Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing

Cars Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing 2.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
rF2 has the future IMO. Maybe we will see these attractive mods being ported to rF2 and still being attractive, and not only, but being even better.

I have went to rF2, I can't be as productive in blender as I wish to, because lack of support to blender in rF2, also workflow is not as good with rF2 by its nature. I believe Pessio is working with Blender, so regardless if he likes rF2 or not lack of proper Blender support would be an issue. Traveler is working for Blender addon to Blender 2.8 iiric, it could be something, meanwhile I don't think official devs has input to that.

I have started on exploring physics making in rF2, still lots to learn, but it amazes me everyday as I keep on learning and discovering, Marcos Mini is one of the cars I have some business with. I need to improve my chassis modeling skills and find out how to make the proper wheel size not to crash the physics :D

@Pessio this car is great.
really impressed at how close the details and handling are.
When compared to the AMS2 offering.
Your work stands right level with that of a pro team.
I only wish you had an interest in converting your works to Rf2.
So I could run them back to back like I can with AC and AMS2.
Well I'm not touching rF2 so it's probably not going to handle the same even if it does get converted.

When I try to load the historic version car I get this error:

AC\carbrakelights.cpp (484): CarBrakeLights::update
AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

The other car loads fine. Anybody else have this issue? I have the newest nvidia drivers. I have downloaded the car many times as well, no broken zip file either.

When I try to load the historic version car I get this error:

AC\carbrakelights.cpp (484): CarBrakeLights::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

The other car loads fine. Anybody else have this issue? I have the newest nvidia drivers. I have downloaded the car many times as well, no broken zip file either.
@Pessio
I get the same issue now.
The exact same "Game Crashed" window.
The s_1000 works fine.
I wouldn't mind too much, but this s_appk is one of my best loved mods, so it would be great if that could be solved.
I was going to blame CSP, but I'm on the latest and surely different from the above one (almost a year ago).
I checked the lights.ini in the date, but these were identical for both cars.
-----
Edit: I can't rule out that it's a CSP issue after all. Several of my older mods (AC Legends e.g.) won't work either and trigger the same error message.

Attachments

• crash.txt
    556.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@Pessio
I get the same issue now.
The exact same "Game Crashed" window.
The s_1000 works fine.
I wouldn't mind too much, but this s_appk is one of my best loved mods, so it would be great if that could be solved.
I was going to blame CSP, but I'm on the latest and surely different from the above one (almost a year ago).
I checked the lights.ini in the date, but these were identical for both cars.
-----
Edit: I can't rule out that it's a CSP issue after all. Several of my older mods (AC Legends e.g.) won't work either and trigger the same error message.
I did some fiddling and fixed the issue. The car now loads into the game. I did couple of corners of driving but missed my srs race. So I have tested this just for like 30 seconds. Anyways, what I did was to delete the ext_config.ini file at the car folder: \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\austin_mini_cooper_s_appk\extension

Then went to and opened the file at \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\austin_mini_cooper_s_appk.ini and deleted everything inside it, just empty that file. If you delete it then cm will download it again I think.

It should work now. There is something there with extension that breaks the car for us.

I did some fiddling and fixed the issue. The car now loads into the game. I did couple of corners of driving but missed my srs race. So I have tested this just for like 30 seconds. Anyways, what I did was to delete the ext_config.ini file at the car folder: \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\austin_mini_cooper_s_appk\extension

Then went to and opened the file at \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\austin_mini_cooper_s_appk.ini and deleted everything inside it, just empty that file. If you delete it then cm will download it again I think.

It should work now. There is something there with extension that breaks the car for us.
Thanks, I kinda forgot about the issue. Just tried and without changing anything the car works now. No error messages.
There's still something strange with the headlights. When I turn them on they immediately shed a normal light cone on track, though visually they only get bright after a couple of seconds.
Also, smart mirror works only for the left and center, I can't change the right mirror.

I'm getting this "carbrakelights.cpp" error when loading the s_appk, the s_1000 works just fine. It obviously has something to do with CSP, because if I disable CSP entirely, it loads just fine. When I enable it again, it crashes. I will try your workaround, @Ghoults .

I have done some testing here, and on my setup these are the conclusions:

1. If I use CSP with all default settings, the car works.

2. If I disable "custom emissive management" in the "car instruments" options of CSP, it crashes the game on startup with the s_appk. I have this option disabled because it messes up the instrument lighting in some cars, including this one.

