Assetto Corsa Competizione | Update 1.5.4 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped the fifth post V1.5 hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione.
  • New build address several UI and physics issues.
  • Bizarre high jacked cars on race ending screen now fixed.
  • Various minor adjustments throughout the simulation.
Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.5.4 Update: Click Here.

Work continues over at Kunos Simulazioni HQ in Italy, as the popular development team continue to add further levels of polish and improvement to their Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation following the V1.5 major build update of July 15th.

In the new hotfix release, the team have addressed some of the more minor overhanging issues within the simulation, including physics tweaks to the KTM, Porsche Cayman and Aston Martin GT4 machines, as well as game wide gearbox logic changes to all cars.

2728 (1).png

1.5.4 Update Notes:

GAMEPLAY:

• Monza: corrected pit entry detection zone.
UI:
  • German localization: removed unnecessary translation for AM cup.
  • Corrected reversed blinker symbols on the HUD.
  • Corrected headlight symbol error in certain localizations.
  • Fixed post session corrupted setups.
PHYSICS:
  • KTM X-Bow GT4 Laguna Seca wet preset fix.
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 fuel consumption in preset setups and AI fuel consumption fix.
  • Aston Martin V8 GT4 TC and ABS setup values fix.
  • Gearbox logic waits for gear to engage before accepting another gear input. Fixes spamming downshifts and overreving.
GRAPHICS:
  • Airjack positions adjusted on GT4 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC footer.jpg

Last edited:
I like the humor.
Hmm you are maybe not familiar with what rolling start procedure looked like before this.
Also maybe you are not familiar with the fact that this is an optional thing and can be disabled if you want to simulate a "realistic" race start.

So, just to put one thing after the other: realistic rolling starts -> disaster -> Kunos invests time and money in an additional optional feature to improve rolling starts -> rolling starts finally work fine -> Marlonracer is not happy with that -> We don't care.

Not sure why such a complicated rolling start procedure is even needed. Can't drivers just stay in line properly and have the sim penalize them if they don't?

In my professional life the ratio of utter brainless idiots to normal functional people I meet is so high that if that ratio carries over into the sim racing community then I would think that that procedure is still woefully insufficient.

Honestly I do wonder how the majority of the population manage to get out of bed and get dressed without severely injuring themselves.

Stop feeding the troll, in a previous post he said that "the limiter start was fine".
Now that's pretty obvious, no 15-FOV-driving simracer-privilege woke wacko in their right mind would ever prefer the limiter start of all things over anything that gives you complete freedom in how you react to the start.

Not sure why such a complicated rolling start procedure is even needed. Can't drivers just stay in line properly and have the sim penalize them if they don't?
Except that this is pretty much what's happening, a simple widget is telling you where to be and if you're not doing that, you're penalized. If that widget qualifies as complicated in your book, you're in for a wild ride in this hobby.

Except that this is pretty much what's happening, a simple widget is telling you where to be and if you're not doing that, you're penalized. If that widget qualifies as complicated in your book, you're in for a wild ride in this hobby.

I think the point is that it shouldn't be needed in the first place. It's not exactly difficult to drive in formation and control your speed.

Stop feeding the troll, in a previous post he said that "the limiter start was fine".
Now that's pretty obvious, no 15-FOV-driving simracer-privilege woke wacko in their right mind would ever prefer the limiter start of all things over anything that gives you complete freedom in how you react to the start.
Exactly :thumbsup: I was about to write something similar because it's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.