Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring Nordschleife Dream Pack.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has officially released the 1.1 update along with the long-awaited Dream Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa.

The 1.1 update weights, rather fittingly, 1.1GB, and brings several improvements to one of the most popular simulators around.

The press release lists, most notably, improvements to the graphics department (particularly in terms of optimization and post-processing effects) and to the game's AI.

SEE ALSO: Buy an Assetto Corsa Steam Key for only 34,99 Euros

Furthermore, the update brings a flag and rules system and new overcast weather conditions.
You can check out the full changelog for the 1.1 update right here:

Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
  • Added ai-hints
  • New penalty system
  • Added Kick Quorum to the server
  • Fixed sound pops and clicks for some cars engines
  • Fixed traction control sound events
  • Fixed Tatuus FA01 limiter sound
  • Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
  • Launcher: more graceful handling of missing/problematic content
  • Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
  • Fixed blank resolution box
  • Fixed missing sound events
  • Fixed crashes volume
  • Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
  • Higher exterior volume for surround speaker configurations
  • Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimizations
  • Particle rendering optimiziations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.13
  • Updated Fmod SDK project (minor envelopment improvements)
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count
  • automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if
  • damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first
  • checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Update 1: First community made screenshots and videos are already uploaded to our media gallery here.

What you're getting at?
It's legal for road use, and Mclaren let's you spec the car to use it.
Yes it's extreme, it's suppoused to be.

Agreed, its a "track" tire that's completely street legal.

http://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/motorsport/all-tires/products-sheet/pzero-trofeo-r

"Specific for racetrack driving, it is approved for road use, enabling travel to the track."

Pirelli-P-Zero-Trofeo-r.jpg

I've seen street legal drag radial tires for cars that are far more "slick" than the Pirelli Trofeo R.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetRadial

"this D.O.T. approved street legal drag radial will get your car down the track in record time and drive you home with sure handling and an excellent ride."

et_street_radial_a.jpg

Holly cow, I just did some Nissan gt3 on Silverstone. This car melts the curbs. Those curbs are bit edgy for other gt3 cars, not for nismo. Runs over it better then most AC roadcars. I hope Kunos improves realism of curbing for other GT3 cars too. You can just push on and on, no fear of spin.

There is a nice post by Aris over at the official forums where he explains the thought process he put into making the Trofeo tires. Long story short is that they are slicks that are included so that newbies can make a lap. I would link to his post but would hate to be a 'know it all.'

Linking to information any from an official source is certainly more credible than your own words. I really hate that you're too immature to realize that and still acting like a child about it. And for the record, a Lotus 49 isn't a Ferrari so we all know that you're not a "know it all."

As for the Trofeo's, if Kunos modeled them as slicks in the game from a physics standpoint, well that's a mistake because they aren't slicks in real life, that's a fact and doesn't even need a source, just looking at the picture above is all the proof anyone needs of that.

Saying that the trofeo tires that are in game are the same as the tires in the post above is completely false...seeing as how you are supposed to be my replacement for spreading correct info you are already failing hard.

But again, whatever, sorry I posted, I just hate seeing wrong info.

Saying that the trofeo tires that are in game are the same as the tires in the post above is completely false...seeing as how you are supposed to be my replacement for spreading correct info you are already failing hard.

But again, whatever, sorry I posted, I just hate seeing wrong info.

I don't know what you're talking about anymore and I don't think you do either. I'm starting to think you're a bit of a drinker and tend to get a bit tipsy when you post here. The tires on the P1 in game are NOT slicks, you can see the tread on them. They may not have the same tread pattern as the Trofeo's shown above, they may be the standard P-Zero Trofeo's.

http://www.pirelli.com/tire/us/en/car/sheet-motorsport/pzero_trofeo.html

Either way, they are NOT slicks which is where this conversation was going before you decided to chime in and add your .02 which turned out to be worth less than .02 since it only confirmed my point that the P1 isn't using slicks, but thanks for your confirmation.

