Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T500RS Settings

Hi guys.

I hope this helps anyone with the T500RS to get a better FFB feel. I think it feels pretty good IMO.

T500 Control Panel:
Overall Strength = 100%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto centre = by the game (Recommended)

In game settings:
Force feedback = 45%
Filter = 0%

With these settings the wheel also centers itself much quicker as people have been saying with the T500 the wheel doesn't seem to center properly.

Try these with gyro enabled in assetto corsa cfg.ini. Adjust ffb ingame per car as needed, just avoid clipping coz then you are loosing fidelity.
I would say we are using quite similar settings. Used to keep Enhanced Understeer Effect on, but took them off for testing. If feels nice either way.

Regarding to the shake issue, I always plug the wheel in the back of the PC, my mobo is 5 years old and it is usb 2.0 too. Let me know if you experience the same problem. All other cars runs fine tho.

Clipping is when the game emmit a signal beyond what your hardware can interpretate. Imagine that the game set to have 100% of Gain is delivering much more strenght than your hardware can interpretate and reproduce, what will happen is, all details and oscilations will be gone after you enter a clipping zone, because all signals are over saturated. If you keep under that clipping zone, your hardware will still interpretate and reproduce all bumps and all forces without reaching the limit. Not the best explanation in the world, hope helped somehow :)

You may want to take a look in Atle's app. It will show you a graph that allows you to see if is clipping or not. Even the regular pedal app in Assetto Corsa tells you if its clipping by showing you a red or grey bar under all kinds of forces.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

thank you!
i wondered why the wheel sometimes feels "dead"
maybe this was clipping
Absolutely. Run a test, enable the regular pedal app in Assetto and pick a car and go to track. Keep an eye on the right bar, if it goes full red while cornering, you gotta reduce the FFB using minus or plus signs in the keyboard numpad until it stops to get red. If you are in a corner and over a kerb and some flickering red occurs is not a problem tho. Good luck

@Carlos Panades no problem on my end apart from my driving. No shaking, in fact overall ffb feels too light (kinda hard to feel where the front end is). Loti are ok around 100% in game, 312T had to bump up to125% in game. I have upped the gain setting from 73% recently.

Then again F138 felt great. Tested green track setting (93-96%) at imola.

Last edited:
Don't be disappointed mate until you try the settings I am using: (at least in AC)

T500 driver:
Gain 60
Constant and Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damping 10%

In game Assetto Corsa:
Gain 80%
Filter 0%
Mininum Force: 1%
Kerb effect: 50%
Road effect 26%
Slip effect 0%
Enhanced understeer effect disabled.

Hope it works ok for you and in other games I keep Spring and Damper at 0% or 10% damper only. Seeya
Have to say i like these settings best. The Spring at 0 is a huge improvement over 100%. It's not as stiff and feels much more natural. I'm running 75-100 FFB in game depending upon car.

Have to say i like these settings best. The Spring at 0 is a huge improvement over 100%. It's not as stiff and feels much more natural. I'm running 75-100 FFB in game depending upon car.
Hey bud! Glad to know it worked nice for you! :)
Those settings I think are good because the wheel is not too heavy, but not weak at all and still with lots of details from road, there's almost no clipping with all cars at default in almost all tracks and I dropped some seconds in laps using it. Glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback.

@Carlos Panades no problem on my end apart from my driving. No shaking, in fact overall ffb feels too light (kinda hard to feel where the front end is). Loti are ok around 100% in game, 312T had to bump up to125% in game. I have upped the gain setting from 73% recently.

Then again F138 felt great. Tested green track setting (93-96%) at imola.
I will try to post that again in AC forum, despite first time I did no one answered and see if there's anybody with a solution or at least point out what's causing it in my wheel. Thanks for trying it and for reporting back!

From what I remember the Logitech EX has only 200 degrees of rotation overall. That means you will never get the in-game wheel to match it. The reason is the in-game wheel animates to a realistic degree of rotation and if your wheel has a smaller rotation than the in-game car has the animation has to be 'squeezed' down into 200 degrees (or whatever). Therefore it will spin faster and will look wrong.

If you're driving with a wheel why not turn the game wheel off? That's what I do.

If you look at the in game settings, I can't remember which page it is, but if you look for "virtual wheel rotation" it's at the bottom of one of the screens. By default it's off. You move the slider to set your in game rotation to your wheel rotation.

I have to do the same for my old Thrustmaster F1 wheel which has a 220 degree rotation. If I don't the steering is way over sensitive and I can't even keep the car in a straight line.

One last point, if you make any changes to the in game settings the virtual rotation will be lost, so remember to set it again.

Unfortunately I think we'll always be at a slight disadvantage to people who use the modern 900 degree wheels as having watched a few with them, they can be a lot more aggressive on turn in. I'm always having to be very smooth, one slight over input and I'm off the track. Makes for very hard work.

Quick update from my side. I just switched over to the LUT generator (see download section) and am amazed at how much better the FFB feels.

Using LUT file and following directions there:

Control Panel
Wheel degree 900°

All Forces 60%
konstant 100%
periodic 100%
spring 0%
damping 25% (only matters at low speed)

autocenter set by game

In Game
Gain 75% ; Filter 0% ; Min Force 0%(LUT requires this move to zero) ; Kerb 45% ; Road 20% ; Slip 0%

I thought i'd update my settings with my T500 for everyone to consider. With the new 1.11 release and v10 tire model i've now abandoned LUT as well as gyro_enable. The reason is that changing the assetocorsa.ini file and subsequent value of ff_skip_steps=0 has made an enormous difference in feel. I would say the FFB is on par with anything on the market now.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
Open assetto_corsa and change FF_SKIP_STEPS=1 to FF_SKIP_STEPS=0

Control Panel
Wheel degree 900°

All Forces 60%
konstant 100%
periodic 100%
spring 0%
damping 0%

autocenter set by game

In Game
Gain 75% ; Filter 0% ; Min Force 7%(I've played with 5-15% and its somewhere in there for me); Kerb 65% ; Road 35% ; Slip 0%

Most cars with FFB Clip app enabled have values of 100-110 in game with very little to no clipping.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back