Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

In music there are songs which are great and sticky when you hear them the first time. And there are songs which are named as "growers". The sticky song gets boring and sometimes annoying after some time. But the grower grows till its one of your all-time-favourite-songs. ;)

AC is definately a grower in Sim-Racing.

So I wait with my review for some days.
First Impression: Good, but still grows on me ;)

I haven't even gotten out my T500 yet, just bought the game tonight after getting the kids to bed and had a quick blast using my Xbox pad.

It. Is. Fantastic.

I can only imagine how good it'll be with the wheel. And I think when the proper production Oculus Rift is launched, my life as I currently know it may well be over...

Top tip: M3 GT2, Imola, replay, watching the car round the hairpin using TV camera 7 (the static one). I just couldn't stop smiling watching it :D

we I've really enjoyed going round the tracks tonight in the various cars, the physics i feel are pretty awesome, and feeling hopeful for the final release, but please

Kunos you really do need to optimise this graphics engine....i mean I'm running a GTX Titan and I'm getting odd little stutters still, I've managed to fix most of it by turning off V-Sync in game plus going into Nvidia Control Panel and changing Vertical Sync to Adaptive and turning triple buffering on,
I'm even overriding the AA settings and have FXAA set to ON, Antialising 32xCSAA and transparency set to x8 to make the game look somewhat better, but no matter what i do, it still looks a little low res'ified......odd

also i can't bind my Fanatec CSR wheel joystick to any controls, such as look left,right and behind, could you please fix this.

About the penalty when off track:
Go to Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg and open the race.ini with notepad and change the "ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT" from 2 to -1
I found this in their official forum (thanks PatriK)

I saw someone saying the physics are poor because he can`t get the car sideways...

Now, either this fine gentleman has full aids in-game, or he is the worst driver in history, LOL... The cars feel so natural. The M3 E30, as I had said, is the most similar to my MX-5 in terms of technology and power, and the way it goes sideways and what it takes for it to do so is very similar.

I know that Verutal-Rrr isn't popular name here on RD, but I have to quote gentleman who commented on AC there:

Roger Wallentin • 5 hours ago
Ok I have driven now for about 2 hours

AC lives up to the hype, this is the new benchmark!

The road cars are extremely accurate and each car is so incredibly unique in feel and balance etc. I have driven the 458 IRL on road and track and you can clearly feel its unique handling and steering.

The power vs grip in straight and corners are spot on based on my real life experience with the same or similar cars.

Well, that's the best recommendation you can hear.

I think I am going crazy... downloaded it in the first minute it was up but I am still not back home and couldn't try it yet. It is 2am, I guess I will need to get some sleep first :(

What do you guys think about understeer? I mean in M3 e92, 458 or even Lotus 49, it seems to me a bit overboard.

I read that before and some guys suggest playing with the setup improves that a lot...

Guys,

I love it a lot so far. Driving feeling like in any sim.

Just one issue and it also happened in the tech demo and in nKpro and has to do with steering linearity. I move my physical wheel some small degrees and the sim wheels moves a lot and very quick, making me to turn off the wheel movement and the driver arms, it really bothers.

Someone having the same issue?

Steam isnt good to buy anymore. I'm brazilian and just want to buy in DOLLAR, not our currency REAL. Why? All banks do not accept to buy abroad in REAL. So, you cant buy at STEAM. Not even in paypal is working anymore. Please, is there another way to buy instead steam.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.7%