Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

"Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release"

Do I remember that correctly that pre-v1 versions didn't have some of these issues?

And what is the history of saving your own hotlap times? That definitely worked for me. Sorry for the history question, I just don't play this game much more often than they release patches :mad:

It dropped a lot and there are some reasons for it. I'm also not happy that a lot of things doesn't work correctly at the moment. I hope they can fix those.

But it's nice to see when there are still a lot of guys enjoying this title. No sim is perfect...we all know.

What people fail to understand is that development of ACC did not stop after 1.0 release...1.0 was just a milestone witch in this case marked release of the 2018 content cars and tracks.. nobody said game will stop being developed after 1.0 and that`s all you got...

Developers cant stress enough on forums and social media that they are working on STABILITY of the game.. first whats the point of the damn features if you will have UE4 crashes and game freezes and **** like that.. even if they had all features in world player base would drop because game is unplayable.. Like this you can attleast play the game..features are easy to add.

I like ACC, even it's still running unsatisfying with all the issues and low performance in VR. Also i miss new Special Events since release and even with this update, no change! WTF is this? Are the next Special Events coming with ACC 2 or what is this all about? Player-numbers are dropping every day and they don't even bother to do a few minutes every month of work to change those Events that might lure people into launching the game again. Why no daily/weekly/monthly events like with other well-known titles?

What kind of macabre satisfaction do people get by saying the game is dead? I just don't get it.

Firstly I like the game, it’s not perfect but hopefully Kunos will keep improving the title.

At the moment I’m in the middle of an endurance league on RF2 so haven’t driven much on ACC, however the general comments seem to be.

1. No triple screen support (yes it does have it but it’s a compromise). This annoyed a lot of users and they walked away. You could say a major issue.
2. Erratic VR support. Some say it’s great, some say they can’t get more than 15 FPS, stuttering, screen tearing and so on. Again a lot of users don’t want to spend hours trying to get it working.
3. One series is concentrated on. A lot of people have moaned this is boring and repetitive, etc. not my view as I like a title that solely concentrates on one series but I can understand the frustration.
4. People wanted an iRacing style online experience, and that hasn’t materialized. However in my view this is very difficult to achieve. IRacing is king of the online "turn up and race" system and it just works very well. No other title has really achieved this. It’s only online leagues like RD that can achieve this sort of involvement.
5. Now this is not an issue with the game but a lot of online racers don’t possess a pc powerful enough to run this title. So they fire up the game, can’t get stable results and go back to RF2, AMS, Raceroom, etc.
6. There are unfortunately a lot of graphical glitches still. Most are an issue with the unreal engine and probably won’t be solved.
7. No modding support. Again not an issue for me but so many are addicted to AC simply because you can race hundreds of cars on hundreds of tracks, plus of course with SOL it’s been transformed.
8. Again a lot of users want that AC physics "feel" and ACC doesn’t have that.

I think this list just sums up the feelings of most users who race or have tried ACC.

I agree some of the YouTube and Facebook comments are filled with such hate it’s unreal, don’t understand why people have to be so spiteful without just being constructive.

It’s interesting that another site I race on had started some practice races (in the view that they will start a league later in the year). They got about 30 for the first race and now they struggle to get double figures attending. So the talk is maybe it’ll be abandoned. Which I do admit is curious.

I’m fine with it, yes it still needs work and once I’m done with my RF2 league I’ll go back to it. I suppose a lot of us hoped it would be GTR3 but that hasn’t materialized.

I like ACC, even it's still running unsatisfying with all the issues and low performance in VR. Also i miss new Special Events since release and even with this update, no change! WTF is this? Are the next Special Events coming with ACC 2 or what is this all about? Player-numbers are dropping every day and they don't even bother to do a few minutes of work to change those Events that might lure people into launching the game again.

I think they have their hands full with fixing...

I think the unreal engine caused a lot more problems than they expected. By the time they realized how much work was involved they had got too deep into the project. It was an official game so a deadline was set.

I find it interesting the developments with Ams2 and the Project Cars engine. Makes you wonder if Reiza looked at the unreal engine and then realized how difficult it would be.

I like ACC, even it's still running unsatisfying with all the issues and low performance in VR. Also i miss new Special Events since release and even with this update, no change! WTF is this? Are the next Special Events coming with ACC 2 or what is this all about? Player-numbers are dropping every day and they don't even bother to do a few minutes every month of work to change those Events that might lure people into launching the game again. Why no daily/weekly/monthly events like with other well-known titles?

BS! Like i said: it should take minutes to change it! This feature is just dead by design.

Firstly I like the game, it’s not perfect but hopefully Kunos will keep improving the title.

At the moment I’m in the middle of an endurance league on RF2 so haven’t driven much on ACC, however the general comments seem to be.

1. No triple screen support (yes it does have it but it’s a compromise). This annoyed a lot of users and they walked away. You could say a major issue.
2. Erratic VR support. Some say it’s great, some say they can’t get more than 15 FPS, stuttering, screen tearing and so on. Again a lot of users don’t want to spend hours trying to get it working.
3. One series is concentrated on. A lot of people have moaned this is boring and repetitive, etc. not my view as I like a title that solely concentrates on one series but I can understand the frustration.
4. People wanted an iRacing style online experience, and that hasn’t materialized. However in my view this is very difficult to achieve. IRacing is king of the online "turn up and race" system and it just works very well. No other title has really achieved this. It’s only online leagues like RD that can achieve this sort of involvement.
5. Now this is not an issue with the game but a lot of online racers don’t possess a pc powerful enough to run this title. So they fire up the game, can’t get stable results and go back to RF2, AMS, Raceroom, etc.
6. There are unfortunately a lot of graphical glitches still. Most are an issue with the unreal engine and probably won’t be solved.
7. No modding support. Again not an issue for me but so many are addicted to AC simply because you can race hundreds of cars on hundreds of tracks, plus of course with SOL it’s been transformed.
8. Again a lot of users want that AC physics "feel" and ACC doesn’t have that.

I think this list just sums up the feelings of most users who race or have tried ACC.

I agree some of the YouTube and Facebook comments are filled with such hate it’s unreal, don’t understand why people have to be so spiteful without just being constructive.

It’s interesting that another site I race on had started some practice races (in the view that they will start a league later in the year). They got about 30 for the first race and now they struggle to get double figures attending. So the talk is maybe it’ll be abandoned. Which I do admit is curious.

I’m fine with it, yes it still needs work and once I’m done with my RF2 league I’ll go back to it. I suppose a lot of us hoped it would be GTR3 but that hasn’t materialized.

Thanks for a useful and informative reply. Such a rarity in these threads!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back