Automobilista 2 Content Manager

Other Automobilista 2 Content Manager 0.3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
For some reason it gives me this error:

Error: Cannot find AMS2 on Steam
Press any key to exit.

Steam AppId is 1066890, in the the Betas section its selceted none

At the moment, building the source code requires an additional NuGet source (that you can find in the GitHub actions build). This is because it relies on a modified version of PCarsTools (built as a library and not as an executable, as well as with some other changes).

For now I don't think we need a command line argument, just to check both App IDs and find the first one that is installed. Later I plan to add a configuration file where all those parameters can be configured.

Have raised a Pull Request and built an artifact (at the end of this build) that should detect both versions. I don't have access to the beta so can't test it myself.
It would be good to support both versions (I have both downloaded) not just first one you find by id. That's why I was going the argument route, easy to just add the argument to switch between versions. Changing config file works as well, just a little more involved.

It would be good to support both versions (I have both downloaded) not just first one you find by id. That's why I was going the argument route, easy to just add the argument to switch between versions. Changing config file works as well, just a little more involved.
Yep, I understand now and my initial attempt didn't work. I have an idea on how to achieve both at the same time. Hope to have something later today or tomorrow.

I have the Mods/Enabled folder in AMS2 but when I extract the AMS2CM and try to run the app, it does not open up anything. I tried running as administrator, but nothing happens. Do you have any idea what is going on?

paoloambrosio updated Automobilista 2 Content Manager with a new update entry:

Maintenance release 0.1.5

From this release, it is possible to configure AMS2CM via a config file or command line parameters (see instructions). It is perhaps something that not everyone will use, but grants more flexibility to advanced users. One usage is to support beta releases by providing an alternative Steam App ID and game directory.

Other minor improvements include:
  • Fixed a bug, adding support for the NAMeS mod series and all other mods that only contain a userdata folder...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi. I take it that this version does actually support Brno? Because it is not listed. This really is a great tool. Thank you for all your efforts.
Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, it does support Brno and it's the track that I use the most for testing because it's small. I simply forgot to add it to the list of tested mods!

FWIW, I'm on Windows 10, and yesterday out of the blue (well not really, given all the AI-files for mods I've been testing lately) I received this error: "Error: Bootfiles installed by another tool (e.g. JSGME) have been detected. Please uninstall all mods." LOL, I surely haven't used JSGME once after switching over to AMS2CM!

I simply initialized a Steam integrity check, and after Steam downloaded what it needed, AMS2CM worked normally again.

Last edited:
FWIW, I'm on Windows 10, and yesterday out of the blue (well not really, given all the AI-files for mods I've been testing lately) I received this error: "Error: Bootfiles installed by another tool (e.g. JSGME) have been detected. Please uninstall all mods." LOL, I surely haven't used JSGME once after switching over to AMS2CM!

I simply initialized a Steam integrity check, and after Steam downloaded what it needed, AMS2CM worked normally again.
Thanks for reporting this. It never happened to me on Windows 10, but don't exclude some sort of bug.
That check is based on "Pakfiles\PHYSICSPERSISTENT.bff" being missing (indication of bootfiles installed) when CM thinks that there is nothing installed.

Hello

Great work really you are doing for the community

I am on Windows 10 and was using 1.2 until today where I tried to reinstall existing mods and install new ones thus with 1.5 latest version of AMS2CM.

but I am getting this error message which I assume is related to bootfiles. I thought it was not necessary anymore to put the bootfile for installation

Error: Could not find file 'F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Pakfiles\BOOTFLOW.bff'

or is that because it deleted bootfile so I need to do a Game integrity check that will bring this particular one back so I can use AMS2CM again?

EDIT Apologize for the panic message, Game integrity did the trick and everything was installed. First tests at Fuji with a Porsche Mod showing me all is good. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Looking at the mod, I expect the road tracks and short ovals configurations to work out of the box, but not speedway and superspeedway: steps 1 and 2 in the guide should work, but 3 and 4 should not. At the moment there is no way in AMS2CM to select mod options (neither is possible using JSGME).

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back