Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

well, not sure about you - but I got it very cheap on the first Early access, and for that money ACC is great! yes maybe it's not the best sim in the world, but no sim is really best for everyone

just enjouy it where it's good and enjoy other games that are better in different aspect

what's so wrong with have 3-4 favorite sims ?

Been a fan of AC for quite a while and it has the most hours up of all my racing sims/games. Still have high optimism for ACC and it could be my potato is not powerful enough for it (single screen user though). It played a lot better for me in some of the previous versions of the build. Like many a bit under-whelmed to date but still have confidence in the brand and the ACC vision.
Cannot see why punters would not like rF2 FFB - best in the business IMHO. Sure, the eye candy is not ACC, but it is good enough.

• Deleted member 197115

i think they took it off because they dont want people to buy it , now that it is not a beta anymore , and think that VR is playable , its not .
Most likely the reason. Spent more than an hour today trying to make it run properly in WMR, gave up and just uninstalled in anger. How come that other UE4 titles work so nice in VR, and with AC we have unusable UI with partially working mouse and menu pinned below my feet paired with abysmal performance.
And how in-house made AC engine can work so great even with all these extra mods. Looks better too.

I bought ACC to play endurance races with driver swaps, ie basically what I paid rF2 for (for more than 3 times the ACC price) and did not actually get because 75% of races ended in ridiculous bugs even though the game had been released 5 years ago. I don't take my personal experience as a general rule, but from my point of view ACC has a long way to go to be half as disappointing as rF2. So far, I cross fingers, ACC online has been very stable for me and as soon as there will be a solid driver swap feature I'll be a happy player even if the game has shortcomings.
As for comparison with AC, I guess that everyone tends to have a short memory, but people claimed that the game lacked depth - and rightly so: no rain, no night, no transitions, sketchy race rules. ACC has all the features that were missing.

Oh, I see, you're one of those guys.... enjoy ACC I guess...
Yeah with the 97 other players ;) lol
I have ACC still installed same as rF2 but not really playing either atm but will keep my eyes on the development and fire them up as they evolve.
Just enjoy whatever make ls you happy and let other enjoy whatever they like. I'm all over F1 2019 atm because.... it's just full sim, but I don't care ;)

Breaking news!! Andy_J could not take it anymore and uninstalled ACC!
It deserves to be announced by BBC NEWS right away!! The world has to know!!

Is there anything else Kunos must realise about His Majesty Brett and what he does and does not want?

Maybe you should stop with the personal attacks? and please keep this thread on track

Thanks

I really enjoy the driving in ACC the FFB is awesome.
Honestly though guys does it look good on your PC?
Maybe it's hardware restraint as I'm running a 34" ultrawide @ 2560x1080 on a 1050ti it just doesn't look great.
Am I alone?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back