpg

FORCE FEEDBACK

Default FFB settings are designed for Logitech G2X series - if you have wheels with stronger motors you should scale those settings down to avoid clipping.

A more detailed guide for FFB settings will follow up soon.

AMS 2 EA Release 2.jpg

FOR THOSE WITH AMS2 BETA INSTALLED

Upon this release AMS2 BETA owners will have two AMS2 apps in their Steam library - the Beta and this Main Release.

Both apps will be the same as of tonight and for the next few days until the next AMS2 Beta update (which may or may not be also deployed to AMS2 Main depending on the importance of the updates).

If you are an exclusively offline racer there is no reason to install the Main Release of AMS2 - you may continue using exclusively AMS2 Beta. If however you plan to race online or run Time Trial mode when it becomes available with non-Beta users, you must install the Main Release.

If you have further questions about AMS2, please make sure to check on our AMS2 FAQ here

Remember folks, although the simulation has moved from closed beta status, the title is still very much in Early Access state. Don't load up expecting a fully realised and finished title just yet, but I'm sure you will agree with me that the road to V1 status is going to be an exciting journey...

AMS 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

Having trouble with the game? Post a new thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and our exceptional community will help you out!

Last edited:
Installed simhub but no Automobilista 2 option.
Back in late February Heitor from Reiza said over on their forums that telemetry should be the same API as PCars 2 and that there were no changes he was aware of.

User Iko Rein has Telemetry Applicatgion 9.2_1 posted under the F1 2019 Mods section here at RD. The description states that it supports PC2 so it may be worth giving it a go. I probably won't be able to get around to trying it until later tonight or tomorrow.

Potentially Important Note:
This is a Java application so you may want to skip it if you have issues or concerns about having Java installed on your computer.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-application.27456/

Is there a way to remove the anoying excessive vertical camera shake???....it really ruins the game.
I did manage to get a good FFB setting but the visuals of the game are soooooo Arcade with this cartoonish camera shaking thing.

Last edited:
Perhaps I’m missing something, but at the moment are we limited to telemetry access only by software running on the same machine as the game itself? I’m not seeing anything within the game or within any of its folder/file content where you can set a destination IP address to send the telemetry data to.

Does Project Cars or Project Cars 2 have this ability? It would seem very strange to make use of a network protocol for your telemetry data but then provide no way to send that data outside the local machine.

But... besides the track side objects being limited, what most dissapoints me, and for me it ruins the
overall look of the Sim are the trees: they don't look realistic, most of what I've seen on several tracks
look the same 2D very rounded leafy, copy/paste, too light green trees.

Most of tree textures are still placeholders. Some tracks have better trees, some worse at the moment. But it is also not only about trees themselves, it is very dependant on HDR settings, lighting, ambient light which is fully dynamic and real-time reflecting the overall scene. Also improvements to a2c are underway, but it's all a complex approach from many different angles, so it'll be gradually progressing. Just like we've progressed with AMS1 trees. Its been quite a jorney to the state of how they look at Spielberg or Buskerud.
Plus side is you can have thousands of them this way, and they won't pop up or change it's lighting behaviour approaching from the distance.
3D trees are also planned for some tracks. Not to be placed everywhere around the tracks, but in some key places where rotation is too obviously visible. This and other things graphics-related, are the developements that go slowly in the background constantly, in between new content builds and updates.

Most of tree textures are still placeholders. Some tracks have better trees, some worse at the moment. But it is also not only about trees themselves, it is very dependant on HDR settings, lighting, ambient light which is fully dynamic and real-time reflecting the overall scene. Also improvements to a2c are underway, but it's all a complex approach from many different angles, so it'll be gradually progressing. Just like we've progressed with AMS1 trees. Its been quite a jorney to the state of how they look at Spielberg or Buskerud.
Plus side is you can have thousands of them this way, and they won't pop up or change it's lighting behaviour approaching from the distance.
3D trees are also planned for some tracks. Not to be placed everywhere around the tracks, but in some key places where rotation is too obviously visible. This and other things graphics-related, are the developements that go slowly in the background constantly, in between new content builds and updates.

Thanks for the input, and sorry for being picky about the trees, but I want AMS 2 to be as nice as possible, and I thought that the actual trees shown so far could be easily redone... my gripe is
more a hint than anything else. And, by the way, those trees in the Live for Speed video clip I
posted do look great, don't they? I love them! Hehe. Also, the trees in ACC and the latest in
rFactor 2, like the ones in Nords track are very realistic to me (hint) :)

No, I wouldn't exchange not even a single one of those driver's cars in AMS2 with the same GT3 pack as some people commented.

And no, I won't add more pain in the trunk and use external software to see a hud or to listen to a spotter when the engine can activate them only by one click.

I notice lots of comments on here about oversensitive brakes. Can I suggest that anyone who hasn't done so tries calibrating their pedals in game, made a huge difference for me. Brakes feel progressive and as they should do for me after calibrating.
Yeah, lots of folks with CSL V3's were having problems. I have those pedals and as of yet, have no issues with my pedals. Hope it gets sorted out for them.

Last edited:
The oversensitive braking issue is very curious to me. A lot of the people complaining about it on Rieza's forums are using the same pedals as me (Fanatec clubsport V3.). I haven't had any problems with braking since I started testing the game in beta 1. The cars in AMS2 don't brake any different for me than they do in any other sim, including ACC, rF2, Raceroom, etc. I'm curious to see what the remedy for these people with the braking problem is. I gotta believe they aren't set up right, or calibrated right, because with the same pedal set I am having no problems.
Agreed. I don't doubt their legitimacy, I just wonder what is causing their issues.

i was think that season pass cost was a 1st april joke, but looks like it's real... Since i was following the projects seems to me strange i never notice this til today.
Pretty sad since the EA price for base game is very resonable. You know what you bought, you know that it'll not be perfect and will be under heavy development. And so on.
But the actual cost of season pass is three times the cost of EA (and first automobilista season pass)
Rezia are small, taxes in Brasil are high, simracing is niche, licenses are expensive but those add-on prices are gone too much high and high...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.