Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T500RS Settings

Hi guys.

I hope this helps anyone with the T500RS to get a better FFB feel. I think it feels pretty good IMO.

T500 Control Panel:
Overall Strength = 100%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto centre = by the game (Recommended)

In game settings:
Force feedback = 45%
Filter = 0%

With these settings the wheel also centers itself much quicker as people have been saying with the T500 the wheel doesn't seem to center properly.

This is my first post in this forums. I've read several posts before and found them extremely useful also the resources from the downloads section.

After trying some options to improve the response of my T500 I came to the following setup which I find very satisfying. I could better my laptimes on some tracks drastically also.

What I did was:
  • Leave all Trustmaster control panel values standard (100%) except for general FFB, which I upped to 65% (I like a strong response better). After what I read (and saw from the LUTgenerator) is this the max value where you get quasi-linear responses.
  • Create a LUT
  • Download, Install and activate the FFBClip App in AC
  • Ingame I activated the standard PedalApp also (Info only)
  • I drove several of my favourite tracks with the FFBClip App on standard (Auto) e.g. Spa, Imola, Nuerburgring, Zandvoort.
  • Obviously I didn't have clipping anymore and a drastically improved FFB responses with FFB gain values between 85% and 90%
That's it!
What I wonder is: With setting on Auto you enhance/falsify the original responses per track, right? Meaning that you level all the tracks concerning the feedback from the road to some extent. At least this is what I would expect. Not, that I worry much about that... ;-)

Anyways, before I tried several other options and messed with all the values quite a bit, but was never really satisfied with the setup. Either I got only light FFB with little clipping or I got good responses but a lot of clipping. For instance with too high gain I always got heavy clipping through the Schumacher-S on Nuerburgring GP. The Wheel always felt kind of dead then. Now I don't have clipping at ~82% gain and I can "feel" the road surface nuances again. Brilliant!

Thanks for all the good input from this forums. At last I got my setup working thanks to all the different opinions and trouble shooting on here.

Last edited:
Guys I need your help:
I bought a T500rs a week ago and Im not comfortable with the settings. First I tried Wheelcheck at 65% and generated the LUT file, activated FFBclip at Auto/Dynamic and it felt very weird with different cars. Then I decided to try the Standard T500rs Profile in Assetto, turned off FFBClip and LUT. Activated Gyro=1, FFB_SKIP_STEP=0, 100% Gain, Understeer effect ON, 50% Kerbs, 40% Road and 10% Slip. It feels pretty nice and for sure better than the setting before. But I dont feel anything when the car oversteers and I have to turn the wheel back. Its not intuitive if you know what I mean. Atm Im just guessing the timing when I should turn back the wheel to get out of the oversteering.
What should I change? Am I doing something completely wrong?

Guys I need your help:
I bought a T500rs a week ago and Im not comfortable with the settings. First I tried Wheelcheck at 65% and generated the LUT file, activated FFBclip at Auto/Dynamic and it felt very weird with different cars. Then I decided to try the Standard T500rs Profile in Assetto, turned off FFBClip and LUT. Activated Gyro=1, FFB_SKIP_STEP=0, 100% Gain, Understeer effect ON, 50% Kerbs, 40% Road and 10% Slip. It feels pretty nice and for sure better than the setting before. But I dont feel anything when the car oversteers and I have to turn the wheel back. Its not intuitive if you know what I mean. Atm Im just guessing the timing when I should turn back the wheel to get out of the oversteering.
What should I change? Am I doing something completely wrong?

