Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing

Cars Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing 2.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey @Pessio, I recently tried out this baby again and still love it. Still, are there some more updates planned? The sound could use some more work (audible fading) and the downshifting feels odd, like there's no blipping (might be a bug when using auto clutch).

Last edited:
Hey @Pessio, I recently tried out this baby again and still love it. Still, are there some more updates planned? The sound could use some more work (audible fading) and the downshifting feels odd, like there's no blipping (might be a bug when using auto clutch).
I don't think the 1964 Mini had 'blipping'. Needs to be driven heel-toe to be fast.

i have to check it, i didn't have any update in mind, what's the audio problem?

i have to check it, i didn't have any update in mind, what's the audio problem?
The sound stuff is minor, but there's a slight audible fade/sample transition at higher rpm.
I don't think the 1964 Mini had 'blipping'. Needs to be driven heel-toe to be fast.
Correct, but when you use auto clutch, the game automatically blips the throttle on downshifts, not in this car though. Makes the braking a bit uneasy.

This will be great to test an throw around. I'll just leave one comment for a minor detail if later updates on the 3d model come:

For the AI cars, the side mirrors transition from working at low-res to a black diffuse is very noticeable on the first lod switch. Just try it on a grid at Monza junior, where you'll have many AI cars side by side right in front.

One thing that would help, would be to use ksPerPixelReflection on the mirror material like you'll see on ks cars (or nearly all RSS cars, a3dr's 993s, etc), and then add the fake horizon horizon diffuse Mirror.DDS from the SDK folder instead of black.dds. I think all KS cars used this also to cope both with mirrors off and/or cubemap reflections off up close on vanilla.

To preview the result, just copy the sdk's Mirror.DDS to skin folders but renamed as black.dds (don't mind the undesired results for all other materials using it as for txDetail, of course), then on the config add (example taken from the ks GTA):
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_0]
MATERIALS = mirror
SHADER = ksPerPixelReflection
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.3
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.7
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 100
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, 0
PROP_... = fresnelC, 0
PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 1
PROP_... = isAdditive, 0
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.4
(it'll only look ok over the new diffuse)

Another simple solution would be to just add the "mirrors" object to mirrors.ini, like [MIRROR_3] NAME=mirrors. Has the advantage of looking better at night too, as they won't turn much brighter. But tbh, it's almost pointless if you went through the trouble of adding lods for mirrors and negate gains this way. Not sure how much more expensive than having the ksPerPixelReflection cubemap on them, but on my system fps on a starting grid seem the same :unsure: .

Thanks for considering this. The only reason I'm nitpicking is because of the awesome quality of this release, and just in case you haven't noticed how some of the best mods have dealt with far mirrors :thumbsup:

PS: @Chris Kennedy the first "error" on your review is just because this model hasn't a LR cockpit for the LOD1, to switch the HR out before the next lod comes, so that line doesn't exist. A dummy section like
[COCKPIT_HR] DISTANCE_SWITCH=12 will probably get rid of the "error", but I don't know if it'll cause problems with custom lod changes on csp like forcing LR cockpit for other cars.

Last edited:
Looking great !
I have a remark about the safety belts though. When in my 'normal' seat position the belts are way in front of me and can be seen (triple screen setup).
Is there a way I can change that ?
Btw: mirrors are fine ;-)

I guess you'll have to hunch over your wheel to match the 3d driver position :p

Yeah, the driver seems to be very concentrated...lol

driver.png

seat.png

side.png

Joke aside, even if the right seatbelt has some slack ahead of the driver, to solve the issue that comes with your moved back POV the driver would have to be completely repositioned to stand back on his chair, for his seatbelts to be more backward too and out of your view. For now you can simply resort to hide them.
(I added this as a PS to the previous post, but you've replied faster :) )

Last edited:
Joke aside, even if the right seatbelt has some slack ahead of the driver, to solve the issue that comes with your moved back POV the driver would have to be completely repositioned to stand back on his chair, for his seatbelts to be more backward too and out of your view. For now you can simply resort to hide them.
(I added this as a PS to the previous post, but you've replied faster :) )
First time I have this 'issue', so I'm not familiar with hiding seat belts...how do I do that ?
I hide the drivers' arms yes, but ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back