Automobilista 2 Content Manager

Other Automobilista 2 Content Manager 0.3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
AMS2CM_logo.png

AMS2CM_icon.png

Fixed logo

Icon can probably still use some work, but good enough for now

Last edited:
I've taken a look at ThunderFlash's mods and I think that's what is causing the issues. They seem to come with bootfiles pre-configured for every other mod under the sun, resulting in duplicate entries.
I understand why Frederic has done it, but I wish he had packaged his mods individually like all other modders. Hopefully, with the release of this tool, he'll release a version of his mods that use a more conventional layout.
I'll have a think if we can support his mods out of the box and reach out to him when I have some time.
That's how it is. Thank you very much, I hope we manage to have everything unified

Hi - Firstly - thank you very much for all your efforts here - the idea is wonderful.

For me in practise no success so far.... any ideas by chance ?

Below is with a fresh install as my previous install it ran ok with no errors but no mods show up in game. There is no driveline.rg file or driveline folder in the fresh install or previous install (I did get the IndyCar mod workign in the old install usingh the old method).

Uninstalling mods:
- AMS2_INDYCAR_2023_V1.0.3
- BRNO
- ByKolles ENSO CLM P1-01
- Dodge Viper SRT10 10 AMS2 (V1.45)
- Ferrari 250 GTO v1.4.5
- Ferrari_FXX-K v1.4.5
- PC2_common_3D_trees
- Sugo
Installing mods:
- BRNO
- Ferrari 250 GTO v1.4.5
- Ferrari_FXX-K v1.4.5
- PC2_common_3D_trees
- Sugo
Post-processing:
- Appending crd file entries
- Appending trd file entries
- Appending driveline records
Error: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\vehicles\physics\driveline\driveline.rg'.
Press any key to exit.

paoloambrosio updated Automobilista 2 Content Manager with a new update entry:

Notes on updating AMS2

Reiza has teased a juicy content update for this weekend. Make sure you read the "Updating the Game" section before the new content drops...

Like for manual installations, this software currently requires automatic updates to be disabled when using cars or track mods:

• Navigate to your Steam Library
  • Right click on "Automobilista 2" and choose "Properties..."
  • In the "Updates" section switch from "Always...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Installing mods:
- BRNO
- Ferrari 250 GTO v1.4.5
- Ferrari_FXX-K v1.4.5
- PC2_common_3D_trees
- Sugo
Post-processing:
- Appending crd file entries
- Appending trd file entries
- Appending driveline records
Error: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\vehicles\physics\driveline\driveline.rg'.
Press any key to exit.
Hi, it looks like you are simply missing the bootfiles in Mods\Enabled. There's a download link in the prerequisites; the current version is "__bootfiles_1.4.6.4.7z" (unless Reiza releases the new version before you read this). Remember to keep the leading underscores in the name.

Hi, it looks like you are simply missing the bootfiles in Mods\Enabled. There's a download link in the prerequisites; the current version is "__bootfiles_1.4.6.4.7z" (unless Reiza releases the new version before you read this). Remember to keep the leading underscores in the name.
Thank you - (both for the fix and not making me look any more stupid than I already do :))

I had them in the folder but - unzipped.... follow instructions and viola.....who knew!

Thank you very much!

No problem, use em as you like. Just let me know if you need something else, no guarantees though :whistling:
No credit needed on any releases or whatever, as long as I don't need to code anything or linger in old (JGME) interfaces, I'm coming out on top xD

Last edited:
No problem, use em as you like. Just let me know if you need something else, no guarantees though :whistling:
No credit needed on any releases or whatever, as long as I don't need to code anything or linger in old (JGME) interfaces, I'm coming out on top xD
You are credited both in the alternative text and at the end of the main page :) Thanks again!

Development Preview 0.2.0

Before taking a short break from development to practice for an upcoming endurance race, I want to share an update on what I've been up to in the past few weeks.

Some people are not too keen on text based interfaces, so I've been working on a GUI. The first version will be rather basic, but it should be enough to convince everyone that it still using JSGME. This is a short video on the current progress.

So glad to have found this, since the manual method (JSGME) has been working only partially for me... Some of the mods I couldn't get to work. So thank you very much Paolo! I just bought you a couple of coffees to show my appreciation.

