Assetto Corsa | New Update - BMW M2 CS Racing Files Added...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a very surprising new update to the original Assetto Corsa simulation recently... adding new liveries and.... potentially a new car!

Yup, you heard it right - a new car looks like it is heading to Assetto Corsa in the not too distant future. According to reports, the small and surprise build update for Assetto Corsa that crept onto Steam today contains a collection of new liveries for the special edition Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car, plus some files that suggest the BMW M2 CS Racing may well be made available to players of the title in the near future.

AC ferrari.jpg

Firstly, let's talk about the Ferrari liveries. As many of you will probably know, the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO joined the simulation last year as part of the Ferrari Esport Series, and with preparations in full swing for the new series of the championship, Ferrari hosted a special edition one off 'All Stars Esport Racing Night' with various famous names from the world of racing taking part in the action out on track. With the event now complete, Kunos have taken the decision to release the liveries from the race to the main Assetto Corsa game, adding some nice additional depth to the field for this awesome car.

Fun fact, I was in the comms box for that race, alongside Charles Leclerc and Valentino Rossi!!!

In regard to the more surprising bit of news from this latest build, according to several reports the small update also added a folder within the game director called “ks_bmw_m2cs_racing” - although the folder is currently empty, this new bit of news very strongly suggests Kunos are in the midst of releasing a new car for the first time in quite a while - and a very interesting track machine at that.

So there you have it folks - life in the old dog yet!

Assetto Corsa is available now on both PC and console.

For Assetto Corsa news and chat, head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a thread today!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 22.45.31.jpeg

Last edited:
CM here shows some details for the other Guirella cars, but not any suspension, gear or motor in the M2. Huh.
So is it an exact match (doesn't say so), or is it a %100? :D

cheers
It's not a very complex check, the only available values are 100% match (meaning entire suspension file is identical) or no comment. So if a modder knows people are checking they just change 1 number and the message goes away. If you want to actually know how much is still a match you'd have to compare the files.

Of course not being an exact match also doesn't mean it's better than the Kunos version...

Last edited:
Stock game doesn't have turn signals, and whatever you think, it would be a lot of work to add them. That's why CSP has only done it on about 3 cars; it was taking a few days each and they got bored.

Last edited:
CM here shows some details for the other Guirella cars, but not any suspension, gear or motor in the M2. Huh.
So is it an exact match (doesn't say so), or is it a %100? :D

cheers
copy paste entire physics and then changing 4 numbers doens't make you a modder, or at least a good one.
Yes you can argue that if it was already correct, why change it, but there is no guarantee it was correct to begin with

in my oppinion they are just as lazy as most people who convert stuff from Forza and just copy bits and pieces from other mods and only adjust what they have to , so that they can release it

some more proper modding team can take a year to fully develop the car
so how you want to compare it to team like Guerilla, who can release 4 cars a week ... anyhow

if you enjoy them, good for you ,
but please don't try to compare them to more serious modding teams, or to Kunos, they are nothing like the other teams

I can't speak much for physics, but there are so many broken things with their models / shaders / textures, that just there could easily spent a month to improve the cars , . but they are more into quantity rather than quality , ... to each it's own

oh I understand,
well kunos hasn't really been updating the core too much,so I don't really see why would they try to add that functionality, especially since it's already available through CSP
It was an example. Obviously not a big deal. However i think if they even have a second to work on adding more content for the base game there's a few things here and there they could work on first without having to add more content.

However i think if they even have a second to work on adding more content for the base game there's a few things here and there they could work on first without having to add more content.
Thats not how its works. They aren’t adding content for the sake of it, its not like they have X budget to spend on an old title and think adding a new car is the best way to spend it.
Its simply that a client has asked for it to be made, so kunos have produced it. Nothing more. They aren’t developing AC1 anymore.

Thats not how its works. They aren’t adding content for the sake of it, its not like they have X budget to spend on an old title and think adding a new car is the best way to spend it.
Its simply that a client has asked for it to be made, so kunos have produced it. Nothing more. They aren’t developing AC1 anymore.
So its just like the ferrari thing but for BMW? Makes sense. Also did Kunos add extra ferrari 488 trofeo skins with the update or did they just make the car public?

To be honest, if you haven't driven the latest version of Guerilla Mods BMW (latest meaning from a few months ago, maybe its been updated), I doubt theres anything to miss here.
Long ago I wouldn't be saying it, but their physics, model work etc are right up there with RSS levels today.

Could you please point me to the download for this BMW mod? I have the worst luck finding stuff. Must not be using good search terms.

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back