Automobilista 2 Content Manager

Other Automobilista 2 Content Manager 0.3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for all your work on this mod, it's much appreciated. I've got one small issue though, I've followed the steps (I think!) for the ThunderFlash Converter, but I receive this error when running AMS2CM:

Error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Mods\Temp\1bb3869d-7b55-4f70-b457-0d1aa41cf01f\__bootfiles_generated\vehicles\_data\effects\backfire'.
Press any key to exit.

When I run AMS2, the Project Cars Modding Team mods appear but not the ThunderFlash ones.
Have I missed a step somewhere?

********EDIT: Issue solved********

Last edited:
I put it all in the same folder as seen in the image. It opens a black window and closes automatically without doing anything.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for bothering to help us.

* I even added a Mods folder with all the mods inside afterwards as well. It gives the same result.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Excellent that the Thunderflash mods can be used now with the addition of the script file. IMO those mods are a must have.

Thanks to paoloambrosio for recognising this and integrating it into AMS2CM.

AMS2CM is a great app and has introduced new people into AMS2 modding with ease. May it continue to develop and be better than ACCM.

Thank you modders.

Hi, I get this error when CM tries to create bootfiles. Any tips how to fix it?
Error: Could not find file 'G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Pakfiles\PHYSICSPERSISTENT.bff'

I already tried to restore gamefiles via steam

Last edited:
All the mods get installed except for the InMotion, which was recently released by Kaos modding, it shows in AMS2CM as installed but does not appear ingame.

All the mods get installed except for the InMotion, which was recently released by Kaos modding, it shows in AMS2CM as installed but does not appear ingame.
I got it working , by extracting the zip inside the zip download, then saving unzipped as a new zip using 7zip, then adding to Mods/enabled folder and used the read-me that you will find in the previously extracted in motion mod folder to edit/Add too the vehicle list and driveline files in Bootfiles before running CM.

I got it working , by extracting the zip inside the zip download, then saving unzipped as a new zip using 7zip, then adding to Mods/enabled folder and used the read-me that you will find in the previously extracted in motion mod folder to edit/Add too the vehicle list and driveline files in Bootfiles before running CM.
Thanks, will try that!

Running on Win11, with .NET Runtime 6.0.0 (x64) installed.
1684526908096.png

Uninstalling mods:
- AMS2_INDYCAR_2023_V1.0.4
- BRNO
- Mojave_Track_Pack
Installing mods:
- BRNO
- Mojave_Track_Pack
Extracting bootfiles from game
Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Syroot.BinaryData, Version=5.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to exit.

I'm assuming this doesn't work with the beta version of AMS2? I followed the install directions and it said AMS2 couldn't be found.

EDIT: Yes, that was the issue. Installed the regular version and it worked.

Last edited:
I put it all in the same folder as seen in the image. It opens a black window and closes automatically without doing anything.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for bothering to help us.

* I even added a Mods folder with all the mods inside afterwards as well. It gives the same result.

This is probably not relevant with ThunderFlash mods 3.0, but I later added instructions on how to to run it on Windows 11. There was an extra step that wasn't needed on Windows 10.

Hi, I get this error when CM tries to create bootfiles. Any tips how to fix it?
Error: Could not find file 'G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Pakfiles\PHYSICSPERSISTENT.bff'

I already tried to restore gamefiles via steam

I received a report that you have to grant full write access to the AMS2 game folder on Windows 11 (I use Windows 10 and didn't have to do it).

I received a report that you have to grant full write access to the AMS2 game folder on Windows 11 (I use Windows 10 and didn't have to do it).
it‘s really strange behaviour and when I just checked the folder had again its original write/read settings. I assume Steam is resetting the folder properties.

What happened with the physics file is sometimes it couldn’t be found because the .bff was renamed to .bff.orig

in very rare cases the file was deleted completely and had to be restored via steam.

In the end I was able to install without any errors though

Last edited:
I'm assuming this doesn't work with the beta version of AMS2? I followed the install directions and it said AMS2 couldn't be found.

EDIT: Yes, that was the issue. Installed the regular version and it worked.

Perhaps the beta version uses a different Steam AppID? That's what I use to find the installation directory. Might have the same issue with RC builds. I'll look into it.

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Syroot.BinaryData, Version=5.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to exit.
Please make sure that Syroot.BinaryData.dll hasn't been deleted by accident, and is still present in the same directory as AMS2CM.exe. I cannot think of a reason why it wouldn't be able to find it there.

Actually this is quite funny: the inner archive is a rar file, not zip! Saw a warning on 7zip while extracting it.

After extracting the outer archive (not sure why it's even there), all you have to do is change the extension from zip to rar and AMS2CM will do its job. Added to the instructions for that mod.

Thanks!

Running on Win11, with .NET Runtime 6.0.0 (x64) installed.
View attachment 665064
Uninstalling mods:
- BRNO
- Mojave_Track_Pack
Installing mods:
- BRNO
- Mojave_Track_Pack
Extracting bootfiles from game
Press any key to exit.
For some reason, when I extracted your program, I missed a bunch of DLL's. I downloaded your latest build from github and it worked, thanks

Perhaps the beta version uses a different Steam AppID? That's what I use to find the installation directory. Might have the same issue with RC builds. I'll look into it.
The beta is Steam AppID 1066880. I tried to download your code and make an option to support both beta and release with a command line flag (was going to post an MR to your repo), but the PCarsTools Nuget package 1.1.2.5 isn't available anywhere, so I couldn't build it.

The beta is Steam AppID 1066880. I tried to download your code and make an option to support both beta and release with a command line flag (was going to post an MR to your repo), but the PCarsTools Nuget package 1.1.2.5 isn't available anywhere, so I couldn't build it.
At the moment, building the source code requires an additional NuGet source (that you can find in the GitHub actions build). This is because it relies on a modified version of PCarsTools (built as a library and not as an executable, as well as with some other changes).

For now I don't think we need a command line argument, just to check both App IDs and find the first one that is installed. Later I plan to add a configuration file where all those parameters can be configured.

Have raised a Pull Request and built an artifact (at the end of this build) that should detect both versions. I don't have access to the beta so can't test it myself.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 34.5%