Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

Maybe if the rF2 pack have the same 6 years of patience with ACC they had with rF2 itll become something else. Seriously the bashing on Kunos because they released a hotfix patch is pathetic... dont want to be an ass because S397 doesnt deserve ( They managed to give life back to a corpse of a sim, its a goddam miracle ) .. Kunos managed to put an entire game out between the beggining and the still to be seen new UI for rF2...

PS: rf2 + all the downloadable content i have costed me more then 120 Euros, ACC costed me 20 something .... only now since S397 picked up the game i have been playing the game without crashes and decent performance, yet, to be able to play an online game i need to be either on a closed league or no can do.. ACC for better or worst i press one button and...puff im on track

The 97 active players comes from and.or is mentioned in this video:

You can also look at the Steam player base here: https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=assetto+corsa

Bear in mind that if you have a private Syeam account, you won't likely be reflected in the player numbers and most sims have smaller player bases than most other genres.

ACC may be having a dip in numbers as the weather is good in Europe apparently (I'm in the southern hemisphere so I don't know). While there is work to be done on ACC, I remain confident Kunos will fix the issues and build on what they've done thus far.

Already uninstalled this game. It's just not on par with the others like RF2.

Graphics are awesome and I love the rating system but the cars have loads of understeer and the brakes are worse than my Holden Astra.

I am doing the career mode but the cars in this mode feel like RVs and the ai just bump you off the track.

Any tips on improving braking and handling from an old bugger with no clue on how to set up a car?

Graphics are awesome and I love the rating system but the cars have loads of understeer and the brakes are worse than my Holden Astra.

I am doing the career mode but the cars in this mode feel like RVs and the ai just bump you off the track.

Any tips on improving braking and handling from an old bugger with no clue on how to set up a car?

They’re GT3s so the braking distances aren’t particularly short. I suspect what you think is understeer is just not braking early enough. They have ABS so you should hit the brakes very hard, immediately. And trail braking is quite key to getting them to turn in. Finally, you can lower the ABS and that can help reduce braking distances if needed. You can also move brake bias back a little, but on the whole I haven’t found the need to do so.

Re. The AI, I also found that when I first started playing ACC. You’re probably not quite quick enough into the slower corners and chicanes. The AI does have a tendency to tail end you if that’s so. You can turn the AI aggressiveness right down to 20% or so until you get quicker. As you improve, turn that up again, otherwise they won’t try and overtake.

ACC is amazing but it’s pretty hardcore and can take a while to adjust to it. Stick with it!

Yeah I figured, I'll look at a 1660ti or 2060. It just throws me as all other sims look pretty good.

I’m afraid I think your hardware might not be up to running ACC at higher levels of graphical splendor. My 1080 ti and i7 can run it maxed out and it looks amazing so it might be time for an upgrade I’m afraid. People do say that CPU is also very important in ACC though, it’s not just about gfx card.

They’re GT3s so the braking distances aren’t particularly short. I suspect what you think is understeer is just not braking early enough. They have ABS so you should hit the brakes very hard, immediately. And trail braking is quite key to getting them to turn in. Finally, you can lower the ABS and that can help reduce braking distances if needed. You can also move brake bias back a little, but on the whole I haven’t found the need to do so.

Re. The AI, I also found that when I first started playing ACC. You’re probably not quite quick enough into the slower corners and chicanes. The AI does have a tendency to tail end you if that’s so. You can turn the AI aggressiveness right down to 20% or so until you get quicker. As you improve, turn that up again, otherwise they won’t try and overtake.

ACC is amazing but it’s pretty hardcore and can take a while to adjust to it. Stick with it!
Thank you Jonathan,I might look for a setup,it's the car you drive in career mode at Brands Hatch?

Tried starting career mode again,cars feel like Mack trucks,have to slow to a crawl to get around corners or the carwill be on the grass or sand,not fun,cars with massive understeer and weak brakes.

I did enjoy this sim when I first tried it but after driving on all the other sims,ACC feels a chore to drive with the truck like feel of the cars.

Might put my steering lock on 180 degrees with the G 27,that may fix it.

My old Holden Astra steers better than these cars lol.

Tried starting career mode again,cars feel like Mack trucks,have to slow to a crawl to get around corners or the carwill be on the grass or sand,not fun,cars with massive understeer and weak brakes.

I did enjoy this sim when I first tried it but after driving on all the other sims,ACC feels a chore to drive with the truck like feel of the cars.

Might put my steering lock on 180 degrees with the G 27,that may fix it.

My old Holden Astra steers better than these cars lol.

I’m at a loss because that’s really not what I experience at all. Career mode isn’t great yet, im staying away from it until it’s fxed. Maybe try a ver fast track like Silverstone and see if you still feel the same?