As for how the tire physics are modeled, I sure hope they didn't model them as slicks when they're clearly street tires visually and from the tire descriptions. You are allowed two tires types on the P1 in the settings/tuning menu, the Hypercar Road and Hypercar Trofeo, both tire models look identical in game so the only difference is the physics applied to those tires when you select them. Since the actual tire model doesn't change in game from a visual standpoint, its anyone's guess what physics tire model they're using for both sets of tires. However I would like to think we're in agreement that they shouldn't be slicks regardless, otherwise the tire description should state that they're slicks.

I don't know what you're talking about anymore and I don't think you do either. I'm starting to think you're a bit of a drinker and tend to get a bit tipsy when you post here. The tires on the P1 in game are NOT slicks, you can see the tread on them. They may not have the same tread pattern as the Trofeo's shown above, they may be the standard P-Zero Trofeo's.

http://www.pirelli.com/tire/us/en/car/sheet-motorsport/pzero_trofeo.html

Either way, they are NOT slicks which is where this conversation was going before you decided to chime in and add your .02 which turned out to be worth less than .02 since it only confirmed my point that the P1 isn't using slicks, but thanks for your confirmation.

As for how the tire physics are modeled, I sure hope they didn't model them as slicks when they're clearly street tires visually and from the tire descriptions. You are allowed two tires types on the P1 in the settings/tuning menu, the Hypercar Road and Hypercar Trofeo, both tire models look identical in game so the only difference is the physics applied to those tires when you select them. Since the actual tire model doesn't change in game from a visual standpoint, its anyone's guess what physics tire model they're using for both sets of tires. However I would like to think we're in agreement that they shouldn't be slicks regardless, otherwise the tire description should state that they're slicks.
:whistling::rolleyes:
From Aris:
Just to clear up the tyres situations as we understand it is confusing to some... What follows is only for the hardcore simracers :D

When TopGear tested the Pagani Hauyra, the laptime was nothing sort of incredible... the fans noted that the car had some "strange" tyres fitted for the fastlap and in the end both TG and Pagani admitted that the car was fitted with some "special tyres". Those tyres were actually slick tyres, hand cut with some rudimental tread.

We simulated those tyres in the huayra and so we are using them (in the correct dimensions) in the other hypercars too. They are trully slick tyres, even way too grippy and probably they last too much... We called them trofeo because... too long story... but they are proper slicks

The actual cars though do use the street tyres and if you want absolute realism and laptimes, then I would recommend street tyres and green track conditions with cold weather.
Source:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/mclaren-p1-vs-the-ferrari.21657/page-2

And I'm the drunk 'know it all'.....

:whistling::rolleyes:
From Aris:
Just to clear up the tyres situations as we understand it is confusing to some... What follows is only for the hardcore simracers :D

When TopGear tested the Pagani Hauyra, the laptime was nothing sort of incredible... the fans noted that the car had some "strange" tyres fitted for the fastlap and in the end both TG and Pagani admitted that the car was fitted with some "special tyres". Those tyres were actually slick tyres, hand cut with some rudimental tread.

We simulated those tyres in the huayra and so we are using them (in the correct dimensions) in the other hypercars too. They are trully slick tyres, even way too grippy and probably they last too much... We called them trofeo because... too long story... but they are proper slicks

The actual cars though do use the street tyres and if you want absolute realism and laptimes, then I would recommend street tyres and green track conditions with cold weather.
Source:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/mclaren-p1-vs-the-ferrari.21657/page-2

And I'm the drunk 'know it all'.....

Thanks for the post from Aris with link, still not sure why you had to keep making childish comments and posts just to get to this point, nor do I understand your last line which still has nothing at all to do with the original discussion or Aris's post. Quite simply once again, you decided to act like you had privileged information and then even threatened not to post it simply because you felt offended that someone corrected your mistake previously.

And ultimately, Aris's post only clears up how they chose to model the tires from a physics standpoint but they certainly don't look like slicks visually in game nor are they called slicks in the tire description which is quite misleading and disappointing from an accuracy standpoint.

This is what I would call misinformation:
The tires on the P1 in game are NOT slicks
I don't know what you're talking about anymore and I don't think you do either. I'm starting to think you're a bit of a drinker and tend to get a bit tipsy when you post here.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.