Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring Nordschleife Dream Pack.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has officially released the 1.1 update along with the long-awaited Dream Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa.

The 1.1 update weights, rather fittingly, 1.1GB, and brings several improvements to one of the most popular simulators around.

The press release lists, most notably, improvements to the graphics department (particularly in terms of optimization and post-processing effects) and to the game's AI.

SEE ALSO: Buy an Assetto Corsa Steam Key for only 34,99 Euros

Furthermore, the update brings a flag and rules system and new overcast weather conditions.
You can check out the full changelog for the 1.1 update right here:

Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
  • Added ai-hints
  • New penalty system
  • Added Kick Quorum to the server
  • Fixed sound pops and clicks for some cars engines
  • Fixed traction control sound events
  • Fixed Tatuus FA01 limiter sound
  • Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
  • Launcher: more graceful handling of missing/problematic content
  • Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
  • Fixed blank resolution box
  • Fixed missing sound events
  • Fixed crashes volume
  • Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
  • Higher exterior volume for surround speaker configurations
  • Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimizations
  • Particle rendering optimiziations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.13
  • Updated Fmod SDK project (minor envelopment improvements)
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count
  • automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if
  • damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first
  • checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Update 1: First community made screenshots and videos are already uploaded to our media gallery here.

This is funny, you may not see this kind of details but I as a track builder can saw this on the the first lap so would you like to see more details :)

I can tell you that if two different track builders create totally scratch build tracks there's never that kind of same track sections in both of them. Both of these tracks made by Game Company, ok, let's see how it looks in some modders scratch build track, this place is just after the Karusell. Must check that snoopy's version also...

ACNyrre.jpg

EvoNyrre.jpg

Snoopy's track
SnoopysNyrre.jpg
I don't have any doubts about it being laser scanned after that one.

A friend shared his P1 file with me, so I haven't bought the DLC, but get the full P1 files. I installed it, an the game recognizes it. But when I load the track, the game crashes. Has kunos added a save against copy to the files or have I done something else wrong?

A friend shared his P1 file with me, so I haven't bought the DLC, but get the full P1 files. I installed it, an the game recognizes it. But when I load the track, the game crashes. Has kunos added a save against copy to the files or have I done something else wrong?

Yes, you forgot to go to the main assetto corsa folder and pack the AssettoCorsa launcher in winrar and move it OUT of the folder. This is to trick the fail safes that kunos put in place to deter people from pirating his work. Then you delete the file and check for game integrity through steam... assuming you have steam and that you didn't pirate assetto corsa entirely. Afterwards when it shows the integrity is compromised, you delete the entire game off your system and go play farmville on facebook.

Enjoy the P1

Thanks for video, looks so good. But if you wanna prove something to me so compararison should be done between AC and GTR Evolution also, is it possible?
Here it is. Start AC video at 0:43 and GTR video at 0:08 to get them syncronized. (takes a lot of time to edit and upload:thumbsup:) also provided a gtr vs real comparison.
AC
GTR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQS9dI-vdx4
GTR vs Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlr52Cp_Uo

Hocheichen (exit of the first group of corners) looks pretty different to me.
BTW I agree with you that in some points of the track we have some overlapping textures, but the proportions of the track are so accurate to make me question if it really was laserscanned, in my point of view.

Last edited:
Aren't the times achieved too fast? For example I already did 6,18 min with zonda R on Nordschleife (3rd on rsr) while the real life time is 6,48 min. I know that we don't have a fear factor in sim so a couple of seconds could be shaved of. But 30 sec? And I can go faster...
Which weather, surface, ºC, you used?
Also in real life I don't know how many opportunities that driver had to go on Nordschleife track. In the game we can really drive many laps one after the other and restart. In real life he might just do a couple and might not know the limits of the car and track like we do in a game.

What you did wrong was that you pirated content for a game that is worth every penny and the DLC was quite frankly a steal at its legitimate asking price, so you basically stole something that was already a steal to purchase legally. Pretty low.

What you did wrong was that you pirated content for a game that is worth every penny and the DLC was quite frankly a steal at its legitimate asking price, so you basically stole something that was already a steal to purchase legally. Pretty low.

He received a vacation for it too. ;)

Last edited:

God bless you sir! I could not have said it better. You made my day.

More piracy than Assassin's Creed: Black Flag :/

Does it not bother you that someone has put in many, many hours of work and research to finally create cars which are pretty close to realism (in terms of it's component modelling & physics). Considering that the DLC is only £10.99 in my country, you've practically got 10 brilliantly modelled cars and 3 brilliantly modelled tracks, which is fantastic value!

The guys at Kunos gotta put food on their tables, people like you are taking it from their mouth!

Last edited:
Aren't the times achieved too fast? For example I already did 6,18 min with zonda R on Nordschleife (3rd on rsr) while the real life time is 6,48 min. I know that we don't have a fear factor in sim so a couple of seconds could be shaved of. But 30 sec? And I can go faster...
The actual Nordschleife tarmac conditions are always quite dirty.
Even if it's a permanent circuit, generally the ideal line is not very "rubber-coated".
Only after a week-end race the track conditions becomes good in the ideal line.
The optimal track condition you can choose in AC is an ideal situation, impossible to achieve in the actual hotlap sessions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back