Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I want to buy this so bad, but I'm really undecided whether I should or not because of my PC specs. Here they are:

MSI 770-G45
AMD Phenom II X4 925
Radeon HD 5750 1GB
4GB RAM 1333MHz
Windows 8 64 bit
1920X1080 Resolution on 32" TV

Can I handle the game?

I want to buy this so bad, but I'm really undecided whether I should or not because of my PC specs. Here they are:

MSI 770-G45
AMD Phenom II X4 925
Radeon HD 5750 1GB
4GB RAM 1333MHz
Windows 8 64 bit
1920X1080 Resolution on 32" TV

Can I handle the game?

Easily enough, you wont be able to crank up the graphics, but it still should look quite good.

Edit: Mhm, I overestimated that HD5750 a bit, so it could actually be a bit tight, but I can run it ok with a hd4870 with 512mb and and older double core.

Ok guys. A breif recap of my evening so far:

*install AC
*try AC
*feel a little dissapointed
*fiddle ALOT with settings
*feel a little less dissapointed
*try more cars on more tracks
*remember rF2 as much better than this
*try rF2
*uninstall rF2...

I don't know tested some diffrent ingame FFB settings with my G25 and for me it feels terrible. I have absolutely no feel for the front and just a tiny bit for the rear and the wheel moving ingame is very nervous.
Maybe I can find something in the profiler, but the first impression isn't good for me...

be1d7e1e9aa12472b12a493990b25ed2.png

Hey I too would love to know if my specs are up to at least the minimum required. I'm a complete noob at computer specs as all I do know is that it can run Race 07 easily and that's a much less demanding game I guess. :redface:

Thanks for any help!

Results of fiddeling:

*Uncheck "lock camera to horizon"
*Uncheck "vertical sync"
*Set graphics as to get as much FPS as possible.
*On track, press home key, type: "set fpsCap 60" (or your monitors refresh rate) press enter, press home key again and press c key until you 're back at the right cam position. This caps frames at the value of your choice and doesn't seem to add lag.
Unfortunately you have to do this every time you start a new session. Edit: I think I remember this feature supposedly being in official settings in 1.0, dont quote me on that though.
*On track, use +- keys for FOV

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back