Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I will purchase the game as soon as available. I am a big fan of Kunos team work in general.
I know that the game will be improved with the time, and that I will purchase it, as all the other simulation from kunos. Also , why waiting for paying more later ?

This might have made their lifes easier pricing it so low.

I was expecting £35 or so at which point regardless of how good it was they would without a doubt get blasted on steam for having little content, lowering the price counters that, i think there will be negativity but it will not be as much of an up hill battle. Whether people like it or not money is the ultimate goal here and they need to be getting positive reviews to get the optimum amount of exposure on steam. They definitely made the right decision by pricing it so low.

If the A$ falls further down the Rabbit hole my present limited interest in this title will evaporate.
Rough calculation at this point in time works out to some A$50.00 for EA, unless this gets the progressive upgrades FOC then it will be just another 'maybe' if there is a Steam Sale.

I also will not buy into Early Access games (I don't trust giving up money I could spend better elsewhere, especially if a game ends up being a turd), and I definitely won't be paying £44.99 come Early Access stage 5 or Gold release. I'm not and never have been in a position where I can think that prices like £44.99 are chump change nor am I some raving rabid lunatic, who will queue up on day 0 to throw money at sales assistants (or Steam).
Seriously, I don't get peoply like you. If you're not interested in Blancpain that's fine, move on then to content you like better, nothing wrong about that.

But letting pass the offer for 25€ and then getting riled up about the price of 45€ which is still cheaper than most competition, I simply can't follow that line of thinking. Also the risk of EA for this game is practically not existent with the financial backing of a big distributor. I bought AC in EA the first day when nobody knew Kunos, I think it was about 15€ or so back then, and it certainly turned out to be one of the cheapest games ever for me considering the time I played it, yes I'm in the 4 digits hour wise. For the last 8 months in VR, too, without having to pay extra for a VR version, unlike most other games I had to buy a second time.

First native emotional reaction from this Dutchie: Huh? That cheap?
And if a Dutchie thinks it cheap....then it is so.

ACC EA was/is my birthday gift from the kids. So they will also be happy when I tell them it's only €25..Maybe they have some extra spare money for some ice colds to celebrate this gentle gesture from our Italian friends. :thumbsup:

Seems a bit too cheap. I hope they haven't misjudged this. We need them solvent! Seeing as how Assetto has rekindled sim racing for me and is one of the top three best ever sims (GP2, GPL and now Assetto), it is a no-brainer.

P.S. Accura NSX in Blancpain???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back