Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T500RS Settings

Hi guys.

I hope this helps anyone with the T500RS to get a better FFB feel. I think it feels pretty good IMO.

T500 Control Panel:
Overall Strength = 100%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto centre = by the game (Recommended)

In game settings:
Force feedback = 45%
Filter = 0%

With these settings the wheel also centers itself much quicker as people have been saying with the T500 the wheel doesn't seem to center properly.

Absolutely it's a personal thing. I'm just trying to get a base setup working. I don't understand the vibration thing in the exos though.

Did you set gamma to 1 in the cfg file? What about settings in the assetto_corsa cfg? I'll have another play tonight but just want a good stock setup lol. Might try editing the LUT file to remove the centre FFB as the rest of it is great.

I set ENABLED=1 and VALUE=1 in my ff_post_process.ini file (C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg). At first, coming from a few weeks with GAMMA 0.85, linear response felt quite odd, almost too light, but now I really prefer it. There seems to be less resistance on the wheel when trying to recover from a slide.

In assetto_corsa.ini, I have FF_SKIP_STEPS=0, ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.1, DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

TM Control Panel: 1080°, Master Gain 85%, Constant 100%, Periodic (actually has no effect in AC) 100%, Spring 25%, Damper 25%, Auto-Centre 0%

I hope that helps a little :)

EDIT - after more testing, I strongly suspect that the only sliders in the Thrustmaster Control Panel that have effect are Master Gain and Constant. Even with Damper set to 0%, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL and DAMPER_GAIN still have an effect in AC, so the damper feeling is not coming from the TM CP.

I now just have:
TM Control Panel: 1080°, Master Gain 85%, Constant 100%, Periodic 0%, Spring 0%, Damper 0%, Auto-Centre 0%, and still have FF_SKIP_STEPS=0, ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.1, DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 in assetto_corsa.ini (GYRO=1 felt immediately bad, like my wheel had been filled with heavy grease)

Last edited:
I set ENABLED=1 and VALUE=1 in my ff_post_process.ini file (C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg). At first, coming from a few weeks with GAMMA 0.85, linear response felt quite odd, almost too light, but now I really prefer it. There seems to be less resistance on the wheel when trying to recover from a slide.

In assetto_corsa.ini, I have FF_SKIP_STEPS=0, ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.1, DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

TM Control Panel: 1080°, Master Gain 85%, Constant 100%, Periodic (actually has no effect in AC) 100%, Spring 25%, Damper 25%, Auto-Centre 0%

I hope that helps a little :)

EDIT - after more testing, I strongly suspect that the only sliders in the Thrustmaster Control Panel that have effect are Master Gain and Constant. Even with Damper set to 0%, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL and DAMPER_GAIN still have an effect in AC, so the damper feeling is not coming from the TM CP.

I now just have:
TM Control Panel: 1080°, Master Gain 85%, Constant 100%, Periodic 0%, Spring 0%, Damper 0%, Auto-Centre 0%, and still have FF_SKIP_STEPS=0, ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.1, DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 in assetto_corsa.ini (GYRO=1 felt immediately bad, like my wheel had been filled with heavy grease)

Thanks again :), what about your in game settings?

I tried these settings I found at the Steam forums. Ive been using Gamma=0.92 for some time now but this feels a lot better, give it a try. Only thing I changed was turning Enhanced Understeer effect= off , and Road effects= 0-15 % . Also my car FFB is between 90-100 % in most cars
In your TM game controllers Gain Settings:
Overall Strength = 100%...Will use all force available. (you will adjust driving force on a car by car basis in the game settings.)
Constant = 50%-60%....100 will cause oscillation!
Periodic = 80%....All that seems to be requiored but play with this one if you want
Spring = 5%-15%... Adding spring will speed up the wheel when you rotate it quickly
Damper = 2%-5%... Will add realistic tire rotational mass feeling and balance the spring setting

