Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T300 Settings

jpg.jpg

Hi everyone, here we are with my personal settings for the Thrustmaster T300 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa. If you want more infos about the FFB, I suggest you to read this post of Luca Sodano from @kunos and this article on Reddit. Have a look at the settings below or download the files for an easy setup.

Download-Button-PNG-Background-Image.png

Thrustmaster Control Panel
Cattura1.JPG cp.png

• Degree of Rotation: 900°
  • Overall FFB: 100%
  • Constant: 100%
  • Periodic: 100%
  • Spring: 100%
  • Damper: 0%
  • Auto-Center: by the game

In-game Settings
  • Degree of Rotation: 900°
  • Gain: 75%
  • Filter: 0%
  • Minimum Force: 2%
  • Kerb Effects: 0%
  • Road Effects: 0%
  • Slip Effects: 0%
  • ABS effects: 0%
  • Gamma: 1.00
  • Filter: 0.00
  • Speed Sensitivity: 0.00
  • Brake Gamma: 2.40
Enabled Gyro
gyro.png
Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.12
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

Post Processing
pp.png

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.8

[LUT]
CURVE=mylut.lut
pp.png

I hope this helps someone else with the T300 to get a more immersive FFB feel.

Last edited:
@Giovaneveterano first, thanks for sharing your experience. I just got my new T300 and will try your settings right from the beginning. One question I ask myself is, with how much FFB is the wheel running with your settings? Overall FFB: 100% and Gain: 75% means that it's running with 75% of its force? EDIT: Just found the formula you posted here.

In the in-game FFB app, the first parameter has no label. It is gain or?

Both of you do use 0/0/0 for road/kerbs/slip. Do you get any feedback at all? With all set to 0 I barely get any feedback.

Last edited:
I have many problems with these settings, i can not feel under an oversteer. With Standard T500 Setting in Game my Wheel feels better. I have generated the mylut file and enabled gyro.

Should I use ffbclip on dynamic with these settings?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the settings. Total noob here with a Thrustmaster XT.
If I generate the LUT file following the steps in
LUT Generator for AC 0.15

It requests the following:
Open ff_post_process.ini located in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ and make sure the TYPE=LUT, ENABLED=1 and CURVE = Generated LUT filename
In this settings, it says TYPE=GAMMA.
Are these settings actually using the LUT file?

I agree with other comments here that keeping the road (for example) to 0 seems that I lose all the road feel.

I have maked now a new lut file with 100 counts and set your settings.
But in Game i have Gain on 100%, and i use ffbclip with stock settings.

Now i can feel over and understeer, the settings now are very good to my wheel!
Perhaps it had not worked before on gain 75, because i am using ffbclip.

Thank you!

Edit: On my driver, i set spring to 0%.

Before using a LUT with a T300, it's worth reading this thread:

Okay,

I don't know whats going on here, I did every step both op and Michael have said to do as my wheel was doing what most people say happens. Where it just counter steers for no reason back and forth on a straight until I spin out, and now it just violently vibrates at dead center and will smooth out as I give it gas and turn. It is also extremely heavy as if there's no powersteering, then goes back to violently shaking at center. I don't seem to have the [FF_EXPERIMENTAL] in my Assetto.ini so Maybe that could be it? I might try uninstalling the game and reinstall and see if that helps, as this is the only game I seem to be having an issue with. I

If anyone can help I would GREATLY appreciate it

I have my T300 since yesterday. And search some good setting for the buttons an the wheel. There is no preset for t300rs and the buttons. I want to change view and can look left and right, maybe some other good things I don´t know atm?

I'd like to ask. I had my T300 wheel for about two years now but never gotten into AC. I remember reading guides about FF back then but I couldn't get it to work correctly and ultimately gave up.
Last week I found about the Shutoko project and after first online "race" I'm hooked but I'm getting stuck at the Force Feedback again.
If I try to use the FF with post processing, both Gamma and LUT (generated my own) setting shake the wheel like crazy in the center. I dont think its normal. If I move the steering axis just 0.1% either way, it stops. I've tried some combinations that are mentioned here, but its always the same.
The FF without the post processing doesn't do this, however feels.. well I don't know how to describe it, but its like the wheel feels heavier and that's it.
Anyone experienced the "shaking" in center position with their T300?

Shaking in the center is an inherent part of gamma, it should be left at 100% (or use lut). Unfortunately OP in this thread just has bad ffb settings. Alternately leave that post-processing off and just set min. force as suggested in this thread. If you have lut enabled, you generally need min. force 0%.

I have my T300 since yesterday. And search some good setting for the buttons an the wheel. There is no preset for t300rs and the buttons. I want to change view and can look left and right, maybe some other good things I don´t know atm?

Hi,
You can map look left and right to buttons on wheel as well as pretty much everything else as you want.

Just start a new profile and click on assign input for each control you want to control via the wheel then save the new profile as Thrustmaster TX.

I have been playing around with settings for FFB as I have had a bit more time with the wheel and AC.

I tried using the LUT method but it just sucked all the power out of the FFB.

I seem to be getting better results by reverting back to gamma mode.

The wheel oscillation in a straight line when you take your hands off is related to the gamma setting. I think what is happening is that at a lower gamma (<100%) the software lifts the power level for the normally lower FFB effects and conversely when the gamma is >100% the software reduces the power for the lower end effects saving the highest power for the highest power effects. This means at a gamma of 100% you are getting the standard power delivery scale.

Does this make sense?

For me, I found by setting gamma to 75% or below it resulted in amplifying the normally lower level effects down the straight (causes the oscillation if you let go of the wheel) and it makes it harder to turn in. By setting to 125% I found it made the lower level effects less intense eg. driving in a straight line eliminating oscillation and it also weakened the force required to turn in which I prefer up to a point.

I'm not sure FFBClip gives me much either. I have turned it off and just set FFB gain to 100% in the global settings. When I get into each car I set FFB to 80% by using the keyboard +/- keys. I go for a drive and get a feel for it. If it is too heavy turning in I will reduce FFB strength until it feels right.

I suggest picking a car you like and you know it has FFB effects that seem responsive. Go for a drive with what I have said above but turn off all the effects (kerb, road, abs etc.). get the basic FFB level set as I described above. Once you are happy, play with the enhanced understeer and slip effect to see if it helps you. Then turn up each effect how you like for kerbs, road etc. This way you don't get swamped with everything all at once.

I'm undecided on the Gyro effect damper level and gain. I didn't feel much difference with it on or off but I might need more time to play.

I just read my post above.

For the uninitiated, there's a fair few terms that people might not fully grasp.

My post assumes you have gone through the process of using Content manager, wheelcheck, LUT generator.

I tried the WheelCheck LUT route but didn't like the weakness in force it gave.

By the way, if you do use FFB clip then I read somewhere that the 'dynamic' mode was only an experimental feature. It amplifies all the low end FFB signals and squashes all the high power FFB to just give a constant attack on your hands. I think if you have to use FFB clip you should turn off dynamic.

The idea of FFB clip is it self learns the highest FFB level your wheel can deliver without clipping and sets the level for you up to the limit you set in the main game settings. In my experience it generally set FFB to around 65%.

To finish off, I prefer to get rid of FFB clip and set things up as I described in my previous post. This gives me strong force as needed. I tend to have most cars set to 70% once loaded into a track. AC is good at remembering where you set each car's custom FFB level for next time automatically.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back