Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T300 Settings

jpg.jpg

Hi everyone, here we are with my personal settings for the Thrustmaster T300 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa. If you want more infos about the FFB, I suggest you to read this post of Luca Sodano from @kunos and this article on Reddit. Have a look at the settings below or download the files for an easy setup.

Download-Button-PNG-Background-Image.png

Thrustmaster Control Panel
Cattura1.JPG cp.png

• Degree of Rotation: 900°
  • Overall FFB: 100%
  • Constant: 100%
  • Periodic: 100%
  • Spring: 100%
  • Damper: 0%
  • Auto-Center: by the game

In-game Settings
  • Degree of Rotation: 900°
  • Gain: 75%
  • Filter: 0%
  • Minimum Force: 2%
  • Kerb Effects: 0%
  • Road Effects: 0%
  • Slip Effects: 0%
  • ABS effects: 0%
  • Gamma: 1.00
  • Filter: 0.00
  • Speed Sensitivity: 0.00
  • Brake Gamma: 2.40
Enabled Gyro
gyro.png
Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.12
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

Post Processing
pp.png

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.8

[LUT]
CURVE=mylut.lut
pp.png

I hope this helps someone else with the T300 to get a more immersive FFB feel.

Last edited:
T300 SUPERB FFB SETTINGS 2020 (with CM)

Hi Guys,

After having the T300 for over a year now (which I love), I tried, as all of us, to find a superb FFB feeling to my liking, which is not brutal, but strong enough to feel even the slightest road / track anomalies, or when passing over a curb to feel it. I tried all the combos posted here, and then I started experimenting mixing and matching settings, testing sliders one by one, then a mix of them, and so on. Anyway, I 've come up with the below settings which I find almost perfect (for me), and I wanted to share them with all, and maybe someone likes them! So, lets go:

T300 PANEL
T300 PANEL.PNG

In-game Settings (In CM)
CM.PNG

Enabled Gyro

Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
GYRO.PNG

Post Processing

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
FF POST PR.PNG

On track FFB Clip App
DEFAULT FFB STRENGTH 80
DYNAMIC THRESOLD 100
DYNAMIC MODE INTENSITY 150
DYNAMIC MODE ON

I set the majority of the cars between 65-80 (depending on the car)

Finally, THE NEW FFB TWEAKS IN CM, IS NOT ACTIVATED

Do a lap at Nordschleife where the road has all kinds of anomalies, uphills, slopes, etc.

I hope you like them !

Last edited:
Ok a question. My t300rs with any setup i tried, even with the first page one starts vibrating in center position, when going in long straights. Is that normal ? Can i reduce somehow this vibration ?

What track are you on? What car? I get that on the Shutoko track and some mod tracks. Nothing you can do in those cases.

try my settings on this page, maybe it will solve it. as eyeon said it happens on some mod tracks like shuto where the car always moves left right, but in the majority of the tracks this shouldnt happen...

I read somewhere the designer of FFBClip said he only developed the Dynamic mode as an experiment. I think the mode just exaggerates every force up to the dynamic level setting also stops clipping as well. I tried dynamic mode and found it way too noisy on the feel.

I'm surprised you have all the effects dialled right up as well. Most people would have them set to about 20% for each. Having them so high would drown out any real feedback to do with loss of traction I would have thought.

did you tried my settings? They feel ultra realistic (opinions of users already tested them, are positive and happy!) afterall the FFB is about giving you happiness by vibrating the "reality" through your hands!

forget about what most people do or dont (ex. you shouldnt dial up the road fx because it is not the reality and blah blah. When I tested these road fx at 20% or 0 or so. I felt nothing from the road or the abs or the brakes). It s all about experimentation.
The FFB is a personal / subjective feeling and I tried to simulate on my hands, what I feel on a real road / track, when I pass over a bump or a slope change, and you feel these quite good.
About FFB clip, what the designer stated is true, that's why I "played" with the dynamic mode and adjusted it (since I liked it to have it on but it needed some tweaking), and now it is very nice, not so abrasive but quite subtle.
Try the settings and I am interested in hearing your opinion (i posted a fresh thread with the settings to avoid confusing with several others in this thread

Last edited:
Looks like you are not using a .lut file which I agree with.

