Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

39.99$? it's almost the same as free ticket for this kind of game!! that was clearly worth waiting.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway I'm wondering if it's possible to make the 'degrees of rotation' of the game wheel be automatically adjusted depending on its car within 'in game', like that rfactor 2 does.

Road car FFB even more smooth/stale/soft/subtle feeling than the tech preview, though it probably feels more like a real car wheel than your typical high detail FFB, still it is really splitting opinion from what I've seen. Formula Abarth FFB is similar to NetKar Pro to me, very precise and direct.

Loving it though, real joy to drive. Not sold on the Ferrari 458 but the KTM X-Bow, Formula Abarth and the Lotus Elise/Exige are a joy to drive. Would like some more tracks to drive on!

Car sounds are a bit uninspiring accross the board, almost feels like they have a high pass filter on them, no top end at all. I found the BMW M3 GT2 to have really weird sounds, almost sounded like someone fiddling with a low quality mic, a ruffled rustling sound in the background when I'm going down the straight, really bizarre.

Graphics are alright, AA settings don't seem to do anything though and the lighting seems a bit overly bright and saturated, I'd like to get it looking more natural.

But with all that said I do love it, I look forward to many years playing this game.

Great!
:( and that about this "12 Special Events" mentioned on the buy site in Steampowered.com?
Are thos competing against AI?
and how come racedepartment topic lists all thos tracks
quoteing: TRACKS
AUTODROMO DI MAGIONE
AUTODROMO DI VALLELUNGA
AUTODROMO DI VALLELUNGA – Club
AUTODROMO DI IMOLA
GERMANY CIRCUIT
AUTODROMO DEL MUGELLO
AUTODROMO DI MONZA
AUTODROMO DI MONZA CLASSIC 60′S EDITION
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT – INTERNATIONAL
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT – NATIONAL
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT – GP
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS
SPECIAL ROUTES
TRENTO-BONDONE HILLCLIMB COURSE
SPECIAL STAGES
DRAG STRIP
DRIFT TEST TRACK
SHOWROOMS
CITY BY NIGHT
DARK ENVIRONMENT
GARAGE
INDUSTRIAL
MIDTOWN
NATURE
THE HANGAR

??

I need to correct some things here.

Firstly, regarding AI - there will be AI in the final release of the game, just not yet in this 'early access' version. Don't worry though - you'll get upgraded to the full version for free when it comes out.

Secondly, regarding the tracks - that is the full list of tracks for the full version (or at least the ones that have been officially announced so far, more may come in the future via DLC), but only 5 of those are in the current version. Same goes for the cars, there is only a selection of cars. But once again, you will get all the cars and tracks announced for Version 1.0 when it comes out.

39.99$? it's almost the same as free ticket for this kind of game!! that was clearly worth waiting.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway I'm wondering if it's possible to make the 'degrees of rotation' of the game wheel be automatically adjusted depending on its car within 'in game', like that rfactor 2 does.

USD is cheaper than the EUR and GBP (in comparison. GBP is the most expensive of those three) :)
And ye, the steering wheel in-game is tricking me sometimes as well!

Bloody hell! 05:41 here, work in just over 6 hours! I was awake waaay to long making videos of this game. Oh jeez.
I hate it when I love new games!:O_o:

Oh well, time to get a few hours sleep, go to work, make a ton of burgers, then some more driving, sleep, work, burgers, driving, video, driving. What a life!:unsure:

Oh who am I kidding! I love it! :giggle:

Steam isnt good to buy anymore. I'm brazilian and just want to buy in DOLLAR, not our currency REAL. Why? All banks do not accept to buy abroad in REAL. So, you cant buy at STEAM. Not even in paypal is working anymore. Please, is there another way to buy instead steam.

Get a fried to buy it for you as a "steam gift" then send them the money over pay pal , I have had friends in USA buy me games before.

it does already. just set your wheels rotational degrres in control setup.

I agree on understeer, don't know if it's realistic or not because I haven't driven any of these cars irl, but particularly the 458 keeps surprising me with not wanting to turn into the corner.
Changing tires to semi slicks helped a little but I'm still struggling a bit.
The one complaint I have about the game is the same as with DTM, the lack of sensation of speed in cockpit view.
Might be that other games are exaggerated and I'm used to that, but I find it hard to judge my speed approaching a corner without checking the ui. This ofc adds to the understeer as I approach corners with too much speed, actually that might be the whole reason for all I know. If anyone know of some settings that can improve this then please do share! (I'm on single monitor)

To those who complain about the sounds, are you running in bumper cam view? I found the sounds in cockpit to be fairly good, but in bumper cam they are horrible. Not only does it sound weird, like I'm holding a tin can to my ear, but it's also suffering from some distortion and weird stuff happening.

Overall I'm very much satisfied with the game though, I'm having tons of fun with the X-Bow and the FAbarth, the Z4 seems fun but I've yet to put in enough time to learn it.

A final word on that sensation of speed thingy, after a couple of laps I start to learn what kind of RPM range and gear I need to be in to manage the corner, so I can manage to get laps done and enjoy the brilliant physics and ffb, but I'd like to be able to judge my speed from just looking ahead like in other games, dunno exactly what is different just that I'm not feeling it as much in AC as I do in say iRacing and GT Legends.

all works fine , same or better as the tech demo

wasnt to happy with the handling at first

but the cars had steet tyres on,,so after putting on the semi slicks , it feels like a dream

assetto corsa has the tendency to open a new window if you press the wrong start button ,,and that could be causing the problems with glitches that many have shown here

so alt tab ,close 2nd window,,and press start engine on the right page
and it will run smooth again

yes its not perfect, but a much better wait this way until 1.0 version
with new stuff every 2 weeks

A final word on that sensation of speed thingy, after a couple of laps I start to learn what kind of RPM range and gear I need to be in to manage the corner, so I can manage to get laps done and enjoy the brilliant physics and ffb, but I'd like to be able to judge my speed from just looking ahead like in other games, dunno exactly what is different just that I'm not feeling it as much in AC as I do in say iRacing and GT Legends.

have you tried fiddling with the Motion Blur setting? afterall that's what it's there for, might be resource hungry though so be careful!

Erm, fairly certain overriding the default AA settings doesn't do anything. Game definitely needs improved AA and crisper image quality.

I can assure you that forcing more AA defiantly improves image quality a little, I'm at work for the next 12 hours but I'll try and post a before and after shot when I get home, and a shot of what I changed in Nvidia control panel.
Peace out ;)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 57 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 93 58.1%