Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Builds Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new hotfix has arrived for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

The third minor update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now available to download - containing further fixes and enhancements to the simulation following deployment of December's major new build release.

Whilst the big December update brought with it plenty of goodies for sim racers to enjoy, as is usually the case with these sorts of things one or two unwelcome issues have crept into the new build. Already Kunos Simulazioni have been quick out the blocks with a substantial hotfix update back on Wednesday, following up with another couple of more minor fresh releases to the title - details of which can be found below:

V1.2.2
  • Fixed podium visibility in gallery replays.
  • Fixed pitcrew animation when only refuelling is selected.
  • Fixed brake pads in old savegames.
  • Tweaks for Porsche 991II GT3 R FFB vibration.
  • Tweaks to overall dirt buildup on the car bodywork and windscreen.
  • Fixed Ferrari rim LODs that was causing custom colours to show up incorrectly at a distance.
  • MP: increased private server slots for Hungaroring (50) and Zandvoort (34), Silverstone (50), Nurburgring (50), Misano (50) and Barcelona (50).
  • Fix for shared memory stopping after a transition.
  • Porsche EVO and Huracan EVO Spa aggressive setups updated to mitigate physics-induced vibration on certain DD wheels.

V1.2.3
  • MP: fixed erroneous teleporting of cars during formation lap.
  • UI: fixed Stats page showing currently inactive content.

Image Credits: Richard sss / Minamoto_W / lizzyanne

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

ACC Update - Minamoto_W.jpg
ACC Update lizzyanne.png

Having taken few months break I fired up ACC at the weekend to have a peek. I didn't go online, but playing offline against AI was unplayable for me as I'm getting constant stuttering. Had been able to previously race against up to 24 AI cars with no issues and now reduced to 10 AI and dropping my graphic settings it still stutters - this with only ACC running.

Must be honest, I didn't check frame-rates, CPU etc as I was on the ale, but before I start investigating (sober) tonight and posting on the Kunos support forum, has anyone else been experiencing a significant drop in performance?

Early this month I finally bought ACC (along with a new desktop to run it), and I'm just so surprised at how good it is. The physics just feel so natural and rewarding in every car I've tried, with the Ferrari and the Jaguar being my favourites so far. I actually think these cars are better than the GT3 cars in rF2, which I didn't expect at all.

Overall this is probably the most immersive sim I've played yet and I'm planning on buying every DLC Kunos throws in my direction. It even made the wait for Automobilista 2 much more bearable :p

I actually think these cars are better than the GT3 cars in rF2, which I didn't expect at all.
ACC is working like a flightsim in terms of depth of all the systems, settings and functions of GT3, in my opinion, also the sound is tasty af...this alone makes it a bit more "immersive" in my eyes-and ears.
I actually think ACC and R3E have the most believeable GT3 of them all avaiable, ACC gets the slight advantage by having the dedicated systems per car and the overall focus to SRO GT Racing.^^

Last edited:
More than Half way through the 6hr last race in career mode , 2hrs to go and loving it.
There's a 6h race in career mode!? :O_o:

I got to find a way to bump up the AI. Started career mode with a controller (hence the difficulty being set to easy), but switched to a wheel in the meantime and now I'm easily +5 seconds faster than the AI on most tracks... :(

There's a 6h race in career mode!? :O_o:

I got to find a way to bump up the AI. Started career mode with a controller (hence the difficulty being set to easy), but switched to a wheel in the meantime and now I'm easily +5 seconds faster than the AI on most tracks... :(
You can edit the text file manually to change career difficulty. I read that somewhere here in the forums.

I started the career mode in "long" and "hard", which means it is 2x1h Sprint races each weekend and 2x15mins of qualifying. Truth to be told "hard" leaves me in the mid-field of the pack, which doesn't bother me at all. I would guess AI is at a 95%-ish level, with the leaders approx 1-2 seconds faster per lap than me.
Just yesterday I finished my second Brands Hatch race in 5th position! Was quite the thrill battling the AI. Maybe it could've been 4th if I didn't make a stupid mistake 3 laps to the finish.
I closed the first race in 11th and being lapped by the leader, so speed and consitency developed quite a bit on Brands.