In TM game controllers, Test Input page; Set Rotation/Angle to 1080 deg,

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg-OPEN-assetto_corsa.ini ..... Set the last line to;
[SOFT_LOCK]
ENABLED=1 This will tell the game to set stops on the wheel rotation for each car you drive.
(The cars don't all turn the same rotation amount)

In the game; Go threw the wheel setup and calibration and assign buttons and shifters

In main controls;
Set rotation degrees to 1080

In Advanced tab;
Set FFB Gain amount to 60% to 170% based on testing each car you drive. Most official cars will only require lower settings(70ish).
Set Filter to about 25% ( smooths it out I think burt play with this if you want)
Set Minimum Force to 3% ( To avoid Clipping)
Kirb effects- 100%
Road effects- 65%
Slip effects- 45%
Enhanced understeer effect- Check mark it on

I tried these settings I found at the Steam forums. Ive been using Gamma=0.92 for some time now but this feels a lot better, give it a try. Only thing I changed was turning Enhanced Understeer effect= off , and Road effects= 0-15 % . Also my car FFB is between 90-100 % in most cars
Mate, I don't know what kind of sorcery is thas but it is damn good! I think one of the best feelings of driving Assetto so far! I did some tweaks to fit my taste but used the Gamma settings from Alfie and the settings you provided and wow!
Could not believe how good was to drive the cars, specially the Maserati 250F 12 Cylinder. With that setup I could feel much more precisely what the rear was doing and also in an unexpected way a great feel in average! I used 0.85 gamma, 0.1 min and 1.0 max damping with soft lock enabled. Your TM setup with 100,60,80,15 and 5. And in game settings: gain 85%, no filter, 6% min force (maybe my wheel is too old), kerb 50%, road 35% and slip 5%.
Feels awesome, thanks!
Carlos.

I now just have:

Just seen your settings, I have the same apart from only 900 deg in the TM Control Panel.
do you have 900 in game or use the full 1080.
I am used to driving Historic cars and anything lower than 900 just feels weird to me. I really struggle in open wheeler`s if i turn my wheel say down to 540.

Going to try 1080 so how it feels..:)
Historic cars rule in my eyes... I was so hoping something like GTL, P&G or HistorX or similar would come out on AC. I know we have got some content of late, hence my i got to try this sim again. but sadly not enough to make me fully convert away from rf and HistorX. Maybe one day i will get my dream Historic cars on a modern sim,
Just hope they also have tires that give the feel im looking for.. :)

Last edited:
As another reference point, here's where i'm at:

T500. Control Panel
Range=900
Strength = 60
Constant = 100
Periodic - 100
Spring = 100 (no spring means you loose feel of understeer)
Damper = 20

ff-postprocess file:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1 (i've tried 0.92 and its better in some cars, worse in others)

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut

In game:
Gain = 80%
Filter = 0%
Min Force = 0%

since yesterday i am a very very very happy :D:D:D owner of a T500RS too...:p
used an old ts ffb wheel before and found after many hours of testing good settings for me.
old but it works.
now everything is new. much is better, so much better - bigger diameter, the STRONG ffb, the th8a now works fine with clutch - i am really in love.:)
but - with the old wheel i loved it too "feel" the street. i could feel bumps and heavy road, really good immersion.:)
now when i try the settings from alfie or rasmus or someone else - nearly everybody has kerb/road/slip with low values (0%-15% or so).
for me the feedback is gone... i need >40%.:O_o:
so i had to figure out if a am wrong with my way or if i have overseen something.:rolleyes:
anyway - this thread is a great help for me. when i found something thats perfect for me i'll tell you.
thanx!! :)