I tried going down that route with wheelcheck and LUT generator. I then enabled .lut file use in AC and pointed it to my .lut file. All I found was it reduced any forces coming from the wheel so I reverted back to gamma

I'm quite happy with how mine is setup now so I don't want to play with it anymore. My settings are very similar to yours minus the effects sliders I think.

I think I turned up the gamma to 120% so that it only gives me high forces when it thinks forces need to be really high. This smoothed out the wheel oscillation down the straights. I also have enhanced understeer effect turned on which worked for me.

FFBClip probably does a great job at ensuring you don't clip but I felt it lowered the forces a bit too much. I'd rather have a little clipping if it means I get more feedback.

I think I struggle a bit with all this as I only have Thrustmaster TX (same as T300RS). The force is OK but a bit on the low side probably.

Bonjour à tous, j'ai essayé de nombreux réglages avec le Thrustmaster TX pour rouler sur Assetto Corsa, mais en ligne droite le volant a un mouvement oscillant ou pendulaire, il m'est impossible d'aller en ligne droite. Pour l'instant je n'ai pas testé Wheelchecker, LUT generator, et FFB Clip app. J'espère résoudre mon problème d'oscillation assez vite car après 4 tours de l'Enfer Vert je n'ai plus de bras !
Merci à vous

Hello everyone, I have tried many settings with the Thrustmaster TX to ride on Assetto Corsa, but in a straight line the steering wheel has an oscillating or pandular motion, it is impossible for me to go in a straight line. So far I haven't tested Wheelchecker, LUT generator, and FFB Clip app. I hope to solve my oscillation problem quickly enough because after 4 laps of Green Hell I have no more arms!
thank you

If it's a strong oscillation you might have inverted FFB.
bL6meZe.jpg

(Content Manager puts it here)
Checking it, trying ingame, then unchecking it, should give you an extremely obvious change in FFB so you'll know which way you want it set up.

If it's a relatively small thing, like it just swings back and forth stronger and stronger if you let go of the wheel, it can be other sources of oscillation (like having Gamma set to anything besides 100%) Only reason that would be bad for your arms is if you have min. force set way too high.

For anyone of you who did not find a good T300 setting : I tried several settings for years but always ended up with my original ones.
Thes are for me still the best T300 settings:

Thrustmaster Panel:

gain 75
constant 100
periodic 100
spring 0
damper 100

Ingame:

overall strenght 100
min. force 2
kerbs 22
road 20
slip 15
abs 8

enchanced understeer NO

No Gyro and no LUT

Many other things i have seen are way over the top and providing "false feedback" You feel strong effects and think - yeah thats it, but thes are more "fake effect" if you crank up the sliders to much.
I don`t have much idea of that stuff. Its just a personal feeling i learned driving over the years.

However I liked Michael`s settings from 1st page also. If i didn`t like my settings i would choose them first...

PS: Of course you need to adjust every cars ffb-strenght manuelly. But with the wonderfull working ffb-meter its a matter of 1 or 2 rounds... Most of the GT cars fe. i drive at 82-85 but there are also mods where i have set it around the 60s or other mods at 95%
So its very very mod and/or car depending.

If it's a strong oscillation you might have inverted FFB.
bL6meZe.jpg

Good morning all,

using the setting proposed by Tassos it works flawlessly. The only one chose is spring and the last one left at 0%. I downloaded and used Wheelcheck and LUT Generator, instead of gamma in Content Manager I put my T300TX.lut file. Now my car is driving straight and even when the rear starts to pull away I can finally catch up with it!

The steering wheel no longer has this perpetual pendular and oscillating movement, I can finally concentrate on my trajectories and the masses of the car. Next step tomorrow FFB Clip app, I'm in a very, very hurry!!!!!

Thank you all !

PS: merci au traducteur électronique

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes