Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Some things are a 'given'.
This is one of them.
You can just take my money right now.
I'll buy this on day one just to say 'thanks' and support those guys.
Despite what other developers are doing by practically jumping on the I-racing pricing model, KS have maintained a reasonable pricing structure.
They also give away plenty of stuff to peak interest in simracing and to say thank you.
That kind of support get my loyalty every time.

Just checked Steam to see if pre-order was possible...come on Kunos, hurry up and take this money! :D

However,
Having an older computer, I'm worried it might not be up to task. Worst case scenario, are early-access games eligible for Steam's 2-hour refund policy?

I'm not much of an early access person but I realistically know I will buy this at some point because of VR support so mathematically it just makes sense to buy it at the first tier regardless if I have time to play it this year (cmon guys Raceroom WTCR is a BLAST!!).

Current exchange rate, according to xe.com is 1.10 Euro to the £ so you're looking at roughly £22, assuming the pound doesn't tank any further.

However I don't think it will be that low - you tend to see games advertised at, for example 44.99 Euro ending up being £44.99 in the UK (£44.99 seems to have become an industry standard/default price in the UK recently, the American's have a $60 standard/default price point, roughly £46, and there's been talk of whether or not the US market will take a price increase on that standard price point...).

One way to look at price creep is to look at inflation. I grew up with CAD $60 triple-A titles. When they went to CAD $80 I initially was very incredulous until I finally looked up the $60 I remembered corrected for inflation...it was pretty much $80. So the amount I was willing to pay back then for a brand new title is actually the same amount as now.

That made me look at things in a different way.

I certainly do not pay $80 for brand new games but that's because my priorities have changed not because they're actually charging more.

@Paul Jeffrey --> "I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach."

It feels good when the writer says exactly what you are thinking, nice note, not too long.

Impressive indeed, Kunos is showing leadership and creativity in favor of the simracing customer base.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back