3. If I edit the file "\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\austin_mini_cooper_s_appk.ini" and remove or comment out the line "INSIDE = chrome", everything seems to work just fine! I could also just empty the file or comment out all the lines, but it is this single line that makes the game crash for me. Deleting the file will just make CM redownload it at startup, so that's not an option.

CM/CSP downloads and installs this file automatically, so the reason for crashing is most likely a small incompatibility in this config file, and neither the car nor CPS itself. CSP doesn't load such an extension file for the s_1000, which explains why the s_1000 works fine for everyone, but not necessarily the s_appk.

Might be other, better ways to fix it as well, and for all I know this fix might not work for everyone, but this is good enough for me.

I also noticed while testing, that these extension config files aren't always reloaded when starting the game. So when changing the files, it might take a couple of restarts for the changes to take effect, which really (really!) confused me.

Also, deleting the "\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\austin_mini_cooper_s_appk\extension\ext_config.ini" messes up all lights and other stuff with the car, and it doesn't seem to be necessary to touch this file.

Can the mods stop being so retarded? Who gives a **** if he isn't speaking English in a support thread? If the author has an issue then he can request a different language himself. Now I don't even know what his deal is and can't offer support.

Also, thank Google for Translate extension :p
1645606886151.png

Can the mods stop being so retarded? Who gives a **** if he isn't speaking English in a support thread? If the author has an issue then he can request a different language himself. Now I don't even know what his deal is and can't offer support.
From the board rules all users have agreed to:
  1. The main language at RaceDepartment is English. Other languages are permitted only in private and profile messages.
  2. The staff retain the right to edit/remove content posted by any user if the content is against the rules and can add warnings, or if necessary ban users.
Ad 1) Crystal clear that English is our main language. If a user can't speak english he can use translator instead of all of us who don't speak that foreign language to use one. Our "retarded" moderator acted in perfect accordance with the rules after the post was reported by another user.

Ad 2) Again a very clear rule that we can modify and remove whatever is against the rules. For that same reason yourself have been removed again from this community after yet another outburst, which is also your final warning before it becomes permanent on the next offense.

If you think you can swear at (staff) members like that you are really at the wrong community. Learn how to behave.

If a user can't speak english he can use translator instead of all of us who don't speak that foreign language to use one.
I'd much rather have a message in their native language that I can ask a friend to translate or attempt to decode myself than "men pls help i having issue car sound" but hey, rules amirite. On top of that now we don't even know what he wanted to say originally and can't help at all.
So good job I guess?

Ad 2) Again a very clear rule that we can modify and remove whatever is against the rules.
If only the mod team was this eager to investigate and remove resources that break rules instead of offloading providing the proof onto the end user. But hey, that requires effort. Can't be wasting their oh so precious time on that.

Learn how to behave.
And I can say learn how to actually moderate because all you (the moderators) have done here is make the situation worse to flex your power of enforcing the rules.

inb4 this gets me a week ban to prove a point.

I'd much rather have a message in their native language
But you haven't defined the board rules, it's as simple as that. We have chosen to speak English on this board and non-english conversations will be removed as I don't have the time unfortunately to google translate them all. Instead for the user it takes zero effort to translate it into English in the first place before posting.

If you further wish to discuss your issue with our staff I suggest you send me PM or an email as stated in the rules.

Now back to the topic of the beautiful MINI please.

The sound stuff is minor, but there's a slight audible fade/sample transition at higher rpm.

Correct, but when you use auto clutch, the game automatically blips the throttle on downshifts, not in this car though. Makes the braking a bit uneasy.

Hi Pessio, thank for your work ! My parents owned a series of Cooper S / Coopers in the 70s and when I showed them your mod, they said hearing the gear whine brought back memories.

I am experiencing the same problem with the auto-blip feature not working on this car when I use a gamepad.

1) I believe the driver aids are configured correctly because the auto-blip works on other vintage cars.

2) My gamepad configuration has a combined throttle-brake axis, so blipping the throttle when on the brakes is not physically possible and makes driving awkward.

2b) I am able to rev-match by blipping the throttle myself when just downshifting. Heel toe shifting on my 3-pedal setup worked ( even when I turn on auto-clutch )

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. ( I don't get to use my cockpit much, so being able to run my favorite sims on the go with a gamepad means a great deal to me.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 135 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%