Hi W.Fox, how are you doing? I read your post in the T500 thread and I see myself in it some time ago. I have 1600+ hours in AC and trust me I tried basically everything. Settings depends much of personal preference and will differ much from people to people but I believe I achieved a good result you may want to give a try. First, don't use t500 profile set to 65% Gain because it clips much the effects and produce a less linear ffb calculation. My settings in the profile are: Gain 60%, Periodic and Constant to 100%, Spring to 0% and Damping to 10%. I tested this a LOT, and is the best I could find. In game settings: Gain 85% (you will not clip in most of the cases with all cars in all tracks). Filter 0%, Minimum Force 0% (because you will re-generate the Lut after set t500 profile again). Kerbs around 50%, Road from 40 to 50% and Slip 0% (Rumbles too much with it activated, personal preference). I tried Gyro on but it produces a extreme rumble effect in open wheel cars so I turn it off and don't think you should change FFB skip step, it is used more to inferior wheels. Re generate the LUT file with default values and using the setup you made in the t500 profile. In my opinion, Enhanced Understeer causes a false too strong effect and I dont like it, also in game Gain to 100% is too much and you are not feeling anything while oversteering due clipping. FFB anti clip tool is a good tool but drop too much fps online so be aware and deactivate it via general options if you gonna race online. Don't change anything for some time when you set up this and let your brain adapt for a while. Hope it helps you and please if you gonna give those settings a try let me know what you think, as I said wheel setup is completely subjective to user preferences so if you don't like it is completely ok. Best regards, Carlos.

Hi W.Fox, how are you doing? I read your post in the T500 thread and I see myself in it some time ago. I have 1600+ hours in AC and trust me I tried basically everything. Settings depends much of personal preference and will differ much from people to people but I believe I achieved a good result you may want to give a try. First, don't use t500 profile set to 65% Gain because it clips much the effects and produce a less linear ffb calculation. My settings in the profile are: Gain 60%, Periodic and Constant to 100%, Spring to 0% and Damping to 10%. I tested this a LOT, and is the best I could find. In game settings: Gain 85% (you will not clip in most of the cases with all cars in all tracks). Filter 0%, Minimum Force 0% (because you will re-generate the Lut after set t500 profile again). Kerbs around 50%, Road from 40 to 50% and Slip 0% (Rumbles too much with it activated, personal preference). I tried Gyro on but it produces a extreme rumble effect in open wheel cars so I turn it off and don't think you should change FFB skip step, it is used more to inferior wheels. Re generate the LUT file with default values and using the setup you made in the t500 profile. In my opinion, Enhanced Understeer causes a false too strong effect and I dont like it, also in game Gain to 100% is too much and you are not feeling anything while oversteering due clipping. FFB anti clip tool is a good tool but drop too much fps online so be aware and deactivate it via general options if you gonna race online. Don't change anything for some time when you set up this and let your brain adapt for a while. Hope it helps you and please if you gonna give those settings a try let me know what you think, as I said wheel setup is completely subjective to user preferences so if you don't like it is completely ok. Best regards, Carlos.
I have to say, this feels instantly better! Thanks very much. Im still not sure about the understeer effect, sometimes it feels good and sometimes i miss information because of it.
I can totally approve this setup.

Last edited:
ac front tires

I have to say, this feels instantly better! Thanks very much. Im still not sure about the understeer effect, sometimes it feels good and sometimes i miss information because of it.
I can totally approve this setup.
Glad I could help you :) thanks for the feedback.
Keep it like it is for a while, then change anything later if needed, just to give you some time to adapt. Seeya!

Glad I could help you :) thanks for the feedback.
Keep it like it is for a while, then change anything later if needed, just to give you some time to adapt. Seeya!
After some hours Im still having some trouble, but im not sure if its FF-related. Some cars feel great and natural ( all Supras, Yellowbird, Skyline r34...) but others feel really weird and i cant even handle a light oversteer (especially the RX7 Tuned , everybody says it drives nice though, Lotus GTC is another example. Is this normal? Am I just sucking with these cars or is my car-setup bad?
What about FFBClip ? Do you use Dyn/Auto? Imo it feels awesome but sometimes its too much force.