since yesterday i am a very very very happy :D:D:D owner of a T500RS too...:p
used an old ts ffb wheel before and found after many hours of testing good settings for me.
old but it works.
now everything is new. much is better, so much better - bigger diameter, the STRONG ffb, the th8a now works fine with clutch - i am really in love.:)
but - with the old wheel i loved it too "feel" the street. i could feel bumps and heavy road, really good immersion.:)
now when i try the settings from alfie or rasmus or someone else - nearly everybody has kerb/road/slip with low values (0%-15% or so).
for me the feedback is gone... i need >40%.:O_o:
so i had to figure out if a am wrong with my way or if i have overseen something.:rolleyes:
anyway - this thread is a great help for me. when i found something thats perfect for me i'll tell you.
thanx!! :)
I need basically the same to be able to feel the road! I think it is normal.
I ended up changing things after 1.4 update. I am using 0.9 of gamma in the cfg file and 60,100,100,0,10 in TM control panel. In game I am using gain 75%, Filter and Min Force at 0, Kerbs 50%, Road 33%, Slip 12%, Enhanced understeer off. Now, can be a placebo effect but I am using degrees of rotation 40% (min possible) and I am setting the degrees of rotation of each car I am about to drive in TM control panel. This way I "feel" better and have hardware lock on the wheel, not softlock. As long as I try to find a perfect settings the more I think all is subjective after all and even hardwares are different slightly, influencing the judgement. Also, sometimes I "think" I have a complete different feel using the same settings, that's why I am powering on the pc and then pluging the wheel, so it don't get "weird" in the process..
Let us aware of your choices mate! I would like to hear from you your results;):thumbsup:

Hi W.Fox, how are you doing? I read your post in the T500 thread and I see myself in it some time ago. I have 1600+ hours in AC and trust me I tried basically everything. Settings depends much of personal preference and will differ much from people to people but I believe I achieved a good result you may want to give a try. First, don't use t500 profile set to 65% Gain because it clips much the effects and produce a less linear ffb calculation. My settings in the profile are: Gain 60%, Periodic and Constant to 100%, Spring to 0% and Damping to 10%. I tested this a LOT, and is the best I could find. In game settings: Gain 85% (you will not clip in most of the cases with all cars in all tracks). Filter 0%, Minimum Force 0% (because you will re-generate the Lut after set t500 profile again). Kerbs around 50%, Road from 40 to 50% and Slip 0% (Rumbles too much with it activated, personal preference). I tried Gyro on but it produces a extreme rumble effect in open wheel cars so I turn it off and don't think you should change FFB skip step, it is used more to inferior wheels. Re generate the LUT file with default values and using the setup you made in the t500 profile. In my opinion, Enhanced Understeer causes a false too strong effect and I dont like it, also in game Gain to 100% is too much and you are not feeling anything while oversteering due clipping. FFB anti clip tool is a good tool but drop too much fps online so be aware and deactivate it via general options if you gonna race online. Don't change anything for some time when you set up this and let your brain adapt for a while. Hope it helps you and please if you gonna give those settings a try let me know what you think, as I said wheel setup is completely subjective to user preferences so if you don't like it is completely ok. Best regards, Carlos.
When i Do wheelcheck... Just before..i Click on default on thrusmaster (60/100/100/100/100? And i generate lut..and after i put 60/100/100/0/10..??

I need basically the same to be able to feel the road! I think it is normal.
I ended up changing things after 1.4 update. I am using 0.9 of gamma in the cfg file and 60,100,100,0,10 in TM control panel. In game I am using gain 75%, Filter and Min Force at 0, Kerbs 50%, Road 33%, Slip 12%, Enhanced understeer off. Now, can be a placebo effect but I am using degrees of rotation 40% (min possible) and I am setting the degrees of rotation of each car I am about to drive in TM control panel. This way I "feel" better and have hardware lock on the wheel, not softlock. As long as I try to find a perfect settings the more I think all is subjective after all and even hardwares are different slightly, influencing the judgement. Also, sometimes I "think" I have a complete different feel using the same settings, that's why I am powering on the pc and then pluging the wheel, so it don't get "weird" in the process..
Let us aware of your choices mate! I would like to hear from you your results;):thumbsup:
ABS Effects ???..and lut active or not?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back