Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing

Cars Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing 2.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's not an ideal solution, adding to the config
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
HIDE = CINTURE_ON_SUB0
as it'll also hide them for other drivers. Via onboard position app you could just try to move the camera more forward and a bit up until they stop bothering you.

As soon as they stop bothering me, I'm sitting on my steering wheel.
It's strange. I did not have this in the previous version.
Thanks for the config tip. I'll use that for the time being. ;)

Great mod. The model and physics are excellent. I just had to change the body shader settings and a few textures and a little bit position of the driver.

But I lost my mirror. Apparently fell because of vibration. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Attachments

• Screenshot_austin_mini_cooper_s_appk_ks_barcelona_15-5-120-15-52-21.jpg
    Screenshot_austin_mini_cooper_s_appk_ks_barcelona_15-5-120-15-52-21.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 121
Enjoying your work! Just as a data point for your modeling: with my GTX 1080 and triple 1080p monitors, I can run 14-15 AI at classic Silverstone and mostly maintain 60 fps. A few spots fps briefly drop into the 50s, but by the end of the first lap and the opponents spread out a little, I'm usually 70-80 fps.

@jracer

Hey,

The rear geometry is emulating a 0-degree sweep angle pure trailing arm. That's why the lower arms are quite long. There's 0 camber and 0 toe change on deflection, and the roll center is basically at ground level like IRL.

I think the biggest inaccuracy is that IRL in roll and in 2 wheel bump, the roll center should not move at all.

I never graphed it out for this one specifically but I'm not surprised if the roll center moves a little on deflection. I can't see it at all in the car handling so it's probably not significant. My semi-trailing arms however *did* have pretty reasonable RC migration in 2 wheel bump and roll when a friend of mine graphed them out, not enough to cause error, so maybe this one is good as well. It is all about the acceptable level of accuracy after all; we don't *really* have trailing arms in AC so you must settle for some compromise.

In un-symmetric wheel movement, like a roll where one wheel moves more than the other, I believe the error is somewhat higher. That is because in DWB suspensions the roll center is determined differently than in a trailing arm suspension. The DWB suspension cars about the angle of the arms, while the trailing arm suspension cares about the angle of the *links* on the car body. So no matter what the wheels are doing, it will still only reference it from the car body angle, not the arms' angle. That's my understanding at least.

That probably means there is some error in a dynamic roll situation, like when the outside hits the packers but the inside does not, and there is unequal roll. Does it matter? I don't know, the car handles very well to me and the wheels and body is controlled as I would expect.

I had some fears that there would be significant error in one-wheel-bump from having the arms cross over so far, which means that the left side now should interact more with the right side and vice versa, because when the opposite wheel moves the opposite chassis, it affects the link of the wheel that is not moving.

I did some testing between normal arm lengths and the very long ones and I at least could not find anything of note. The jacking of the body is exactly the same between them and the wheels stay controlled, so either due to my lack of understanding I am missing something, or it is not so significant at all.

You can decide if it is undrivable, inaccurate and broken or not. :roflmao:

Well done Pessio, this is a nice mod. I really liked the way the car drives. The mini has such a short wheel base, it drives very differently to pretty much any other car going. The 3d model is amazing, unbelievably detailed. I can't quite imagine how many hours have gone into creating it. The skins that come with it are spot on as well, they match the period of the car exactly and really enhance this mod.

Thanks for releasing this to the community, I'm sure many many people are going to enjoy this. If anyone wants to see what this mod is all about take a look here...

Thanks Again Pessio ❤

Well done Pessio, this is a nice mod. I really liked the way the car drives. The mini has such a short wheel base, it drives very differently to pretty much any other car going. The 3d model is amazing, unbelievably detailed. I can't quite imagine how many hours have gone into creating it. The skins that come with it are spot on as well, they match the period of the car exactly and really enhance this mod.

Thanks for releasing this to the community, I'm sure many many people are going to enjoy this. If anyone wants to see what this mod is all about take a look here...