But an endurance weekend.....that is on a different level I guess. Good thing we have a save function now. Cannot imagine simracing for 6 hours straight. :O_o:

You can edit the text file manually to change career difficulty. I read that somewhere here in the forums.

I started the career mode in "long" and "hard", which means it is 2x1h Sprint races each weekend and 2x15mins of qualifying. Truth to be told "hard" leaves me in the mid-field of the pack, which doesn't bother me at all. I would guess AI is at a 95%-ish level, with the leaders approx 1-2 seconds faster per lap than me.
Just yesterday I finished my second Brands Hatch race in 5th position! Was quite the thrill battling the AI. Maybe it could've been 4th if I didn't make a stupid mistake 3 laps to the finish.
I closed the first race in 11th and being lapped by the leader, so speed and consitency developed quite a bit on Brands.

But an endurance weekend.....that is on a different level I guess. Good thing we have a save function now. Cannot imagine simracing for 6 hours straight. :O_o:
What AI settings do you use to get them to neither ram you from behind nor brake on the exit of apexes?

For example, at Monza they come from 50 metres back or more and just use me as a wall to get around the corner on the inside into T1, or if I'm close to them, but behind, they go defensive into T1 and on the apex of T1, instead of rolling through the corner, they brakecheck me. After about 20 times in the first 2 hour race of either of these happening, I got fed-up with racing the AI.

Having taken few months break I fired up ACC at the weekend to have a peek. I didn't go online, but playing offline against AI was unplayable for me as I'm getting constant stuttering. Had been able to previously race against up to 24 AI cars with no issues and now reduced to 10 AI and dropping my graphic settings it still stutters - this with only ACC running.

Must be honest, I didn't check frame-rates, CPU etc as I was on the ale, but before I start investigating (sober) tonight and posting on the Kunos support forum, has anyone else been experiencing a significant drop in performance?

Hi AJ, have you tried a clean install? What CPU/GPU do you have, for info I can run 29 AI with i7 4770K and 1070 GPU, higher may be possible, I just haven’t tried it?

Hi AJ, have you tried a clean install? What CPU/GPU do you have, for info I can run 29 AI with i7 4770K and 1070 GPU, higher may be possible, I just haven’t tried it?
Scooooobs..... How you doing buddy?

Hi, not tried a fresh install, might try that if stuttering persists. It's an i5 4690K and a 1080 GPU so capable of running more than 10 AI. Will let you know how I get on.

With what level of detail? Maxed out? Have you tried your 1070 maxed out with this latest update? If so, what FPS do you get and with how many cars?

Thanks.

Mostly Epic, some high, mirrors turned down to medium, usually 70 to 90fps with nearer 70 at some parts of Monza and Nürburgring. I do play on a 42” TV @1080P though so lower res probably helps. As far as I’m aware CPU is the biggest limiting factor for AI. Haven’t played single player much until recently and only run up to 29 (as game pops up a general warning at that point) but intend to test with higher. You can also adjust visible opponents which certainly helps with large online grids, not sure about AI grids though.

Scooooobs..... How you doing buddy?

Hi, not tried a fresh install, might try that if stuttering persists. It's an i5 4690K and a 1080 GPU so capable of running more than 10 AI. Will let you know how I get on.

Hi good thanks, hope you are too. Still have good memories of our old league racing.

ACC is awesome so I hope you can get it working well. I don’t know much about CPUs but yours seems to benchmark above mine. I’m sure some of the folks on the official forums will offer some good advice,

PS. I know in the past some of the updates advised deleting some of the config files etc. so a new install might help. Maybe verify files in Steam as a first step. Also I seem to remember some issue with NVIDIA drivers previously so also check those (expect you have).

Last edited:
Hi good thanks, hope you are too. Still have good memories of our old league racing.

ACC is awesome so I hope you can get it working well. I don’t know much about CPUs but yours seems to benchmark above mine. I’m sure some of the folks on the official forums will offer some good advice,

PS. I know in the past some of the updates advised deleting some of the config files etc. so a new install might help. Maybe verify files in Steam as a first step. Also I seem to remember some issue with NVIDIA drivers previously so also check those (expect you have).
Cool - thanks for the advice. About to do a reinstall - will take a while as my internet is pants since I moved.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back