Automobilista 2 Content Manager

Other Automobilista 2 Content Manager 0.3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
paoloambrosio submitted a new resource:

Automobilista 2 Content Manager - Simple tool to keep Automobilista 2 mods in sync automatically

Usage​

Create a Mods/Enabled directory in your AMS2 installation directory and place in there all mod archives - don't extract them! For car and track mods, download and place the bootfiles for the right AMS2 version in the same directory. Finally run AMS2CM.exe to install all mods.

This will:
  • restore the original state (before the previous run)
  • extract all mods into a...

Read more about this resource...

How does CM handle updates of mods?
Replacing the mod archive in the Mods/Enabled directory should work: I have just upgraded the Indycar 2023 mod myself from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 this way. I'll add it to the instructions.
At the moment the software does a complete reinstall (uninstall followed by install and update of vehiclelist, tracklist and driveline files). In the next few weeks I plan to implement updates to speed up things especially when many mods are installed or for slow hard drives.

Replacing the mod archive in the Mods/Enabled directory should work: I have just upgraded the Indycar 2023 mod myself from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 this way. I'll add it to the instructions.
At the moment the software does a complete reinstall (uninstall followed by install and update of vehiclelist, tracklist and driveline files). In the next few weeks I plan to implement updates to speed up things especially when many mods are installed or for slow hard drives.
Thank you, sounds very promising.

Hi, awesome to see this! Let me know what do you need me to tweak on the Indycar and I'll update it with the new version we are preparing.

Also, there's someone else working on a content manager like app. Are you interested in collab?
The only issues with your brilliant Indycar mod was that one crd files ("IR-18_2023_Dale_Coyne_hr.crd") didn't have to be registered or it would clash with the non-hr version. Also most users won't want the custom team ("IR-18_2023_My_Team.crd"). Both files are now blacklisted in AMS2CM. I have just tried upgrading to version 1.0.3 and it still works.

I'll need a couple of weeks to bring it to a stable state before I'm able to accept contributions. I would also love to work with modders to come up with a configuration format to remove all guesswork and be able to handle optional aspects of the mod (e.g. "my team", different tyre compounds). I'll reach out soon!

Ok All the mods were installed wonderfully, also super fast.

Edited: I had a problem with Project Cars 2 Common Trees (the trees) does not activate. I solved it by unzipping in MODS and activating with JSGME.exe

Last edited:
clicking the .exe doesnt do anything for me
That seems to happen when the .NET Runtime is not installed (download link in the prerequisite section). To understand the problem you can try running it on the PowerShell:
  • Open the directory where you have extracted AMS2CM
  • From the File menu select "Open Windows PowerShell" / "Open Windows PowerShell"
  • In the shell execute .\AMS2CM
That should give you an indication of why the programme cannot be started.

Attachments

• run-powershell.png
    run-powershell.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 155
  • run-ams2cm-powershell.png
    run-ams2cm-powershell.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
paoloambrosio updated Automobilista 2 Content Manager with a new update entry:

Maintenance release 0.1.2

Some minor changes:
  • More resilient installs: it will try to leave the system in a clean state even when it fails to install all files in a mod.
  • Detect installed bootfiles by JSGME and abort to avoid conflicts.
  • Abort if it detects that the game is running.
  • Add comment delimiters in config: this is both for convenience and to later allow updates instead of complete uninstall/install.
The main functionality of the tool does not change.

Read the rest of this update entry...

That seems to happen when the .NET Runtime is not installed (download link in the prerequisite section). To understand the problem you can try running it on the PowerShell:
  • Open the directory where you have extracted AMS2CM
  • From the File menu select "Open Windows PowerShell" / "Open Windows PowerShell"
  • In the shell execute .\AMS2CM
That should give you an indication of why the programme cannot be started.
yah i saw someone post it in the review section right after I posted. Got it working. Thanks for the great tool.

Testing Content Manager 0.1.2 on a fresh installation. The result of the installation is in the attached file, error with the indycar. With the CM 0.1.1 version I didn't install the textures of the trees, with this one I did. The circuits and cars appear duplicated in the menu. See images.

Attachments

• duplicados.png
    duplicados.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Uninstalling mods.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 78
In the files tracklist.lst and vehiclelist.lst is the problem of duplication. They are scored repeatedly.

Last edited:
Testing Content Manager 0.1.2 on a fresh installation. The result of the installation is in the attached file, error with the indycar. With the CM 0.1.1 version I didn't install the textures of the trees, with this one I did. The circuits and cars appear duplicated in the menu. See images.
I've taken a look at ThunderFlash's mods and I think that's what is causing the issues. They seem to come with bootfiles pre-configured for every other mod under the sun, resulting in duplicate entries.
I understand why Frederic has done it, but I wish he had packaged his mods individually like all other modders. Hopefully, with the release of this tool, he'll release a version of his mods that use a more conventional layout.
I'll have a think if we can support his mods out of the box and reach out to him when I have some time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.