Thanks Again Pessio ❤
Glad you liked it; but don't forget who makes the physics for these! I did the 106 as well, and the Skippy. :thumbsup:

@jracer

Hey,

The rear geometry is emulating a 0-degree sweep angle pure trailing arm. That's why the lower arms are quite long. There's 0 camber and 0 toe change on deflection, and the roll center is basically at ground level like IRL.

I think the biggest inaccuracy is that IRL in roll and in 2 wheel bump, the roll center should not move at all.

I never graphed it out for this one specifically but I'm not surprised if the roll center moves a little on deflection. I can't see it at all in the car handling so it's probably not significant. My semi-trailing arms however *did* have pretty reasonable RC migration in 2 wheel bump and roll when a friend of mine graphed them out, not enough to cause error, so maybe this one is good as well. It is all about the acceptable level of accuracy after all; we don't *really* have trailing arms in AC so you must settle for some compromise.

In un-symmetric wheel movement, like a roll where one wheel moves more than the other, I believe the error is somewhat higher. That is because in DWB suspensions the roll center is determined differently than in a trailing arm suspension. The DWB suspension cars about the angle of the arms, while the trailing arm suspension cares about the angle of the *links* on the car body. So no matter what the wheels are doing, it will still only reference it from the car body angle, not the arms' angle. That's my understanding at least.

That probably means there is some error in a dynamic roll situation, like when the outside hits the packers but the inside does not, and there is unequal roll. Does it matter? I don't know, the car handles very well to me and the wheels and body is controlled as I would expect.

I had some fears that there would be significant error in one-wheel-bump from having the arms cross over so far, which means that the left side now should interact more with the right side and vice versa, because when the opposite wheel moves the opposite chassis, it affects the link of the wheel that is not moving.

I did some testing between normal arm lengths and the very long ones and I at least could not find anything of note. The jacking of the body is exactly the same between them and the wheels stay controlled, so either due to my lack of understanding I am missing something, or it is not so significant at all.

You can decide if it is undrivable, inaccurate and broken or not. :roflmao:
hi Kyuubeey, thanx for explain me, this suspension world is very strange, jejej, I like how its works, just a visual impact to me in the showroom, nice driving!

Good afternoon. I need help, please. I love the Mod of this Mini Cooper, but the sound is HORRIBLE.
In rallenti, in box, it's ok, but when I start to accelerate and the car is walking it makes a horrible noise ...... it seems that there are no wheels and the car is going to drag on the ground ....... how can this sound be fixed ?? will have to do with the update of Asseto Corsa ?? Thank you for your help. José Vasconcelos - Guarda - Portugal - vasconcelostap@gmail.com

Good afternoon. I need help, please. I love the Mod of this Mini Cooper, but the sound is HORRIBLE.
In rallenti, in box, it's ok, but when I start to accelerate and the car is walking it makes a horrible noise ...... it seems that there are no wheels and the car is going to drag on the ground ....... how can this sound be fixed ?? will have to do with the update of Asseto Corsa ?? Thank you for your help. José Vasconcelos - Guarda - Portugal - vasconcelostap@gmail.com
that's really strange, of course something is going wrong on your AC! Can u post a video of the problem?

I can only compare to an Austin 850cc IRL I've been a passenger in, both in city use and at top speed in motorway, and the overbearing transmission noise is incredibly similar (except for all else that comes with a larger 1275cc, of course).
I've driven a 1.0L Metro MkII for some time, but the noise insulation was a world apart vs. a classic near-naked mini.

Last edited:
The noise of straight cut gearbox is INSANE, yes, but i suppose there is some problem, cause isn't so insopportable or "like car is dragged to the ground"

[QUOTE = "Pessio, post: 3197912, membro: 373712"]
isso é realmente estranho, é claro que algo está errado no seu AC! Você pode postar um vídeo do problema?
[/CITAR]
Thank You for Your HELP. I go try make a video....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back