After some hours Im still having some trouble, but im not sure if its FF-related. Some cars feel great and natural ( all Supras, Yellowbird, Skyline r34...) but others feel really weird and i cant even handle a light oversteer (especially the RX7 Tuned , everybody says it drives nice though, Lotus GTC is another example. Is this normal? Am I just sucking with these cars or is my car-setup bad?
What about FFBClip ? Do you use Dyn/Auto? Imo it feels awesome but sometimes its too much force.
Not sure about the fact you can't handle a light oversteer, how much fps in average do you have? That seems to me like a graphic lag is occuring or something like that, saying this because sometimes you have a delayed visual feedback while your ffb feedback is being gathered by your hands. I was using FFB clip manually but I kinda "feel" if its clipping or not and I am not using it anymore. If one car has too much force I reduce it using - key in the Numpad, + key increases it.

Need some direction guys. T500 setup. All my FFB in all sims is fine but with AC and R3E I'm still getting too much clipping or shaking. I want the vibration from the road but its still shaking too much. Where do I look to calm that clipping down? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the fact you can't handle a light oversteer, how much fps in average do you have? That seems to me like a graphic lag is occuring or something like that, saying this because sometimes you have a delayed visual feedback while your ffb feedback is being gathered by your hands. I was using FFB clip manually but I kinda "feel" if its clipping or not and I am not using it anymore. If one car has too much force I reduce it using - key in the Numpad, + key increases it.
I think I got it fixed: using Gamma value between 0.88 - 0.92 seems to give me a more natural feeling, the wheel now spins a little bit faster and stronger when oversteering AND i can finally feel the lighter wheel when understeering ( like the enhanced understeer effect but not that strong and much more natural). I have to say this feels thousand times better for me than using a generated LUT file.

Need some direction guys. T500 setup. All my FFB in all sims is fine but with AC and R3E I'm still getting too much clipping or shaking. I want the vibration from the road but its still shaking too much. Where do I look to calm that clipping down? Thanks in advance.

Use the settings carlos provided above. Pretty much as good as it gets on a T500.

I think I got it fixed: using Gamma value between 0.88 - 0.92 seems to give me a more natural feeling, the wheel now spins a little bit faster and stronger when oversteering AND i can finally feel the lighter wheel when understeering ( like the enhanced understeer effect but not that strong and much more natural). I have to say this feels thousand times better for me than using a generated LUT file.

So, you disabled the LUT in the cfg file and used Gamma instead? How do your cfg file look like now then? Interesting, I need to give this a try for sure!

Use the settings carlos provided above. Pretty much as good as it gets on a T500.

Glad to hear man, thanks.

Hi, wonder if anyone could help.

I've set my T500 exactly as Carlos suggested. However, whilst the feel is good, I'm getting vibrations/oscillations around dead centre. Whilst at speed, if I let go the wheel will oscillate left and right few degrees. With hands on the wheel, I can feel it if the wheel is at centre, but as soon as I apply some input, it goes and is all smooth again.

Any ideas?

That sounds like your FFB is too high around the centre of your movement. Either your LUT is flawed, or you have a minimum force set (or set too high).

This is the main reason I stopped using a LUT and reverted to using a gamma amount, as I found that each LUT I made set the first few entries way too high, causing oscillations and rattling.

That sounds like your FFB is too high around the centre of your movement. Either your LUT is flawed, or you have a minimum force set (or set too high).

This is the main reason I stopped using a LUT and reverted to using a gamma amount, as I found that each LUT I made set the first few entries way too high, causing oscillations and rattling.

Thanks that makes sense, I'll try disabling the LUT. Do I need to change any other settings in game once I've done this,

Personally, I dislike the dynamic mode, as great an app as FFBClip is. I found that it gave my wheel a really strange feeling, like the grip from the front wheels was fluctuating. On the straight the FFB would increase massively, and then drop right down on the corners again. I didn't test it for very long though, in all fairness.

I only use it for monitoring FFB now, have given up on using a LUT, and have even found that changing from gamma 0.85 to gamma 1.0 (linear) has made my wheel feel even better, making slides easier to catch, and the Maserati 250F much more enjoyable to drive.

Wheel set up can be such a personal thing. I read some peoples' settings with a T500RS and I think 'How on earth can they drive with it like that?'. I think the best way is to try a few peoples' recommendations, until you find a set up that you like, and then stick with it. You will get there, I am sure :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back