Every time @Paul Jeffrey puts an article up to inform us, especially about sims, I cringe because I can't stand seeing our community going at one another over this sim is better than that sim, personal attacks and basically seeing common decency go out the window. Not everyone does this, but many do and then you get the piling on which does none of us any good. Last time I checked, most if not all of us are PAYING for these titles, so none of us are sponsored to actively campaign for a certain title and even if we were, the way some of us go about it just turns people off to your cause........a game a cause:confused::confused::confused::confused: I'm glad to see in the last page and a half that things seem to be calming down a little, so I thank you. One thing I can share with you boys is this. If you were or are facing a life threatening situation with your health or God forbid a family member dealing with such, you would realize just how lucky we are to have one another to lean on, learn from, engage with and share the virtual tarmac for some great times together. Please understand I'm not preaching to anyone, I'm pleading with you. Now on to what I know and is more relevant.

I have about 16 lifetimes worth of hours in AC. AC has been out since, well, time began;) Give most sims that amount of time in a sim and you can get them pretty fine tuned to what you like while a developer, at least the better ones, can fix and polish their game to a point we are happy to pay for it. I do believe Kunos will eventually get ACC to a point that many of us will be somewhat satisfied with it. For me, ACC is always going to be very limited because it only focuses on one type and class of racing, but I do think titles like this are where we can see young people put their talents on display and have a chance at having a career in motorsport, virtual or real, and I think that's pretty cool. To bad I'm 54, but I would've never been able to run at the pace I see some of you boys run at you, you freaking :alien::alien::alien: :)

So this is what I know about ACC from personal experience and from friends.
  1. Limited to poor triple screen support at the moment according to a few friends that have triples.
  2. ACC is really throwing me for a loop in the setup department because we now have such an emphasis on splitter and diffuser efficiency and it seems we need to get used to running on and or trying to work more with the travel range and bumpstop stiffness. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're getting closer to real life aero and ground effect simulation. It's just hard right now because once again we don't have, at least I don't, enough documentation about setup for a sim. Luckily I've been doing this stuff since Geoff Crammonds' GP series.
  3. I would have liked to have some way of having AI in multiplayer fields to fill a grid out when there's only 4 to 8 friends hanging out and want to do an impromptu race. Yes I know you can open a private server up to the public but........................you boys know the horror stories.
  4. From what I understand the Unreal Engine has certain issues that Kunos is having to work through. Kudos to them for trying. I hope they can get it sorted.
  5. Little UI things like being able to save server names and passwords like in Content Manager for AC, would have been nice to have in ACC proper. I don't have VR so it's not as big an issue for me as it is for some of my friends / mates.
  6. I hope we will be able to have some custom skins, but with the official Blancpain licensing it may be that sponsors want to see their logos on the cars so we may be limited. I don't know this for a fact, it's just me using my business experience and looking at it from their standpoint.
  7. I suck, I suck, I suck, I suck, I suck as a driver. That might explain half of what you've read from me so far, but I find the cars are very loose with the Aggro setups. I know we have the Safe/even Bobby can't spin it setups, but good grief I'm 3-5 seconds off the pace right now as it is:cautious::notworthy::notworthy:
  8. Rolling starts are cool........when your engine cranks and you can get it into gear before the guys behind you start plowing over you. Wish there was a penalty or kick to the pits for those that are that impatient. IRL you don't do this and you don't pass anyone until the lights go green. Is this Sim racing or Sin racing:devilish:
  9. No lap stamps on replays saved in multiplayer setting. You guys hosting, I feel for you. I thought AC was hard to police track limits and such. I wish you well and that when you finish your stint as host at RD, you still have some hair left:D:roflmao:
  10. If you notice the stutters, not all just some, while in a multiplayer game it's probably from someone joining the server. In AC when you started a race, there were 24 cars loaded, or whatever the host set as the number of cars in the field, whether they were occupied or not so a lot of the math and calculations was already loaded. That's why you had to declare a car. In ACC, the car is not in there until one of us drags a car kicking and screaming into the server. It's the classic case of a Catch 22.
  11. If I'm wrong about any of the above, I apologize. I've not done a ton of research on any of this since any time I feel well enough I spend it trying to drive. I only want to try and help our community any way I can and since I'm not organizing or managing anymore, I write War and Peace length posts:O_o::D
I wish you all the best in the sim of your choice. Yours, yes yours is the best because that's why you spend so much time in it. That's the way it is for most of us except I use RF2, Pcars2 (ducking as I'm typing that:roflmao:), ACC and my favorite good old AC. She's long in the tooth, but with the Light Shaders Patch and SOL along with all the great modders here it just keeps getting better and better for me.

Opposite lock to ya and God Bless. Elvis has left the building.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%