Last edited:

Bootfiles? Where we're going, we don't need bootfiles!

As we know from AMS2's April Development Update by Reiza, they are working on removing the requirement bootfiles to install mods. This update removes it as a requirement when using the Content Manager.

There is no need to put bootfiles in the Mods\Enabled directory anymore. Behind the scenes, AMS2CM will generate them from game files when they are...

Unable to install any mods, says:
"- desktop
Error: desktop.ini is no a known archive type"
Needless to say I don't know what this desktop.ini is and as far as I can find there isn't such file anywhere in AMS2's directory neither in the mod's archives.. Started after trying to install VRC's mods, happens even if the Enabled folder is empty.

Hopefully a fix to "Unable to load DLL"

Some users are getting "Unable to load DLL 'oo2core_7_win64'" with version 0.1.3. I was not able to reproduce it, but I have implemented a workaround that will hopefully solve or at least alleviate the problem.

If you still get "Unable to load DLL 'oo2core_4_win64'" (with a 4 this time), just copy that dll from the game directory to where you extracted the Content Manager.

Technically...
  • I have switched from oo2core_7 to oo2core_4. The latter is present in the game...

If it's any use...... 0.1.4 worked correctly adding __botfiles,(modified driveline to add thunderflash mods). If I don't add __botfiles it installs all the mods but the game crashes on the first image.

Attachments

• Uninstalling mods.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 40
Here's a general tip for AMS2CM users: Go into your mods folder and make .7z versions of each and every season mod etc. that you already have installed and move all the zipped versions of these mods into the Enabled folder. Zipping folders of your favorite working mods directly within the \mods folder ensures the proper path for AMS2CM to read the newly-made 7z versions. After that, you can delete the source files and activate all your usual mods from the Enabled folder whenever AMS2CM does its thing.

For example, a livery mod .7z file should simply follow the mod-name\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries …pathway (i.e., do not include the “Automobilista 2” folder in the path). Ideally, all current AMS2 mods ought to have the “Automobilista 2” removed from their 7z folder structure. AMS2 modding has finally advanced to the point that blindly unzipping into the AMS2 master directory is a recipe for eventual disaster.

Last edited:
On my end, AMS2CM activated all of the following mods without issue:

F-Vintage Gen1: F1 1967
F-Vintage Gen2: F1 1969
F-Retro Gen 1: F1 1974
F-Retro Gen 2: F1 1978
F-Retro Gen 3: F1 1983
F-Classic Gen1: F1 1986
F-Classic Gen 2: F1 1988
F-Classic Gen 4: F1 1991 (The Gen 3 mod converted to Gen 4 specs)
F-V12: F1 1995
F-V10 Gen1: F1 1997
F-V10 Gen 2: Either F1 2001
F-Reiza: F1 2012
F-Ultimate 2019: Either F1 2020
F-Ultimate Gen2: Either F1 2022 Ultimate
F-USA Gen 1: IndyCar 1995
F-USA Gen 2: CART 1998
F-USA Gen 3: Either CART 2000
DPi: The one with 15 skins
Group A: DTM
Group C: WSC 1988
GTI: Various skins w/ custom-AI
BMW M1 Procar: 1979/80
SuperV8: V8 Supercars
TC70S: 911 RSR & Corvette C3-R skins w/ custom-AI
NAMeS: A minimal version including custom-AI files for all of AMS2 not covered by the above mods.

All I had to do is ensure that each mod had the following folder structure:

Example: F1 1983 mod v.2.2:

My F1 1983.7z file contains a folder named F1 1983 2.2 (the .7z file name and mod folder name do not have to match). Inside the F1 1983 2.2 folder are UserData & Vehicles folders with the following pathways:

F1 1983 2.2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers\
and
F1 1983 2.2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\

Every mod that respected this structure loaded quickly and correctly. Initially, the NAMeS custom-AI only mod did not load (no errors reported, but an empty CustomAIDrivers folder after installation). However, all custom-AI files loaded correctly after I added an empty Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\ folder pathway within the custom-AI mod's .7z file.

Next, I added various car and tracks mods from PCARS2 and VRC along with the liverysets, etc. listed above. So far, everything seems to be working normally in the sim.

Fantastic work on AMS2CM!

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%