Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T500RS Settings

Hi guys.

I hope this helps anyone with the T500RS to get a better FFB feel. I think it feels pretty good IMO.

T500 Control Panel:
Overall Strength = 100%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto centre = by the game (Recommended)

In game settings:
Force feedback = 45%
Filter = 0%

With these settings the wheel also centers itself much quicker as people have been saying with the T500 the wheel doesn't seem to center properly.

how activate gamma.... in cfg in assetto corsa or in my document...

in document my setting are :
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.90

[LUT]
CURVE=myLUT.lut

and in assetto corsa is :

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.9

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut
...sooo what i do

I set ENABLED=1 and VALUE=1 in my ff_post_process.ini file (C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg). At first, coming from a few weeks with GAMMA 0.85, linear response felt quite odd, almost too light, but now I really prefer it. There seems to be less resistance on the wheel when trying to recover from a slide.

In assetto_corsa.ini, I have FF_SKIP_STEPS=0, ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.1, DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

TM Control Panel: 1080°, Master Gain 85%, Constant 100%, Periodic (actually has no effect in AC) 100%, Spring 25%, Damper 25%, Auto-Centre 0%

I hope that helps a little :)

EDIT - after more testing, I strongly suspect that the only sliders in the Thrustmaster Control Panel that have effect are Master Gain and Constant. Even with Damper set to 0%, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL and DAMPER_GAIN still have an effect in AC, so the damper feeling is not coming from the TM CP.

I now just have:
TM Control Panel: 1080°, Master Gain 85%, Constant 100%, Periodic 0%, Spring 0%, Damper 0%, Auto-Centre 0%, and still have FF_SKIP_STEPS=0, ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.1, DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 in assetto_corsa.ini (GYRO=1 felt immediately bad, like my wheel had been filled with heavy grease)
I dont understand
how activate gamma.... in cfg in assetto corsa or in my document...

in document my setting are :
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT. (Why us Write lut if is the gamma)
ENABLED=0. (why u Write 0...(1=enable 0=no)

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.90

[LUT]
CURVE=myLUT.lut

I need basically the same to be able to feel the road! I think it is normal.
I ended up changing things after 1.4 update. I am using 0.9 of gamma in the cfg file and 60,100,100,0,10 in TM control panel. In game I am using gain 75%, Filter and Min Force at 0, Kerbs 50%, Road 33%, Slip 12%, Enhanced understeer off. Now, can be a placebo effect but I am using degrees of rotation 40% (min possible) and I am setting the degrees of rotation of each car I am about to drive in TM control panel. This way I "feel" better and have hardware lock on the wheel, not softlock. As long as I try to find a perfect settings the more I think all is subjective after all and even hardwares are different slightly, influencing the judgement. Also, sometimes I "think" I have a complete different feel using the same settings, that's why I am powering on the pc and then pluging the wheel, so it don't get "weird" in the process..
Let us aware of your choices mate! I would like to hear from you your results;):thumbsup:
Whit force feedback clip or no???

Whit force feedback clip or no???
Here are my settings. Im very happy with them.
This is how my Thrustmaster ControlPanel looks:
AC.JPG

Ingame settings: (I use Content Manager, but the same settings should be there in AC Launcher)
wrwrw.png

"Effects" depend a lot on your taste, you can put them all on 0% if you want.
And you should use FFBClip! Dont forget to put it on "Dynamic" each time you start a session / join a server! It says something like "Dynamic mode engaged" if I remember correctly. But after some time you will feel the difference and you will instantly know when you forget to put it on dynamic :)
I Hope I could help you with my settings. BTW: Im not using any Gamma/Lut

Last edited:

Hate to bump a very old topic.

I recently got back to AC with my t500rs and was wondering if the preset option was best, or are there tweaks I should consider.

The preset option gives me 540 rotation, is that the best?

Hate to bump a very old topic.

I recently got back to AC with my t500rs and was wondering if the preset option was best, or are there tweaks I should consider.

The preset option gives me 540 rotation, is that the best?
Try these :) Made some T300 users very happy and I'm using the same settings with the gain lowered to 50% on my Fanatec CSW 2.5.
The settings are pretty generic for all wheels apart from Logitech.

TM control panel: Defaults, basically. If the T500 has "Overall Strength" at 100% as default, use 100%.

1672842411697.png

1672842472724.png

1672842477253.png

1672842481643.png

Set TM Overall strength to the defaults. Normally 100% should be totally fine if you lower the game gain accordingly.
"Nominal Gain":
75% game * 75% TM = 56.25%
56.25% game * 100% TM = 56.25%

"Peak Gain", all games are limited to "100%", no matter the gain settings!:
100% game * 75% TM = 75%
100% game * 100% TM = 100%

So set the wheelbase strength to the maximum if possible (if you have a strong DD I'd recommend not going beyond 12 Nm for safety..)

Then set the game gain to what "feels nice for you".
I'd recommend:
game gain to 50-80%.
If you're NOT drifting put the SLIP effect to 15-22%.
If you ARE drifting, then to 0%!
It's a generic vibration when you lock up under braking, get wheelspin or start to loose the rear.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back