Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring Nordschleife Dream Pack.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has officially released the 1.1 update along with the long-awaited Dream Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa.

The 1.1 update weights, rather fittingly, 1.1GB, and brings several improvements to one of the most popular simulators around.

The press release lists, most notably, improvements to the graphics department (particularly in terms of optimization and post-processing effects) and to the game's AI.

SEE ALSO: Buy an Assetto Corsa Steam Key for only 34,99 Euros

Furthermore, the update brings a flag and rules system and new overcast weather conditions.
You can check out the full changelog for the 1.1 update right here:

Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
  • Added ai-hints
  • New penalty system
  • Added Kick Quorum to the server
  • Fixed sound pops and clicks for some cars engines
  • Fixed traction control sound events
  • Fixed Tatuus FA01 limiter sound
  • Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
  • Launcher: more graceful handling of missing/problematic content
  • Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
  • Fixed blank resolution box
  • Fixed missing sound events
  • Fixed crashes volume
  • Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
  • Higher exterior volume for surround speaker configurations
  • Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimizations
  • Particle rendering optimiziations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.13
  • Updated Fmod SDK project (minor envelopment improvements)
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count
  • automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if
  • damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first
  • checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Update 1: First community made screenshots and videos are already uploaded to our media gallery here.

"Hypercar Road" = Very aggressive street tyres, basically just below a R-Compound.

"Hypercar Trofeo" = Cut slicks, just like what the Pagani had on Top Gear.

Now stop being daft please.

While someone out there might appreciate YOUR definition of what those tire descriptions mean, there's no official definition of those tire descriptions in the real world stating what a Hypercar Road or a Hypercar Trofeo tire is so its nothing more than your opinion unless Kunos defines what they meant by each of those descriptions which then leads me to what I've been stating all along...

So, lets try this again since you don't seem to fully understand what a "slick" tire is. Have you seen the P1 tire model in Assetto Corsa? Start a race using the P1 and let the camera pan around the car at the settings/tuning menu. You can clearly see the tires are street legal tires. There's nothing "slick" about them. In the tire settings menu, you have two options there, Hypercar Road and Hypercar Trofeo, both of which have the exact same tire model visually. Neither of those tire descriptions give any impression that the car is using a slick tire. So that leads us to what Kunos programmed the tire model physics for each tire, and I'll state again, if they choose to model either of those tires as "slicks" without any visual indicator(either the tire model visually or the tire description), then its misleading and disappointing from an accuracy standpoint. I can't really be any more clear than this, if you don't get it at this point, you're simply incapable of understanding "slicks" and/or logic.

Last edited:
Sigh, lets try this again since you don't seem to fully understand what a "slick" tire is. Have you seen the P1 tire model in Assetto Corsa? Start a race using the P1 and let the camera pan around the car at the settings/tuning menu. You can clearly see the tires are street legal tires. There's nothing "slick" about them. Then in the tire settings menu, you have two options there, Hypercar Road and Hypercar Trofeo, both of which have the exact same tire model visually. Neither of those tire descriptions give any impression that the car is using a slick tire. So that leads us to what Kunos programmed the tire model physics for each tire, and I'll state again, if they choose to model either of those tires as "slicks" without any visual indicator(either the tire model or the description), then that is misleading and disappointing from an accuracy standpoint. I can't really be any more clear than this, if you don't get it at this point, you're simply incapable of understanding "slicks" and/or logic.
I don't give a **** what it looks like in-game, have you not noticed that tyre models never change ?

It's a slick, end of story.

I don't give a **** what it looks like in-game, have you not noticed that tyre models never change ?

It's a slick, end of story.

You're correct, I suppose this is the end because I'm wasting my time when you simply don't understand. Reading comprehension and logic isn't your strong suit. You and Michael are a party of two but at least you have company.

They are semi-slicks, therefore everyone is right! Yay! Did I just go back in time to when the internet was enraged with the Nissan GTR Nords lap?

I remember that. There's lots of trickery in tires however I thought Nissan implied that the GTR ran that lap on factory production spec tires when in fact they were actually track tires or "semi-slicks." Its been a few years so my memory might be fuzzy. I think the truth came out later that the tires weren't production spec tires.

I really love this 1.1. Seems to me FFB is much better, but maybe it is just placebo. Anyone else to comment on FFB ?

Also, that Alfa Romeo GTA... Had some close racing with it it is just awesome.

I was missing a car like this because I am not the fastest racer yet, and best fun I had so far was Mx5 on Iracing.

I don't understand why so much war and aggressivity between fan of this/that sim.

For me it is AC all the way because of the pricing, the more casual approach to races (Iracing is very stressful and one mistake can cost you everything, ranking wise).

Besides I do not feel that AC is easier to drive than the others, in a close race it is still the very little things that get you closer to an opponent, as well as clean and smooth driving.

My 0.2 CENTS ;)

Also wanted to add that even if I am playing AC, I do not understand haters of Iracing as well.

It is far from still beeing Ice-Racing, and tire model is very good on it as well. I find slides to be catchable, though maybe it is not as progressive as in AC. Which one is realistic ? I will not risk any analysis on that. Physics are pretty good on each side for me...

My problem with Iracing is the pricing. I have the money, but it hurts too much to buy a car for 10 euros to realize that I need to also buy tracks to be able to compete every week.

