Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
yeah... marvel at the amazing power of reading comprehension.
So true, but I think he more refers to those who always complains about DLC’s and that it costs money. An opinion which could have been better written down and a bit out of context in this topic.

Though I agree about people yelling against DLC and it’s pricing. I’m more than happy to pay a premium for great content and keeping great developers like you maintain a healthy living and being well funded to develop great sims and content. :thumbsup:

This is day one for me too, hopefully it'll run good enough on my aging i5 3570k and 1060.

Also regarding price, compare it to a night out or the price of a coffee, then compare the effort put in to create a sim game and the value is there for all to see. UK prices it's the cost of around 10 of the cheaper Starbucks coffees fer gawds sakes!

funny the same one who screams at scandal a laser track at 9euro (rf2) now screams at genius for a track and a car at 25euro....:whistling:

For 25€ you have 6 cars and 6 tracks, and an unknow number of cars and tracks for 2019 saison (maybe no new tracks... need to check list of tracks for 2019 Blancpain).
RF2, for 25€ you've 5 cars (pack endurance, example) and 1 track (Sebring, example) and that's all... Where's the genius ?

Nice to see that they will work and finetune the rating system with every build. Imo it’s very much needed in modern simracing or otherwise you’ll end up with multiplayer madness and anarchy. :D

Looks like a great deal to me. I'll be getting the day 1 game for sure. Actually I can't believe the news, and I hope this is not another GTR3 story. Only joking, I know this is the real deal.;):D

@keto95 care to elaborate on the disagree on my post, boyo? What did I say in my statement that is factually wrong?
"You get into the early access program".
Some people are willing to pay for everything, even promises. Too many games turned out to be disappointing. Let's see how the market reacts on this one first.

"In other simple words you are only paying for one car and track, for now, but your 25 bucks also gets you the whole game with more and more content getting added with each new build until the full launch."

Like I said: "Too many race games on the shelf already", so not willing to spend another 25 bucks for now.

I'm not saying your statement is wrong, I simply disagree.
We all have our own reasons, nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I have to say, nice one Kunos. If there's one thing people say it like it is, is that we've never felt ripped off by you.

Unfortunately I won't be able to buy ACC, but I'm sure gonna appreciate seeing you guys at the dairy isle, all with party hats, while I stand on the juice isle looking like this
XER3JUn.jpg

Last edited:
For 25€ you have 6 cars and 6 tracks, and an unknow number of cars and tracks for 2019 saison (maybe no new tracks... need to check list of tracks for 2019 Blancpain).
17 cars https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/cars
11 tracks, not to mention all laser scanned https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar

2019 will have Red Bull Ring (replacing Zolder) and McLaren 720S GT3 at least (both confirmed to be in ACC, for free)

All that for 25€. Perfectly comparable to one track for rF2 of course :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Damn 480 Euros for the new title ... that includes the price of a new Graphics Card :)

Day One purchase irrespective of whether my current card can cope ... and yep ... I do worry that Kunos are under-pricing it. Seems too cheap. Might have to buy two copies and gift one to someone for their birthday :)

LOL! The 1060 or RX470 will handle this game without any problems... This is on UE engine.
This is not necessarily true. While the engine itself is pretty optimized, game developers have to optimize whatever they create, which includes reducing the poly count of 3D meshes, creating textures that look good while having a not-so-huge size, creating good shaders, think about static vs movable lights, lightmap resolutions, and so on.

I can create a 4x4m room in Unreal Engine that will fry most consumer computers if I don't optimize my content.

Source: me, a small amateur tinkering with UE4.

But given Kunos' history of good optimization and the fact that they'll most certainly optimize the game to run on consoles as well, I'm pretty sure even my old R9 270X should be able to handle it on whatever medium-high settings I can find.

It's not like we don't know Kunos Simulazioni's sheer ability and level of pride they've put into every single product they've produced to date.
Starting with Netkar Namie, Netkar Pro, Assetto Corsa.
Each of those titles were released and developed to the hilt.
These guys have a reputation to maintain.
This sim will be no different.
You may sit on the sidelines if you want to but at the end of the day, it'll be like your friend who bought Apple stock on day one....
"You'll wish you had"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back