Assetto Corsa Mods: The Community 'Must Have' Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
10,000_AC_mods.jpg

With the 10,000 + mod uploads milestone reached here at RaceDepartment, we want to know your thoughts on your 'must have' Assetto Corsa mods...

We recently reported on the incredible milestone reached by the Assetto Corsa modding community - 10,000 uploads here at RaceDepartment, and to follow up on that impressive feat we thought it might be fun to reach out to the community and ask which mods you would recommend to a fellow sim racer.

Assetto Corsa Mods: Check out the AC Mods Download section HERE.

Often the cars and tracks get all the attention from the community - but in Assetto Corsa the variety of mods is quite incredible. Cars, tracks, skins, apps, shader mods, weather.. the list is almost endless. In fact it can sometimes be quite overwhelming for new sim racers to understand what the exceptional content is, so let's make it easier for them!

Please use the comments section below to highlight and link the RaceDepartment.com hosted mods you think are absolutely 'must have' for a current Assetto Corsa player.

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

AC Mods 1.jpg
AC Mods 3.jpg
AC Mods 2.jpg
AC Mods 4.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Stuff like Gary's Transit and Brian's Giulia set AC apart from other sims for me, unusual labours of love instead of the "freshest" supercars that will be forgotten next Wednesday.
Tracks everything from @Fat-Alfie and @LilSki can be recommended without question... but a hidden gem I tend to come back to and do some laps on is Great Wall Speedway by @SimoG. Fictional Italian layout, but just a great track to race on.

LA Canyons is amazing and so much fun. If you start getting used to it, reverse direction and you're learning it all over again...LOL

Also, the RSS, ACFL, and VRC car mods are excellent. In fact, the new VRC Bradley Project One at Sebring (<--also a must have) has been my addiction for the past week.

Ginetta SuperCup 2017 & Ginetta G55 GT4 2017. The skins and modelling are excellent - these cars are attractive on any track. The audio is very satisfying. What makes these cars a "must have" is the handling and FFB. My DFGT wheel has a narrow window of sensitivity, yet the Ginettas manage to convey tiny slips and a nuanced feel that leave me in control of a lively, communicative and responsive car. The GT4 plays nicely with Kunos's own GT4s, improving Assetto Corsa even further.

release_logo-jpg.214838

gt4_title1-jpg.235384

Ginetta SuperCup 2017 & Ginetta G55 GT4 2017. The skins and modelling are excellent - these cars are attractive on any track. The audio is very satisfying. What makes these cars a "must have" is the handling and FFB. My DFGT wheel has a narrow window of sensitivity, yet the Ginettas manage to convey tiny slips and a nuanced feel that leave me in control of a lively, communicative and responsive car. The GT4 plays nicely with Kunos's own GT4s, improving Assetto Corsa even further.

I'm gonna give a big fat no to this one since Shaun Clarke uses driver feedback instead of real data for the cars. One example of this is the Seat Leon Cup has significantly more downforce than it's supposed to have.

i have a lot, and selves tweaks,i even have super gt ,asseto still my favorite even with ai,it remind me i did put a mod once, it was a twek from a model that was rip...anyway i still play with it, long live the mods,long live the mods do not centralise on workshop from steam,stay away from it

edited: typos

and i even begun to make a track(3),with blender en lightwave,but not enought energy

Geez, where to start... The amount of quality mods really set AC apart from any other sim currently on the market. I could list so many great mods but I will try to list only 3 from a few different categories.

Tracks -
Road Atlanta
Donington
Bikernieke

Cars -
RSS GT pack
Formula 3 (all variants)
TVR Griffith 200

Miscellaneous -
Sol/shader patch/Content manager
Fonsecker sound mods (all 4 packs)
Custom Miscellaneous Sound Pack
Crew Chief

Apologies to whomever's work I left off my very short list. I could honestly put dozens upon dozens of mods on here that I would full heartily recommend. Keep up the great work AC modding community! You are the heart and Sol (see what I did there ;)) of this particular simulator!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 83 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • Forum trophies