Pcars : tried a leaked build so I do not consider myself able to judge anything about it.

Rfactor 2 : I hate the package, I hate the graphics. Maybe sim is not about graphics but damn it is 2015 !!! Physics are excellent though, but I do not rate them higher than ac or iracing...

Maybe more things are simulated there but it just does not show for me, maybe because my knowledge of sim racing is not big enough yet ?

I started simracing with Iracing, sucked very bad at it (like any newbie), continue on Assetto Corsa, and when I came back to Iracing I was much better on it.

I think the most important ingredient, to me, is this one : Knowledge and reflexs are transferrable from one sim to another.

Now yes there are lot of things missing for AC, especially proper collision like bram stated. But for everything related to starting engine myself, having real start or weather, well I don't really care about it..

Last edited:
In AC the only difference is that it's easier to go slow. When you're going proper fast it's just as difficult, but probably with less "WTF" inducing moments.

Sorry to change subject but I recognized your name. I just wonder if I could ask you how you set a time in RSR on the point to point version of nordschleife? I tried using every different mode but I get error in RSR live timing because of starting in the pits. Hotlap starting outside the pits still gives the same message.

It seems to not be found here, but have you guys the ability to put TC on on the C7.R? I tried in an offline race i was doing and after tires started to be much more "sliding tool" i wanted to put a little bit of TC, it was not possible and i had TC and ABS to "Factory" in option. Real cars have TC in both TUSCC and WEC and, of course, no ABS. Is there somethings wrong on my side?

Also wanted to add that even if I am playing AC, I do not understand haters of Iracing as well.

It is far from still beeing Ice-Racing, and tire model is very good on it as well. I find slides to be catchable, though maybe it is not as progressive as in AC. Which one is realistic ? I will not risk any analysis on that. Physics are pretty good on each side for me...

My problem with Iracing is the pricing. I have the money, but it hurts too much to buy a car for 10 euros to realize that I need to also buy tracks to be able to compete every week.

Pcars : tried a leaked build so I do not consider myself able to judge anything about it.

Rfactor 2 : I hate the package, I hate the graphics. Maybe sim is not about graphics but damn it is 2015 !!! Physics are excellent though, but I do not rate them higher than ac or iracing...

Maybe more things are simulated there but it just does not show for me, maybe because my knowledge of sim racing is not big enough yet ?

I started simracing with Iracing, sucked very bad at it (like any newbie), continue on Assetto Corsa, and when I came back to Iracing I was much better on it.

I think the most important ingredient, to me, is this one : Knowledge and reflexs are transferrable from one sim to another.

Now yes there are lot of things missing for AC, especially proper collision like bram stated. But for everything related to starting engine myself, having real start or weather, well I don't really care about it..

I hate iRacing because I find it impossible to drive the cars and think they feel bad and not like driving a car. They feel very notchy and unsmooth and want to spin all the time, I can rarely complete a lap without a spin and I'm not that rubbish of a driver (I took five different DreamPack cars to the Nord in AC and didn't have a single spin). I have to download setups just to make them somewhat driveable, but they still are eagerly waiting to chase their tail at the first possible moment.

Combine that with the ridiculous pricing model, the infuriating ranking system, the confusing interface, and the fact that a lot of the users think their poop doesn't stink just because they use iRacing, and I find the whole thing to be a very unenjoyable experience.

Just my opinion, of course, your results may vary.

You are a little harsh with Iracing but yes opinions do vary.

I can understand what you say though, in Iracing every bump and change of the slip angle is more dramatic than in AC, like everything is overexagerated.

But again, when I say overexagerated I don't know what it feels like to drive a real car at that kind of speed on a track...

Anyway, 1.1 is awesome.

Sorry to change subject but I recognized your name. I just wonder if I could ask you how you set a time in RSR on the point to point version of nordschleife? I tried using every different mode but I get error in RSR live timing because of starting in the pits. Hotlap starting outside the pits still gives the same message.
Close RSR (don't have the app on screen). Then join back, still RSR off, leave the pits and then you can click the app. Every time you restart, close the app before so it doesn't register you in the pits.

Possibly a little harsh, but after spending years listening to the hype and then finally getting to try it, it was very disappointing. I've never driven a "race spec" MX-5 but I have driven an SRF under track-like conditions (think over-sized autocross) and I never once spun it. In iRacing I have an incredibly hard time getting the SRF around a track without spinning it. So, in my brief experience, it's nothing like the real thing and not enjoyable at all.

Again, just my opinion. Some people love iRacing, and I wish I could at least enjoy it, but I don't at all.

Close RSR (don't have the app on screen). Then join back, still RSR off, leave the pits and then you can click the app. Every time you restart, close the app before so it doesn't register you in the pits.

I tried that. Problem is it says "in the pits" even when I'm outside the startline, but outside the pits. If I cross the line before starting it it doesnt record. And to get around for another lap I need to enter the pits again.

I tried that. Problem is it says "in the pits" even when I'm outside the startline, but outside the pits. If I cross the line before starting it it doesnt record. And to get around for another lap I need to enter the pits again.
Alright, close RSR, leave the game.

Come back, leave the pits (at the barrier when the pit limiter is off), then start RSR. It should work.

To try another lap, close RSR, and press "Restart Session". Don't drive through the pits.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%